CBS Sports predicts Bills will land Ziggy

13 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Lawson was drafted specifically for Rex's 3-4 to set the edge on first and second downs IMO.   that is what he does , Ragland to be one of the two inside banger LBs in a 3-4.  thats what he does.  When Rex was fired and they went penetrating 4-3  , both guys became irrelevant. 

So guys can't adjust into different schemes?  Lawson lost weight and became faster/more effective last season.  He was all over the field in some games.  Players can build on progress and improve.  Just because somebody is something doesn't mean they can't become something else.  That's a very limiting mindset you have there.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Ziggy played guitar,

jamming good with Weird and Gilly, And the spiders from Mars.

He played it left hand
But made it too far
Became the special man, then we were Ziggy's band

Now Ziggy really sang, screwed up eyes and screwed down hairdo
Like some cat from Japan, he could lick 'em by smiling
He could leave 'em to hang
'Came on so loaded man, well hung and snow white tan.

OOPs wrong thread....    (maybe it will help) 

So where were the spiders,

As the refs tried breaking our balls

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

The issue with Lawson is explosiveness. No matter how hard he works at it, I believe he’s at his ceiling. He is a decent rotational end who is solid against the run, but he’ll never have the athleticism to be an above average pass rusher imo. 

He lost weight last season and looked much more athletic and disruptive.  With more of a push up the middle from Oliver, our edge rushers should have an easier time getting to the QB.  Shaq has improved from year to year.  Why all of a sudden does his ceiling stop here? In a rotational role, he was quite productive last season.  His biggest limiting factor is his health.  I'm not saying we shouldn't go after Ansah but I'm interested in seeing if he can continue to improve.  

36 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Lawson was drafted specifically for Rex's 3-4 to set the edge on first and second downs IMO.   that is what he does , Ragland to be one of the two inside banger LBs in a 3-4.  thats what he does.  When Rex was fired and they went penetrating 4-3  , both guys became irrelevant. 

I remember reading this article saying Shaq preferred the 4-3 def. I am a fan of his and think he is a great part of the def line rotation

https://buffalowdown.com/2017/06/18/shaq-lawson-buffalo-bills-4-3-defense/

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

With Ziggy, Buffalo could easily have the #1 defense in 2019. Also, Jerry Hughes could be gone in 2020 so I am hoping for a 2 + year deal.

Yup.  A 2+ year deal please. With Shaq playing his last season in Buffalo (he is) and Hughes on the last year of his deal (extend please) it’d be nice to have at least one quality DE under contract for 2020.  Ansah makes a ton of sense for the Bills as well as some other teams. Hope we get him. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

projected? predicted? writers opinions?

predicted buffalo

predicted seattle

predicted baltimore

possibly back with the lions?

raiders?

texans?

hopefully they can get past the predictions today and he lands, somewhere?

Don’t hold your breath.  Ansah will have to wait until he is sure he will pass an NFL physical.  That may not be for months.  In the meantime there isn’t much NFL news to talk about with the post draft, pre training camp lull.  He is just about the only notable free agent at a premium position left on the market so speculation to every possible destination articles will abound. 

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:
prior to being limited to  seven games last year, he had never played in fewer than 13 games in a season. So, Anzah is not injury prone. His big injury just happened in a contract year, earning him that undesirable label.
If Anzah gets hurt again, Cincinnati can just cut bait after the season and lose very little in the long run. If there is still a sliver of a sack artist in Anzah, the Bengals get fantastic value late in free agency.

House, my good fellow, YE OLE concurs! Ansah had one inexplicably bad year in 2016, but aside from that has been good for 8-14.5 sacks a season. His sack numbers are more impressive than those of Hughes. If this injury doesn’t hamper him moving forward this could be a real impact player. 

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Ziggy played guitar,

jamming good with Weird and Gilly, And the spiders from Mars.

He played it left hand
But made it too far
Became the special man, then we were Ziggy's band

Now Ziggy really sang, screwed up eyes and screwed down hairdo
Like some cat from Japan, he could lick 'em by smiling
He could leave 'em to hang
'Came on so loaded man, well hung and snow white tan.

OOPs wrong thread....    (maybe it will help) 

Alright, smarty boots...So where were the spiders while the fly tried to break our balls?  Hmm?  Answer me that!

I like the idea of signing Ansah, but the further into free agency we go the more I kind of get brought back to the reality of it. 

He’s a solid pass rusher, but he’s not much better than what we already have on the roster in Trent Murphy and Shaq Lawson.  He’s past his prime and he’s dealt with a couple of injuries now.  I think if he came into Buffalo and played a whole season without injury, he’d be what the fans had hoped we were getting out of Trent Murphy last year.  I don’t think he’s quite good enough to hold down an edge rushing spot on his own with McD’s rotating defensive line.  Maybe 40-50% of the snaps in sure fire passing situations, while splitting the rest with Murphy and Lawson.  I see maybe a 6-8 sack guy with a full season. 

Over the the past three years he averages 8.5 sacks per 16 games. 

34 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Don’t hold your breath.  Ansah will have to wait until he is sure he will pass an NFL physical.  That may not be for months.  In the meantime there isn’t much NFL news to talk about with the post draft, pre training camp lull.  He is just about the only notable free agent at a premium position left on the market so speculation to every possible destination articles will abound. 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

When I saw EJ Gaines' name on the roster a few weeks ago, I thought it was a typo; subtle, under-the-radar, signing that could go a long way for the defense.   

Yes, when healthy, he is a great CB in this D.  He wanted to much money, so went to cleveland....but, that didn't work out.  If he returns to prior form, he is a BIG signing!!!

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

that probably is one reason for the wait on Ansah to sign..the other is today's date (May 7)..after 4 pm today teams can sign unrestricted free agents without hurting their standing in the league’s compensatory-pick formula for 2020...Maybe someday Bills will actually get to receive 1

• Thank you (+1) 1

If this signing is waiting for the May 7, 4:00 pm deadline, then it is unlikely that the Bills are the destination.  With so many FA signings this year, the Bills would not be influenced by this date.  I'm expecting Ansah to sign with someone else once the deadline has passed.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Alright, smarty boots...So where were the spiders while the fly tried to break our balls?  Hmm?  Answer me that!

Holding my Beer!!!

With just the beer light to guide us, 

So we bitched about his fans and should we crush his sweet hands?

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So....  we wait until after to avoid any compensatory pick losses or before? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I predict...............

I will die one day.

You heard this here first and I have a major source that will never deny this prediction.

If I tell you, I will have to kill you.

?