Which of these do we need to retire first?

Cliche  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which needs to go more?

5 minutes ago, without a drought said:

So grammar police is a cliche?

I guess that it is

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Oh yeah? Well the Cliche store called and they want to retire YOU!

I'll be using both through the rest of this season. I Trust McBeane's Process!

If I knew how to block someone I’d make you my first. ?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The flip side to that is that the college coaching job is a combination of coaching and GM. The overall “program” isn’t much different from the NFL. The NFL has taken a big page from college recently in terms of “recruiting (hence the new facility). You need to create an environment that maximizes the player’s value and satisfaction. The Bills signed the most FA (I think) and NO ONE would argue that it’s a prime FA destination. It’s the infrastructure in place that allows them to attract guys that the Bengals can’t. Alabama couldn’t recruit with David Shula, Notre Dame with Bob Davies, the Bills with Modrak/Guy, UM with Brady Hoke, and now you are seeing it at USC. It isn’t that different. 

I agree the environment is similar with current NFL recruiting FA's with glam facilities etc etc........

but that is where it ends. Bills and any other team still can not get all the good players like the top NCAA programs do year in and year out.

Bills in no way landed the top 5 or even the top 2 FA's available. They went more money-ball after Morse(who was not even the top center. Paradis was)

If Bills were Duke in BB or Alabama in football they would have had whoever they wanted. Antonio Brown would be a Bill. Paradise would be. Also the top 10 drafted players would all be Bills right now. They also would not need to play much the first year because Bills would be loaded like Duke and Alabama. Then as soon as any show any bust evidence or failure to develop they would be dropped and new top guys ready to jump in. They would be GS Warriors on roids.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is where we are in 100% disagreement. The scouting staff prepares the reports. The personnel department analyzes the players and the GM picks the guy that they want. The Bills are certainly collaborative but personnel decisions are made by Beane’s team. Joe Schoen and Dan Morgan ABSOLUTELY have a bigger say in that room than McDermott. That’s always the case. They aren’t interchangeable despite their collaboration.

Shame on you for trying to suck me into an argument over which of McDermott or Beane did this or that.  I believe they both wanted Oliver.  Unlike the joke that was Rex & Whaley completing each other's sentences, I sorta think Beane & McDermott might actually have something close to that.  In addition to scouting, there was almost certainly McDermott believing what he might do with Ed Oliver, as well as Beane believing what McDermott might do with Ed Oliver.  

All of this, and so much more, is what McBeane means to me.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

Shame on you for trying to suck me into an argument over which of McDermott or Beane did this or that.  I believe they both wanted Oliver.  Unlike the joke that was Rex & Whaley completing each other's sentences, I sorta think Beane & McDermott might actually have something close to that.  In addition to scouting, there was almost certainly McDermott believing what he might do with Ed Oliver, as well as Beane believing what McDermott might do with Ed Oliver.  

All of this, and so much more, is what McBeane means to me.

FWIW, I’ve heard that they aren’t nearly as on the same page as we believe (which is probably a credit to them). They aren’t at odds with each other but they aren’t inseparable either as I understand it. They have their fair share of disagreements which ultimately results in “who’s role is this?” There is no debate on that end of it.  

They both probably wanted Oliver as that was an easy decision. 

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, I’ve heard that they aren’t nearly as on the same page as we believe (which is probably a credit to them). They aren’t at odds with each other but they aren’t inseparable either as I understand it. They have their fair share of disagreements which ultimately results in “who’s role is this?” There is no debate on that end of it.  

They both probably wanted Oliver as that was an easy decision. 

Wait! That sounds a lot like.......intelligent adults! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

I don't mind trust the process because I trust the process.  I don't mind McBeane because I like having a GM & HC working together to make us a contender for the first time in 20 years.  McBeane is also good for not getting sucked into arguments over which of McDermott or Beane was directly responsible for this or that.  Was Ed Oliver McDermott's guy, or Beane's guy?  In truth, he was McBeane's.

Yeah, I trust the process too. Not to mention that I'd been using "trust the process" for 20 years before this. It's an old saying that originally had nothing to do with the Bills or the Sixers.

11 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

This is perhaps the most irrelevant and ridiculous question ever asked on this site. 2 days to mini camp for draftees. That goodness! 

Seriously?  There are multiple threads created daily that are 100x worse.  How about "Let's sign Dez" or "Baker Mayfield at Kentucky Derby" or "Predict Ed Oliver's number" and on and on and on....

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s what I hate about it. They have different jobs!! We don’t refer to Josh Allen and Jerry Hughes as “Hallen.” 

Haha, well... that wouldn't make a lot of sense (Hallen) but Beane and McDermott are the two guys most responsible for the direction of this team and it seems like they make a lot of decisions together or at least Beane highly values McDermott's input on things. They just seem to be really synced in with what their vision is and how they go about executing it. 

13 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

This is perhaps the most irrelevant and ridiculous question ever asked on this site. 2 days to mini camp for draftees. That goodness! 

You obviously missed the "Should we trade Mario for Skleton?" legendary thread.

McBean is infuriating.

Trust the Process is coach speak and while annoying, it’s no different that the thousands of things all coaches say to avoid really saying anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You obviously missed the "Should we trade Mario for Skleton?" legendary thread.

I member that.

I have a hunch that WHEN th Buffallo Bills get good, this site may become less entertainig.

The "Process" was always just a marketing term for a rebuild, and that's exactly what they did. It always amuses me when I run into someone who regards this "Process" as some sort of mystical or almost supernatural thing occurring. Saying "Trust the Rebuild" wouldn't sell tickets, folks.

how about when announcers refer to players in the plural.

Like what Tony Kubek made famous on Sat game of the week back in the day.

said in a southern good ole boy cadence accent pausing for effect after each name.

ex: Mike Schmidt will have his hands full as the season wears on and he faces the Seavers, the Matlacks, the Koosmans, the Suttons, etc etc.....

2nd on my list is the use of the word "druthers" again in the southern good ol boy accent that Chipper Jones used in almost every interview.

Edited by cba fan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1