Ed Oliver with Pancho Billa

32 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think his coach handled the situation very poorly. Was fired. But you are right , Ed seems like a very high character guy and fits Buffalo perfectly.

...think I read where his coach bristled publicly about comments stating Oliver was not used correctly.....

The pundits may dismiss it.. but this another example of the 'culture' that has been in development since McDermott stepped through the doors of One Bills Drive back in January 2017

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Lets all pray Pancho is here and strong enough to be at the home opener next year. Pancho Power!!!! I believe in it!

I have before, did again right now at your behest, and will do so again in the future for Pancho in the hopes that he will come home.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Bills92 said:

The pundits may dismiss it.. but this another example of the 'culture' that has been in development since McDermott stepped through the doors of One Bills Drive back in January 2017

It’s awesome what Oliver did but come on. Plenty of guys did good things in past regimes as well.  

• Like (+1) 2

This draft pick seems to be a home run in every way.  All of the experts (including the Bills own) agree that he has the talent level to be a great player, especially when played in the proper position (which his college team didn't do last year).  On top of that he seems to love Buffalo, love the Bills organization and was clearly excited to be selected by the Bills.  And going to visit Pancho, one of the greatest Bills fans, in the hospital was awesome.  Many prima donna athletes wouldn't have taken the time to make this kind of gesture.  I realize that I am re-stating most of what has been said in other posts, but it just feels right to comment!  One thing to also keep in mind is that Oliver hasn't even signed a contract yet.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That situation was a total joke.  The coach just had a power trip and tried to rip the coat off him.  And obviously, the university agree with Oliver because they fired the coach. 

Sadly, a lot scumbags win too.  We have had plenty of good guys.  

But we don't have scumbags...the  Zay Jones situation was chalked up as a bad night...folks need to let that go.

Don't expect anything less....Kyle did not sell his home...Wood has a place here..

Mark my words...this team is going to have a beaucoup in spirit locker room this year..as long as Hughes doesn't blow a fuse (Grins).

This is a "family team"..passing of the flame.

Kyle and Eric are as important to this year's squad as much as Oliver,Alexander and Morse are.

Warriors bleed and they sacrifice..

This roster has been filled with warriors.

P.S.- Wyatt Teller's job is in jeopardy....you want to tell him that to his face?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

Oliver seems really high character, I was not expecting him to handle this well after what happened with his coach in Houston. Maybe his coach was simply a jackass? Who knows? Oliver seems pretty damn high character to me.

I read somewhere that McD met with the coach and the coach said it was more heat of the moment and Oliver hated the fact he was pulled out at that point and wanted to help his team.

Outstanding!!!!!!!  This young man possesses great character. I would say his parents must be very proud of him and themselves. They have raised a quality individual.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

There are bonds being formed that transcend time and space.  These two young men are Texans by birth, one is a Bills fan by choice, the other a Bill by chance.

They are there for each other in good times and tough times.

#Pancho Power.  Viva Los Bills!

I can almost hear those words said with Vin Scully's voice.

• Thank you (+1) 1