The NFL's Top Remaining Free Agents

The next wave of free agency could be primed to begin Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. ET.

The passing of the league-wide deadline signals current veteran players on the open market no longer count in the NFL's method of calculations for determining compensatory draft picks.

"If teams sign players, they are not counted against the compensatory pick formula," NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport explained Monday night on Total Access. "In other words, they do not hurt future draft choices. So, you have some players that are simply in a waiting game."

Teams with money to spend won't find a drying pool of talent, especially on the defensive side of the line of scrimmage.

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh and defensive end Ezekiel Ansah are the highest-ranked unsigned players on NFL.com's list of Top 101 free agents of 2019, which was published before the start of the new league calendar year.

And in a league where pass rushers are at a premium, Ansah and his 48 career sacks should experience an uptick from interested teams willing to be patient as he recovers from shoulder surgery.

"He had a checkup recently with an expert," Rapoport said. "He's going to be ready about early on or midway through training camp. That's a good sign for him."

Other players of note from NFL.com's Top 101 list still seeking a home include cornerback Morris Claiborne, linebacker Jamie Collins, running back Jay Ajayi, safety Glover Quin and outside linebacker Shane Ray, among others.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030106/article/tuesday-deadline-marks-next-wave-of-free-agency

Edited by HOUSE

23 minutes ago, nucci said:

of course he wants one....it's probably not being offered

He wants a multi year deal that doesn’t pay him 1-2 mill a year.  If I’m Beane, I offer him a multi year deal worth pennies.  Those are the offers he’s getting imo.  His best bet to maximize his money is to bet on himself.  Sign a one year deal, play well and get paid more than the pennies he’s being offered this year.

25 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Is this for real?  I would think being an actual good player would land you on the list, but hey, what do I know.

Well , the way a number of folks  people say that it’s a travesty that he hasn’t been signed or on a roster seems to indicate that he is a top FA  ?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I hope Ndamukong Suh never plays another NFL snap in his life. He should have been banned from the league the second time he intentionally tried to injure somebody after the whistle blew.

Not sure if it was on this site or not, but a poster claimed to have info from a friend in the Lions organization regarding Suh.  Said he was only interested in making as much money as possible and that when he was with the Rams he didn’t turn it on as far as his play until midway through the season.  Also it was noted that all he really uses is a bull rush and that makes him a lot more easy to block than he should be.   It all sure seems plausible. 

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Well , the way a number of folks  people say that it’s a travesty that he hasn’t been signed or on a roster seems to indicate that he is a top FA  ?

fair enough, but at the end of the day, his last season of work as a stand alone measuring stick should suggest he's really not worth signing.  forget the other noise that comes with him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Eddiegoofball said:

A one year show me deal for Ziggy would be great. Our signings are pretty much all done so giving a chunk of our remaining 2019 cap space to Ziggy wouldn't hurt in a worst case scenario like him getting hurt or underperforming. Plus a one year deal gives Ziggy all the motivation in the world to give us a great year so he can get paid again. It's a low risk, high reward type of situation and we just happen to have a spot open in the DE rotation for a good pass rusher. With Shaq and Jerry in the last year of their deals and with Murphy easy to walk away from after the season, if the DEs don't perform to expectations, they are a candidate for the kind of nearly complete makeover the O-line got this spring. But adding Ziggy would create a pretty good DE rotation on paper. 

Do you know he's healthy?  Or perhaps Terry's money comes free?

8 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Out of those 5 (Zach brown signed with philly I think) the only one I’m interested in is Ziggy Ansah.

A DE rotation of Hughes, Ansah, Murphy and Lawson would be nice to go with Star, Oliver, Phillips and Phillips. That’s a pretty solid D-line

Don't forget Lorax. Was a top DE according to PFF. Actually him and Hughes were the only DE combo league wide to finish in top 10. He filled Milanos role when he went down but he's still a very effective piece of the rotation, allows flexibility kicking Shaq or Murphy inside 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

That guy has the worst offseason luck i can ever remember..

Well the fireworks thing was stupidity, not bad luck.. I can't find what happened during the accident, but single car accidents have a track record of being self inflicted, so it might just be that he's a few fries short of a happy meal (or a few fingers short of a full fist...).

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Colin Kaepernick is not consider a top free agent?

Racist?

7 hours ago, prissythecat said:

He had his moment of glory.  Unfortunately for him he didnt listen to his coaches and trainers.  He also focused more on being a celeb than a football player.

• 2 weeks later...