Today I learned...Part 3

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

TIL Someone lost half a million dollars betting on the Browns against the Rams

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-rams-bet-500k-mayfield-kitchens-041947569.html   

I thought this was the other article I saw today, and was going to say they did not lose a half mil, only 89 cents. But nope, not the same situation, here's the one I saw earlier...

Bettor's 89-cent, 20-team parlay misses $500K payout because of Redskins loss

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I thought this was the other article I saw today, and was going to say they did not lose a half mil, only 89 cents. But nope, not the same situation, here's the one I saw earlier...

Bettor's 89-cent, 20-team parlay misses $500K payout because of Redskins loss

I saw that one as well. 

18 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

TIL Someone lost half a million dollars betting on the Browns against the Rams

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-rams-bet-500k-mayfield-kitchens-041947569.html   

Look for the ‘Available Saperston’ signs, coming soon to a Flying J near you!  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

8 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

TIL of the terrifying swamp-rodent known as nutria. The 20-lb furry creatures with tusk-like orange fangs are threatening many different aspects of California's ecosystems. 

There was an episode of Cops years ago somewhere in Louisiana that included them going around and shooting them. I can’t find that specific clip, but here’s a similar one. 

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

has a charge of consensual ***** led to imprisonment in the US over the last 30 years?

edit:  that act named after Sodom was censored

10 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I don’t have much knowledge about life in midwestern states, but I get the impression that people from there have some serious hang ups.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:26 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

TIL of the terrifying swamp-rodent known as nutria. The 20-lb furry creatures with tusk-like orange fangs are threatening many different aspects of California's ecosystems. 

I understand that they actually are delicious.  Need to get some recipes for nutria in California restaurants and problem will go away.

A quote from a book "A Phule and His Money"f rom my favorite author Robert Aspirin: "Sergeant, once you've gotten used to nutria, you'll be using it in all your recipes.".

5 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I don’t have much knowledge about life in midwestern states, but I get the impression that people from there have some serious hang ups.

Not just the midwest.  Many states have "*****" laws banning sexual acts which are not procreative.

America is a country of puritans.

the big fur hat that Elaine tried to return to audit, on behalf of George, was made of nutria

and was recognized immediately by internal audit as nutria, along with definition of what a nutria is, quite impressive

15 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

yeah, just the midwest......   ?

On 9/27/2019 at 10:10 AM, row_33 said:

the big fur hat that Elaine tried to return to audit, on behalf of George, was made of nutria

and was recognized immediately by internal audit as nutria, along with definition of what a nutria is, quite impressive

That couldn’t have been good for business...?

• Haha (+1) 1

I think last summer or the year before a few of them broke out of the Toronto Zoo and were running around the City for a while. I think they caught them all

On 9/26/2019 at 8:35 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I can understand the one in Minnesota, I don't know why you would want to and risk it, gets pretty damn cold there in the winter......

This weekend Sex toys were banned in certain part of Orchard Park.......

On 9/27/2019 at 10:10 AM, row_33 said:

yeah, just the midwest..... ?

And today I have now learned that this is what they were refering to on Seinfeld in that episode. I assumed at the time it was regular rat and just another name for it........