Which of these do we need to retire first?

Cliche  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which needs to go more?

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m fine with both.  I am, however, in favor of retiring “quick first step,” “lunch pail guy,” and “high motor.”

Never been a fan of speed "merchant" referring to a receiver. He's not selling speed..hopefully.

• Like (+1) 1

I vote ‘trust the process’. Not invented here. We are a prideful tribe of originality. 

3 hours ago, teef said:

"it's all pink on the inside"

i don't want to retire it or anything.  just wanted to put it out there.

Thats a cliche????? Thanks for ruining it for me toof  ?

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

3 hours ago, Logic said:

How did this even get to be a way of describing a hard working player? 

What is it about consistently bringing lunch to work that equates to work ethic?

Isn't it equally possible that an extremely lazy player would still bring food for himself to eat every day?

I just don't get it.

The lazy player knocks off work to go drink his lunch at the local pub.

• Like (+1) 1

I will commit to not using McBeane any longer.

I'd like to see some level of commitment from the community to not blindly agree with every move McDermott and Beane make.

I'd like to see some level of commitment from the community to not blindly agree with every move McDermott and Beane make.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

How did this even get to be a way of describing a hard working player? 

What is it about consistently bringing lunch to work that equates to work ethic?

Isn't it equally possible that an extremely lazy player would still bring food for himself to eat every day?

I just don't get it.

This lunch pail guy is actually the real diva if you ask me. He's taking precious time out of his day to prepare a bunch of food and place it in some kind of contraption.

Give me the guy who orders food on the fly.

• Like (+1) 1

I figure McBeane is simply convenient shorthand when I think Beane and McDermott are in lockstep on a particular issue or player, or whatever.  I think the process is a real thing.  I've never used "McClappy."  It's kind of pointless to me

• Like (+1) 1

McBeane is longhand for FO in general, as I see it (and due to backgrounds, they are seem as something of a package). The Process, I get what that is. McClappy just comes off as mean spirited and childish to me. JMO (Sorry, all you McClappy fans.) 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Of course not.  Coleman was a waste of money last year.  Coach McD dumped a number of good coaches his first year and hired some with questionable skills, dumped some after a year and repeated it.  The Bills can always get better.