Today I learned...Part 3

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

And today I have now learned that this is what they were refering to on Seinfeld in that episode. I assumed at the time it was regular rat and just another name for it........

we are here to help all understand

On 9/30/2019 at 1:26 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Despite the Kramerized Jerry’s insistence the “the difference is negligible”, they weren’t fooling Ipswich with the ‘rat hat’.  ?

Ipswich.... thanks!!! 

you looked that up, right???

:D

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Ipswich.... thanks!!! 

you looked that up, right???

:D

Sadly, no.  I recall the scene where Elaine is lamenting to the ‘Seinfeldized’ Kramer that she had to produce the ‘rat hat’, or she’s in big trouble.  The Ipswich name is unusual enough that it stuck in my memory, and that whole episode is one of my favourites.  Please do not, however, ask me where I set my car keys ten minutes ago...?

30 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I recall some comedian working the line ‘the boat sinks!’ into their routine mocking the hoopla surrounding the movie.

I always thought Hader was going to get fired over lampooning Keith Morrison.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Sadly, no.  I recall the scene where Elaine is lamenting to the ‘Seinfeldized’ Kramer that she had to produce the ‘rat hat’, or she’s in big trouble.  The Ipswich name is unusual enough that it stuck in my memory, and that whole episode is one of my favourites.  Please do not, however, ask me where I set my car keys ten minutes ago...?

well played, I would note the name from Ipswich Town's magic in top levels of English soccer with Bobby Robson, then the cratering for the last 30 years...

Edited by row_33

38 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Nice, usually the opposite happens as it makes more sense to keep the business name of the business that doesn't go bankrupt....

On 10/11/2019 at 8:41 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I believe Cher used to watch Anthony Keidis from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers when he was a kid

There's a few others like this too

TIL  The US is the second-largest producer of apples in the world. Of the 2,500 varieties grown in the US, about 100 are popular commercially.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:41 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

flashback 

a long long time ago when I started working at Harris in Rochester back in 1977 

One woman said to me (in a crowd)  Hey, I used to change your diapers when you were a baby. 

talk about being embarrassed ... She had lived across the street from where I grew up.  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

6 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Velociraptor was a mid-sized dromaeosaurid, with adults measuring up to 2.07 m (6.8 ft) long, 0.5 m (1.6 ft) high at the hip, and weighing up to 15 kg (33 lb), though there is a higher estimate of 19.7 kg (43 lb)

That's a big phuggin chicken!