Amari Cooper Extension

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

NE has done it for a long time without spending high dollar on WRs.  I dont see him adding enough value to justify spending that much.  If Jerry isnt willing to pay what hes asking then that should tell you something.

Prescott isnt worth 30M.

Correct, I wouldn’t give Dak more than $25 million....and even that is debatable imo....he’s basically a glorified game manager.

Edited by JaCrispy

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I read on this board you don't need number 1 recievers though...

Fair point!!  Look at Antonio’s, I mean AJ’s, I mean Julio’s, I mean Fitzgerald’s, I mean Evans’, I mean Sammy’s, Brandon Marshall? Juju? Diggs? Theilen? Hill?  I mean OBJ’s, I mean ugh.. 

ffs is Alston Jeffery the best active WR with a ring? Or is it Edelman?  Emanuel Sanders? 

Roger that - WR1 ... nice to have. A necessity of myth. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Edleman? 

The guy who has the GOAT throwing him the ball? 

Ok sorry. I'll rephrase.

A number one WR, especially for a young, RAW QB who struggles to throw guys open will take immense pressure off of him and be reliable as he grows and adapts to the NFL game when your other guys are struggling to get separation... You don't really need a number 1 WR when you have Tom ***** Brady as your QB. 

Immense pressure ?

Struggling to get seperation ?

Josh Allen is no longer a rookie

They revamped the O line and then some.

The WR room is greatly changed as is the TE  team.

last year O line and WRs were suspect in my opinion. Allen was tossed into the salad while it was in the spinner.
This year should be fine. get a cherry for the Sundae next year maybe. or the year after that.

: )

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

They'll get all 3 of Dak/Cooper/Zeke done.

By the time they sign their rookies and roll over cap space, they'll be about $70M under the cap for 2020. That includes Zeke's option year number of $9.1M, and they can easily gain another $15M by letting go of Tyrone Crawford and Cam Fleming.

The real question is what they do with the rest of their 2020 free agents: La'el Collins, Robert Quinn, Sean Lee, Byron Jones, Jeff Heath, Jaylon Smith, Maliek Collins, Anthony Brown, and Kavon Frazier. They'll probably be looking at a heft sum of comp picks in 2021.

Good post. The cap is not nearly the impediment it's viewed as by some. Team's find a way to sign their top players and then decide which of their second tier guys are expendable. The top teams will always be up against the cap. Just have to move money around, restructure deals, and let a few guys walk.

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I read on this board you don't need number 1 recievers though...

It depends....NE has never had a  #1 WR since Randy Moss that dominated the game...On the flip side the Giants did nothing with Odell Beckham...

Even the teams that have the best WRs in the league (Bengals, Falcons)....they haven't been good...

12 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I agree with you but Prescott wants +$30M.  Elliot wants a huge contract like Bell.     Cooper wants Brown type money.  How do they afford all of that?

Not saying the Bills go do it but he is 24, in his prime.  Can be a huge help to Josh. 

And the Cowboys have paid three of their offensive line in Smith, Fredericks and Martin and they just paid DeMarcus Lawrence too. 

I will give them this - to this point they have done a really nice job of balancing the cap and planning the contracts in such a way as they don't hamstring them. But realistically to be able to fit Dak, Zeke and Cooper under the cap for the next 4 or 5 seasons they will probably have to sacrifice one of those linemen after 2019. The crunch point is 2021 when they presently have $75m in cap space... which sounds a lot.... until you realise they have only 14 players under contract and no quarterback. They will need to decide after 2020 whether to extend Jaylon Smith as well (likely they won't). 

The moral of the story is really that the window for Dallas is now. They have a really talented roster this year. They have an excellent offensive line, an elite running back, Cooper and Randall Cobb (and young Gallup who I still like as a developmental guy), they have a capable Quarterback, pass rushers on defense, two brilliant young linebackers and a stud in Byron Jones in the secondary. They should be a Superbowl contender this season.

12 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I agree with you but Prescott wants +$30M.  Elliot wants a huge contract like Bell.     Cooper wants Brown type money.  How do they afford all of that?

Not saying the Bills go do it but he is 24, in his prime.  Can be a huge help to Josh. 

because the cap keeps increasing every year and will go up again soon with new TV contracts...if they want to sign them, they will......

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Did you miss Hapless's post on Dak once Dallas traded for Amari?

The WR and TE group is changed.... it's still a bottom of the league unit. 

If you could take the time to list all the units that are unarguably better.  Id appreciate it.

15 hours ago, Gambit said:

They just traded a 1st rounder for him. Why would they trade him already? They can always tag him if needed.

Exactly.  Not every player who is not under contract is a candidate for the Bills.  I’ve seen people post threads on Aaron Rodgers, and others and is simply ridiculous.

Now the story on Ansah makes sense.

14 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

NE has done it for a long time without spending high dollar on WRs.  I dont see him adding enough value to justify spending that much.  If Jerry isnt willing to pay what hes asking then that should tell you something.

Prescott isnt worth 30M.

30M? For Prescott? I’d let him walk....

18 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Blows my mind that all those guys want that sort of money.  It's not like we are talking about the Steelers offense.  

IMO, the only person that actually deserves that sort of money is Elliot, who is probably the best RB in the league alongside Gurley and Barkley.