CBS Sports predicts Bills will land Ziggy

Related image

1. CBS Sports predicts Bills will land this free agent

Wait so the Buffalo Bills aren’t done adding talent to the roster?

The Bills have been more active in free agency than any other team this offseason and have loaded up each side of the ball with numerous pieces.

Offensively Buffalo added Frank Gore, T.J. Yeldon, John Brown, Cole Beasley, Ty Nsekhe, Tyler Kroft, Mitch Morse just to name a few. The key of the offseason has been to surround Josh Allen with talent and Brandon Beane has gone out and done just that.

But what about the defense?

Buffalo added EJ Gaines and Kevin Johnson to the secondary but remained relatively quiet on the defensive line until the draft selection of Ed Oliver.

CBS Sports predicts the Bills will add another piece to a defense that ranked No. 2 in yards allowed last year.

The Bills aren't exactly desperate for a pass rusher, but there's a reason they've been sniffing around Ezekiel Ansah for almost two months. No. 1, adding a former All-Pro to a line that now includes first-rounder Ed Oliver could really ramp up their trench game. No. 2, they're flush with the cap space to make it happen. Ansah may want a one-year deal to get back on the market for one last shot at a big contract, but regardless, he seems like a guy who'd fit in Buffalo. It's not like he'd be playing with slouches, either.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-cbs-sports-predicts-bills-will-land-this-free-agent

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

I hope so, I don't feel he's a huge upgrade, but he certainly gives depth and maybe better play opposite Jerry Hughes.

Man, I think its huge. If he didn't have the shoulder injury he would have been gone the first week of free agency.

Doctor House says no worries, some players actually have a stronger then before shoulder after surgery.

Should be ready by game 1 but I expect he might be held out of the lineup for a game or two as a precaution.

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

When I saw EJ Gaines' name on the roster a few weeks ago, I thought it was a typo; subtle, under-the-radar, signing that could go a long way for the defense.   

As long as he stay healthy then yes, but that's been his issue.  This year though may have enough other depth around him that if he is out, likely won't be missed as much.

Ziggy played guitar,

jamming good with Weird and Gilly, And the spiders from Mars.

He played it left hand
But made it too far
Became the special man, then we were Ziggy's band

Now Ziggy really sang, screwed up eyes and screwed down hairdo
Like some cat from Japan, he could lick 'em by smiling
He could leave 'em to hang
'Came on so loaded man, well hung and snow white tan.

OOPs wrong thread....    (maybe it will help) 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I keep hearing the seahawks are a strong play too. I like the 1 year prove it deal idea for both sides, but as long as it is cost effective. If he explodes this year though, he will sadly be gone and we will be looking for multiple DE going forward if Hughes doesnt get extended too.

prior to being limited to  seven games last year, he had never played in fewer than 13 games in a season. So, Anzah is not injury prone. His big injury just happened in a contract year, earning him that undesirable label.
If Anzah gets hurt again, Cincinnati can just cut bait after the season and lose very little in the long run. If there is still a sliver of a sack artist in Anzah, the Bengals get fantastic value late in free agency.
Edited by HOUSE
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

I’m actually interested in seeing if Lawson has improved his pass rushing abilities. His game got considerably better last year. Doesn’t mean I don’t want Ansah but I’d prefer a 1 year deal. 

Lawson was drafted specifically for Rex's 3-4 to set the edge on first and second downs IMO.   that is what he does , Ragland to be one of the two inside banger LBs in a 3-4.  thats what he does.  When Rex was fired and they went penetrating 4-3  , both guys became irrelevant. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

I’m actually interested in seeing if Lawson has improved his pass rushing abilities. His game got considerably better last year. Doesn’t mean I don’t want Ansah but I’d prefer a 1 year deal. 

The issue with Lawson is explosiveness. No matter how hard he works at it, I believe he’s at his ceiling. He is a decent rotational end who is solid against the run, but he’ll never have the athleticism to be an above average pass rusher imo. 

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

The issue with Lawson is explosiveness. No matter how hard he works at it, I believe he’s at his ceiling. He is a decent rotational end who is solid against the run, but he’ll never have the athleticism to be an above average pass rusher imo. 

He stands out to me as being very slow off the snap

• Like (+1) 1