Entertainers That Died Young

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Anybody say Tupac:

For many years after I thought he was still alive as there just seemed to be so many coincidences.  

I do find that a bit strange they haven't actually found who killed him though 

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

For many years after I thought he was still alive as there just seemed to be so many coincidences.  

I do find that a bit strange they haven't actually found who killed him though 

Wasn't really into it.  The news.  But, didn't they not cooperate with the cops?  Everybody clammed up, very Mafia-esque.

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wasn't really into it.  The news.  But, didn't they not cooperate with the cops?  Everybody clammed up, very Mafia-esque.

I've read various accounts of what happened.  Some think it's gang members who died themselves that shot him.  Something always seems a little off there.

Nonetheless the conspiracy theories are still out there

https://news.avclub.com/tupac-is-alive-and-living-in-malaysia-according-to-sug-1829528220

• Like (+1) 1

Brandon Lee, son of Bruce Lee.  He was to be married in less than 3 weeks.

For those who use/abuse drugs you really cannot say they "died young", they died early when they started taking the drugs and it just took time for body to realize it.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, The Senator said:

Kaufman was not funny, nor ahead of his time in any way, shape, or form.

He was, in fact, an obnoxious ignoramus who gave all Jewish persons a black eye.

Only thing he did right was die, and not soon enough.

JMO.

My favorite Kaufman video (NSFW)...

I’m trying to think what I would have given to be there for that taping......

On 5/7/2019 at 5:57 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Agreed. AC/DC is one of my favorite bands. As far as being a good singer, Brian Johnson has the slight edge. But songwriting, Bon Scott is actually quite underrated. His hits might just be all about sex, drugs, and rock and roll, but look at some of his lesser known hits. Dude was quite a lyricist. Anything on the Powerage album was pure poetry. I found a random guy on Spotify (can't remember his name) that did acoustic covers of Bon Scott AC/DC songs, and if you didn't know better, you'd think they were written to be ballads. 

Ian Dury was only 58 when he headed out...

12 minutes ago, Bills4everNY said:

I was going to mention him but you beat me to it. There is a straight-to-DVD movie about his death that comes out this month called "Room 37."

Yeah, I've got the BD on pre-order at Amazon, haven't yet decided if I will keep it or wait for reviews/better price.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I've read various accounts of what happened.  Some think it's gang members who died themselves that shot him.  Something always seems a little off there.

Nonetheless the conspiracy theories are still out there

https://news.avclub.com/tupac-is-alive-and-living-in-malaysia-according-to-sug-1829528220

Have you seen that TV series yet called Unsolved about the 2pac and Biggie murders?  It was on tv last year but you can find it on Netflix right now.  It was very well done and pretty in depth and from what I've read is supposed to be pretty accurate.  Very interesting stuff

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Have you seen that TV series yet called Unsolved about the 2pac and Biggie murders?  It was on tv last year but you can find it on Netflix right now.  It was very well done and pretty in depth and from what I've read is supposed to be pretty accurate.  Very interesting stuff

Interesting.  I'll see if I can find it.  

Just as something of a time piece I read recently the street Biggie Smalls grew up is now gentrified with million dollar apartments there.  You have to be someone extremely well compensated to afford.  How stuff changes 

8 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Interesting.  I'll see if I can find it.  

Just as something of a time piece I read recently the street Biggie Smalls grew up is now gentrified with million dollar apartments there.  You have to be someone extremely well compensated to afford.  How stuff changes 

Yeah I've heard that about a lot of parts in Brooklyn and NYC in general is like that now.  Crazy when you think about how it was when we were growing up.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 4:59 AM, Mark80 said:

Had more to give:

Duane Allman

Cliff Burton

Shannon Hoon

Hendrix

Joplin

Bonham

Keith Moon

Otis Redding

Sam Cooke

Marvin Gaye

Bradley Nowell

Legendary Status only because died young and not really that great:

Andrew Wood

Sid Vicious

Already peaked when they died, but still great:

Morrison

Cobain

Weiland

Mercury

Staley

Marley

Once you get past 40 I don't put you on the list as dying too young.

Cliff’s bass playing would have been insane had he lived through that crash. The bass shredding and as a solo, for me that’s Cliff.

Does AC/DC’s Bon Scott make it? Died the rockers death and the album after his death is one of the biggest selling... was young 33, seemed on the verge...

(The likes of Dimebag Darrell, Ronnie James Dio, Lemmy and Jeff Hanneman have made sucess before passing away.)

Edited by Shamrock

2 hours ago, Shamrock said:

Cliff’s bass playing would have been insane had he lived through that crash. The bass shredding and as a solo, for me that’s Cliff.

Does AC/DC’s Bon Scott make it? Died the rockers death and the album after his death is one of the biggest selling... was young 33, seemed on the verge...

(The likes of Dimebag Darrell, Ronnie James Dio, Lemmy and Jeff Hanneman have made sucess before passing away.)

I think I'd include Bon Scott in the "already peaked," category.

I was just looking up how old Dimebag was when he was murdered.  38.  What I did not realize, until now, is that he was murdered on the same day (December 8th) that John Lennon was murdered 24 years earlier.

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

Is 35 too young?  If not then add Jaco Pastorious to the list.

Was Gram Parsons mentioned?

those were two very guaranteed young deaths

1) an aggressive and addictive personality with severe bi-polar issues left untreated;

and

2)  chillin' with Keith Richards during that era