Today I learned...Part 3

and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds has nothing to do with LSD 

I am the Walrus koo koo kachoo 

on this day in history 1886

Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta, Georgia, begins offering a bubbly beverage called Coca-Cola, a patent medicine said to ease ailments such as dyspepsia, headache, impotence, and morphine addiction. The drink will become rather popular as time goes by.

I believe it also had coca-leaf extract (cocaine) in it

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds has nothing to do with LSD 

I am the Walrus koo koo kachoo 

on this day in history 1886

Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta, Georgia, begins offering a bubbly beverage called Coca-Cola, a patent medicine said to ease ailments such as dyspepsia, headache, impotence, and morphine addiction. The drink will become rather popular as time goes by.

that was part of the culture, pretend no songs were about drugs when talking to someone you looked down on....

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

There are so many crazy rockers that say they never used drugs in the 70's ...   I still don't believe them. 

i can accept it for a few of them.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

There are so many crazy rockers that say they never used drugs in the 70's ...   I still don't believe them. 

Put Zappa at the top of that list - and yet,  he fired Steve Vai for smoking a joint.

Does anyone really believe the ‘Mothers of Invention’ were not severely drug-influenced?

(I have to go away now ... weasels are ripping my flesh...)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Ted Nugent

John Lodge

No problem with accepting Zappa lived a clean life, mostly ate hot dogs

Yeah, but still so surreal, considering the bizarre quality of his creative work, and the life-long company of fellow musicians.

Perhaps one of the most brilliant to ever lay fingers on a Gibson or Fender, when I saw him he drank coffee and smoked Winstons.

Said tobacco was his favorite vegetable.

Edited by The Senator

22 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Yeah, but still so surreal, considering the bizarre quality of his creative work, and the life-long company of fellow musicians.

Perhaps one of the most brilliant to ever lay fingers on a Gibson or Fender, when I saw him he drank coffee and smoked Winstons.

Said tobacco was his favorite vegetable.

I have the complete Edgard Varese 2CD set somewhere in my collection, big influence for FZ.