Which of these do we need to retire first?

Cliche  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which needs to go more?

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s obnoxious. They are two separate people with 2 separate roles. If you like the personnel that’s Beane. If you like the coaching and preparedness that’s McDermott. It’s year 3 and we need to look at them as different people. FWIW, I think that they both do a good job. 

Yes, all day, thanks. I agree 10000%.

1 minute ago, wppete said:

I would like to include a third option.

McClappy was a popular one on TBD last year and his first season.

Ds48nH9W0AETUbt.jpg

I think the clap-back from all his nervous clappin' in 2017 already resulted in less McClappity from Sean last year.

Which is good because an NFL HC shouldn't be spending 20 seconds between each play butt slapping players that come off the field..........he needs to be focused on the next play.

Sorry Sean but when you are 0-11 on challenges and have time management issues it's a bad look to just be getting your head back around to the play as the ball is being snapped. :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m fine with both.  I am, however, in favor of retiring “quick first step,” “lunch pail guy,” and “high motor.”

And "The Patriot Way"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Now that we have reached peak offseason it feels like a good time for some spring cleaning. Which of these 2 gets voted off the island first? While they both need to go, let’s see which one TBD finds more annoying.

Bless you.

• Haha (+1) 1

I didn't read through this thread at all. I just saw the title and immediately hit "reply" to say THIS:

For "cliches to retire", I cast one thousand votes for "Brings his lunch pail to work every day".

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McBeane is short for the FO and undisclosed force behind certain moves. It staying with Me.

TtP has certainly worn out it’s welcome, but it has spread League-wide, so I doubt it’s going anywhere either.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I didn't read through this thread at all. I just saw the title and immediately hit "reply" to say THIS:

For "cliches to retire", I cast one thousand votes for "Brings his lunch pail to work every day".

How did this even get to be a way of describing a hard working player? 

What is it about consistently bringing lunch to work that equates to work ethic?

Isn't it equally possible that an extremely lazy player would still bring food for himself to eat every day?

I just don't get it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I say don't retire anything until you show me the baby.

Though mocking Buddy........there is actually a very good point...........they will not be viewed separately until they actually produce SB contending teams.

McBeane is all about how they are tied together by weird circumstance and their demand for zealous belief in intangible aspects of team building.

It doesn't help that "technically" their timelines aren't parallel even though we know that there was shenanigans going on..........which only ties them together even more.

When they produce the baby Buddy promised long ago then we can start placing clear, individual merit to their work.    

But at this point.......15-17 after two years.........same record as last two HC's.......what's the point?

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

How did this even get to be a way of describing a hard working player? 

What is it about consistently bringing lunch to work that equates to work ethic?

Isn't it equally possible that an extremely lazy player would still bring food for himself to eat every day?

I just don't get it.

Good point. It should be, "Doesn't bother bringing a lunch pail since he works through the lunch hour."

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m fine with both.  I am, however, in favor of retiring “quick first step,” “lunch pail guy,” and “high motor.”

High motor? Lunch pail? How are we supposed to know you are talking about white players?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2