Today I learned...Part 3

On 11/22/2019 at 12:33 PM, PastaJoe said:

Cats can detect smells from a couple miles away. Our indoor cat got out and was missing for a couple days. We searched the neighborhood and the farm field behind our property with no luck. The vet suggested we put her litter and some clothing outside so she could find her way back. After doing that she came back from the farm field in an hour.

Don't know whether this had anything to do with scent, but a few years back our neighbors went on vacation. My wife was supposed to keep tabs on tabby. All good until the nut job mother-in-law decided the cat would be better off at her home for the rest of the week. Cat got to nut jobs home a few miles away and immediately bolted. Somehow found it's way back home days later.

44 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Not scripted.  

everything on TV has been 100 percent scripted

one anecdote was a writer telling his parents he wrote all the one-liners for Kitty Carlisle on What’s My Line, and they disowned him for two years 

John Randolph was the original Frank  Costanza on Seinfeld, for the handicap parking spot episode

they reshot the scenes with Stiller and it varies on which version you get 

Crave channel in Canada has Randolph’s version, which seemed strange as I swore Stiller was in it

16 hours ago, row_33 said:

John Randolph was the original Frank  Costanza on Seinfeld, for the handicap parking spot episode

they reshot the scenes with Stiller and it varies on which version you get 

Crave channel in Canada has Randolph’s version, which seemed strange as I swore Stiller was in it

Was the wheelchair episode the first time that Frank was introduced? I know Jerry's dad was a different actor in early years too. Also some roles were played by Larry David

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Was the wheelchair episode the first time that Frank was introduced? I know Jerry's dad was a different actor in early years too. Also some roles were played by Larry David

i did a half-hearted search for Frank episodes and read the wheelchair was his first appearance as a character, so Stiller's intro was later in the booth going on about his silver dollar collection and the eternal "then let him have bananas on the side!!!" in the hand modeling episode

Mother Constanza showed up earlier in The Contest.

Jerry's dad was different but is present in all releases

Larry, voice of Steinbrenner, rejects the written-on money at the newsbooth, and a few other pop-ins.

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Larry, voice of Steinbrenner, rejects the written-on money at the newsbooth, and a few other pop-ins.

Larry David apparently also did Newman’s voice before the character did an onscreen appearance.  Once the need for an actor was realized, Wayne Knight was hired, and redubbed the voice in ‘The Revenge’ episode for syndication.

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Larry David apparently also did Newman’s voice before the character did an onscreen appearance.  Once the need for an actor was realized, Wayne Knight was hired, and redubbed the voice in ‘The Revenge’ episode for syndication.

thanks!  i did not know that, weird wild stuff.

everyone was shocked it kept going and they had to come up with some characters and somewhat arcs real quick

the poolboy refused to do a Spanish accent for his episode and turned it into a big political deal, as far as that went... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the poolboy refused to do a Spanish accent for his episode and turned it into a big political deal, as far as that went... 

No, but ‘Bob’ (of Cedric and Bob) made up for it.  ?

WHO?!  WHO WEEEL NOT WEAR THE REEE-BON?!?!

Interesting as well as to what other character Cedric (John Paragon) played on Saturday morning television in the 80s.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

looking at the Crave exhaustive listens i see show recaps I have no clue about from the 2nd and 3rd seasons, might be worth a spin during holidays and heading into studies again.

Don’t feel bad.  Julia Louis-Dreyfus didn’t even realize that there was a pilot for the Seinfeld Chronicles (George and Jerry in a restaurant exchanging small talk with Lee Garlington as a waitress named Claire).  

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Don’t feel bad.  Julia Louis-Dreyfus didn’t even realize that there was a pilot for the Seinfeld Chronicles (George and Jerry in a restaurant exchanging small talk with Lee Garlington as a waitress named Claire).  

as i get older i think i can watch episodes i've seen 23 times already and they will seem new to me

• Like (+1) 1