Which of these do we need to retire first?

Cliche  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which needs to go more?

Now that we have reached peak offseason it feels like a good time for some spring cleaning. Which of these 2 gets voted off the island first? While they both need to go, let’s see which one TBD finds more annoying.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

I like McBeane

It’s obnoxious. They are two separate people with 2 separate roles. If you like the personnel that’s Beane. If you like the coaching and preparedness that’s McDermott. It’s year 3 and we need to look at them as different people. FWIW, I think that they both do a good job. 

• Like (+1) 12

Both but especially Trust the process is stuff people have been saying for years, especially the 76ers.  It’s like when you’ve been a crappy boyfriend for years but you keep telling your girlfriend to just trust the process.  

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s obnoxious. They are two separate people with 2 separate roles. If you like the personnel that’s Beane. If you like the coaching and preparedness that’s McDermott. It’s year 3 and we need to look at them as different people. FWIW, I think that they both do a good job. 

Lighten up Francis... its a term of endearment of two guys on the same page rarely seen in sports

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think McDermott gets the final say on all personnel moves over Beane. 

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It reflects the closeness of their relationship.

They've been tied together even since Bacon was sleeping around on his ex-employer with Mc in winter 2017. 

It's McBacon now, btw.  

He brings home the Bacon for his work-wife Mc.

Totally unobnoxious.   Endearing even.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

I think the saying at OBD is actually "respect the process" -- so trust the process can go.

I don't like McBeane either.

Wow, and I thought you were the ultimate homer!!!

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m fine with both.  I am, however, in favor of retiring “quick first step,” “lunch pail guy,” and “high motor.”

Aka Chris Kelsay 

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's the Beane part.     Beane is not a good last name.   If his surname was Bacon it would be better.   McBacon. 

That sounds like a heart attack special.