Ed Oliver with Pancho Billa

I loved his genuine reaction at the draft. It felt very real. This...... this is just awesome. And kind, and personal, and great in so many ways. I don’t think there is a better way he could have. won over Bills fans, and better yet, I don’t think that’s why he did it. He did it because it was a great thing to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, davspo said:

Awesome show of respect by Ed Oliver.  Many of these men do great things for the community and other.  Unfortunately many of the good things go unnoticed and only the bad gets the public spotlight.  

According to the coach, he and Oliver talked 1:1 and addressed the situation man-to-man afterwards, and it was blown way out of proportion by the spotlight.

Beane said they spoke to him (the coach) and were comfortable.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Oliver seems really high character, I was not expecting him to handle this well after what happened with his coach in Houston. Maybe his coach was simply a jackass? Who knows? Oliver seems pretty damn high character to me.

Regardless who was right or wrong he is still a kid and mistakes happen. Both parties probably wish they handled things differently but to me is a non issue.

GOOD STUFF!

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Oliver seems really high character, I was not expecting him to handle this well after what happened with his coach in Houston. Maybe his coach was simply a jackass? Who knows? Oliver seems pretty damn high character to me.

Not a whole lot of opportunities to misbehave in a cancer hospice, but so far, so good, I guess...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wppete said:

I think his coach handled the situation very poorly. Was fired. But you are right , Ed seems like a very high character guy and fits Buffalo perfectly.

Oliver's D-line coach went with him from high school to the college ranks.  He's a big fan of the kid.  That's a pretty good testimony of his quality.

• Like (+1) 1