Amari Cooper Extension

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Hearing that the Cowboys and Cooper are far apart on extension.   We punted Brown.  Would you take a run at a trade with Dallas?

They just traded a 1st rounder for him. Why would they trade him already? They can always tag him if needed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gambit said:

They just traded a 1st rounder for him. Why would they trade him already? They can always tag him if needed.

Prescott and Elliot are due as well.  Not enough to go around?  Cooper threatens to sit out?

Just now, BillsfaninSB said:

Prescott and Elliot are due as well.  Not enough to go around?  Cooper threatens to sit out

I suppose that could happen. Just doesn't make sense to blow a 1st rounder and get rid of him. Now if they can get a 1st rounder back, then I could see him being dealt already. I highly doubt he gets moved this year tho. Maybe tag and trade next year.

13 minutes ago, Gambit said:

If you look at Dak Prescott's splits, his Y/G post-Cooper-trade took a significant jump.

Not only would it be nuts to trade a guy they just packed off a 1st rounder to get, it would be nuts to trade a guy who is obviously a key piece their young QB needed.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you look at Dak Prescott's splits, his Y/G post-Cooper-trade took a significant jump.

Not only would it be nuts to trade a guy they just packed off a 1st rounder to get, it would be nuts to trade a guy who is obviously a key piece their young QB needed.

I agree with you but Prescott wants +$30M.  Elliot wants a huge contract like Bell.     Cooper wants Brown type money.  How do they afford all of that?

Not saying the Bills go do it but he is 24, in his prime.  Can be a huge help to Josh. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB

54 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Hearing that the Cowboys and Cooper are far apart on extension.   We punted Brown.  Would you take a run at a trade with Dallas?

I don't like running into brick walls so...no.

I heard Poyer and his wife are having marital difficulties though and I would take a run at her. 

• Haha (+1) 1

They'll get all 3 of Dak/Cooper/Zeke done.

By the time they sign their rookies and roll over cap space, they'll be about $70M under the cap for 2020. That includes Zeke's option year number of $9.1M, and they can easily gain another $15M by letting go of Tyrone Crawford and Cam Fleming.

The real question is what they do with the rest of their 2020 free agents: La'el Collins, Robert Quinn, Sean Lee, Byron Jones, Jeff Heath, Jaylon Smith, Maliek Collins, Anthony Brown, and Kavon Frazier. They'll probably be looking at a heft sum of comp picks in 2021.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I agree with you but Prescott wants +$30M.  Elliot wants a huge contract like Bell.     Cooper wants Brown type money.  How do they afford all of that?

Not saying the Bills go do it but he is 24, in his prime.  Can be a huge help to Josh. 

Plus didn't they just give Lawrence $20 mil a year? If they sign Dac, Elliott, and amari close to half there cap is tied up in 4 players. Not a great scenario for them. 

1 minute ago, Knicks&Bills said:

He is a beast, but under the circumstances I’ll pass

...when the Raiders floated the trade idea, don't recall McBeane's name or interest coming up, so why now if the Pokes can't reach a deal?....

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

NE has done it for a long time without spending high dollar on WRs.  I dont see him adding enough value to justify spending that much.  If Jerry isnt willing to pay what hes asking then that should tell you something.

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Prescott isnt worth 30M.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Isn't the next draft supposed to be the best ever???

Let's get an up and comer... cheap!

Cooper isn't worth Brown money... pass.