Today I learned...Part 3

On 8/12/2019 at 7:51 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

He was always a jerk, two roasts for him were totally mean and merciless, not a shred of good natured chiding, but one was done by people that didn’t know him.

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Sha Na Na took the stage before him, that made 100,000 people begin the long trek home in five minutes 

4 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Justin Hayward lost most of his publishing and royalty $$$$ for the 7 core Moody Blues albums from 1966 to 1976 to Lonnie Donegan

David Bowie's contract was also draining, it ended just before he entered the studio for Let's Dance, and he made a commercial success out of it and kept the $$$

8 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

It is not only those systems which use them.  When I was working DoD I'd find many old machines being used with them with agencies having no interest to in replacing them.  One tech showed me a closet of replacement machines and said when one broke they would replace it with another and just have someone fix the old one and put it back in stack.  Each of them had a yellow tape ribbon with dates written on them when it was in service and taken out of service.

6 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Clear case of mishandled auto correct, clearly author meant interned since there was no internet in WWII.

intern - confine (someone) as a prisoner, especially for political or military reasons.

She was among the best dancers of her generation in Poland. She was imprisoned in the Warsaw Ghetto, and later, like other prominent Jews, internet in Hotel Polski and in Bergen-Belsen. 

Ronnie James Dio attended the The University of Buffalo to major in Pharmacology. He played trumpet in the university's concert band; however, he only attended the university from 1960 to 1961 and did not graduate.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/28/2019 at 8:40 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

TIL    Never tell a woman that her Lipo injections on her lips made her less attractive 

is the temptation to do this a part of your daily life?