CBS Sports predicts Bills will land Ziggy

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Ok so b.c Murphy got injured the same will happen to Ansah... Yeah GJ.

No, poor thing.  Murphy had a history of injuries, which is why the Redskins no longer wanted him.  Has he fully satisfied you as a key contributor to our defense?  If so, go for it.  I hope Ansah can turn it around if we sign him, but it's a risky proposition given his injury history.  But who's into nuance or logic.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

A healthy Murphy will do wonders for the d-line this year. I might be in the minority but I think he played pretty well when he was on the field last year. He can get 8-10 sacks across from Hughes.

That said, depth doesn't hurt, and if Ansah passes a medical evaluation he should be seriously considered. As much as a healthy Murphy would do wonders, it's unrealistic to expect him to play 16 games.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, White Linen said:

I think we do as fans and I do think some previous regimes have - obviously not all. 

I just think we're too accepting of underachievement - sometimes.  

I mean there were a significant amount of fans that wanted to give Shaq the 5th year option at nearly 10 mil.  There's fans comparing Zay to Moulds.  

I get it, expectations from fans doesn't have any effect on how the player performs - but I do think we need to get more used to not hanging onto hope in examples like this.  However I do think our FO and coach have higher expectations then we're used to - and if a player doesn't perform we move on.  

I agree...this team deserves better...especially when opportunities present themselves. We can be content and just "field" a perennial 8-8 team, or acquire the best men available.

14 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

As long as he stay healthy then yes, but that's been his issue.  This year though may have enough other depth around him that if he is out, likely won't be missed as much.

I like what we've got back there. Tre'D, Levi, EJ, Taron, and Ryan Lewis. Solid on paper, given what each has accomplished here.

52 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

My guess is Ziggy is using us to drive up his value. Seahawks will likely land him, they're viewed as more of a competitor than we are, of course he wants to go there.

In most cases, this is not the biggest factor in FA decisions 

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

Are you $aying $omethinge el$e might matter? 

Well, NO one kNOws for sho’, but aNOther stack of green should be eNOugh of to hoNOr his demands..

As critically as I can evaluate, the only weakness I see left is a Pass Rusher. We have solid staters and some decent depth -QB notwithstanding. Hughes gets good pressure and short drops hinder every teams pass rush, but a speed freak outside would complete the puzzle, imo.

59 minutes ago, Augie said:

Are you $aying $omethinge el$e might matter? 

From what is reported, that is his biggest factor. But in general, most FAs are looking for $, playing time, comfort with scheme & coaching. Targeting one or another because one is “viewed” as more competitive isn’t typical unless you have a star at the end of his career who never got a ring and that’s their biggest draw. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, McGee Return TD said:

A healthy Murphy will do wonders for the d-line this year. I might be in the minority but I think he played pretty well when he was on the field last year. He can get 8-10 sacks across from Hughes.

That said, depth doesn't hurt, and if Ansah passes a medical evaluation he should be seriously considered. As much as a healthy Murphy would do wonders, it's unrealistic to expect him to play 16 games.

i'm hoping for murphy to be a monster this year ....and having lorax right behind him should wreak havoc. if oliver can push qbs out of the pocket, you know they're gonna run to the right away from hughes.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

From what is reported, that is his biggest factor. But in general, most FAs are looking for $, playing time, comfort with scheme & coaching. Targeting one or another because one is “viewed” as more competitive isn’t typical unless you have a star at the end of his career who never got a ring and that’s their biggest draw. 

and that's why Suh is still out there.  

Another reason was that teams were waiting to not lose out on compensatory picks 

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

They have zero cap room.  And they aren’t in situation like New Orleans where they have a HOF 40 year old QB they can keep kicking the can down the road for.  

That  changed with the injury to JPP.  They don’t have a lot of wiggle room, however.