Today I learned...Part 3

On 5/8/2019 at 8:56 AM, row_33 said:

Ted Nugent

John Lodge

No problem with accepting Zappa lived a clean life, mostly ate hot dogs

Angus Young has never drank alcohol, or used drugs. Smokes cigarettes like a chimney though. 

On 5/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

TIL that only 12 people have walked on the moon, and all within a 3 year span. No one has been to the moon since 1972, over 40 years ago.

Fixed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Wow it really does take a long time for news to reach Canada...

If you weren’t around for all the hype up to the early 70s you might not have cared at all about moon landings 

a big big back of rocks for $14 trillion wasted, must be nice rocks....

Edited by row_33

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

did he get royalties or did the company take them all from his employment contract?

I had a client at the bank who invented those little T shaped plastic pieces that hold price tags to clothes in the store. He got his salary, plus $1. 

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

That is way it works if you are an employee or contractor at a company - unless you have contract stating otherwise all inventions you create are owned by company.  I have a patent owned by Hughes licensed to 13 companies last time I heard.

That’s what they are paying you for. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

That’s what they are paying you for. 

Actually they weren't. I was doing system administration work and my subconscious mind saw a pattern and needed to explain it four times to SME lead for him to understand what I saw but I understand the rules.  Was brought back to do additional work post contract and then offer made to be permanent but I had no desire to move to Arizona.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Actually they weren't. I was doing system administration work and my subconscious mind saw a pattern and needed to explain it four times to SME lead for him to understand what I saw but I understand the rules.  Was brought back to do additional work post contract and then offer made to be permanent but I had no desire to move to Arizona.

Might have been wise to keep that one on the back burner until the contract ends! 

The guy who invented sticky notes for 3M got nothing big for it

A Dilbert cartoon played up this situation for an invention on the job

the worst is finding out your work life insurance policy is for the company, not your family, usually for execs but I’ve seen it for middle management as a surprise

7 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

used to know one of the “NO!” guys with a credit on Tommy Boy, a Canadian actor with a lot of credits like this, he seemed to make a good living in his later years