Why not bring in Bryan Anger?

I thought this guy was a pretty good punter. Obviously JAX was stupid to make him a 3rd round pick, but his career numbers are solid and he's clearly an upgrade, isn't he? What don't I know about him that explains why he's unsigned?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

I thought this guy was a pretty good punter. Obviously JAX was stupid to make him a 3rd round pick

Well, it’s not like there was anyone worth taking in the third round that year...?

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well, it’s not like there was anyone worth taking in the third round that year...?

They had just signed Chad Henne though.  Joke organization until Coughlin took the reigns.

7 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I thought this guy was a pretty good punter. Obviously JAX was stupid to make him a 3rd round pick, but his career numbers are solid and he's clearly an upgrade, isn't he? What don't I know about him that explains why he's unsigned?

In fairness, he now goes by the name Bryan Mismanaged Joy

• Haha (+1) 4

8 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I do not see the upgrade - his numbers were declining and overall last year he was not as good as a rookie in Bojorquez.  Let the 2 Corey’s battle it out and don’t worry about it.  They are young and have a chance to get better - Anger is over 30 and declining.  Should be an easy choice.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the job will end up going to Cory Carter.  He was probably going to win the job prior to getting hurt last preseason.

Bojo was either feast or famine last year.   He had 4 games in which he netted greater than 42.9 yards per punt, which is outstanding.  He also had 2 games in which he netted below 32 yards per punt, which is horrific.

• Like (+1) 4