2 Robert Foster's and 5 Dion Dawkins in '18...

I'm counting on improved run blocking as well.  Much of Shady's problem last season was the presence of too many defensive players in the backfield before Shady even had a chance to look for a hole.

I'm not sure if it's just because our offense has been that bad for that long or if people don't actually watch non-Bills games, but I'm not seeing where a whole bunch of B- / C+ players are going to come together to make a dominant offense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm not sure if it's just because our offense has been that bad for that long or if people don't actually watch non-Bills games, but I'm not seeing where a whole bunch of B- / C+ players are going to come together to make a dominant offense.

That so many fans don't watch much NFL football outside of the Bills has been my point throughout McDermott's tenure as head coach.  The  teams he's put on the field are clearly no where near as good as they need to be on the field on both sides of the ball in order to seriously compete for the playoffs rather than luck into them because other teams making freak plays, but especially on the offense.   If any other team that won 6 games last season added the players the Bills have in 2019, none of these Bills cheerleaders would be picking them to make the playoffs at this point.

It's time for Bills fans to expect better from their team -- and don't give me the Bills "not being able to afford players" or "don't want to be stuck in 'Cap Hell'  BS.   Other teams somehow manage to build great teams, even dynasties, with the same cap and roster restrictions as the Bills.   Bills apologists have been spreading this BS for twenty years while teams like Seattle, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Philadelphia, and Baltimore have at least as many Super Bowls wins as the Bills have playoff appearances. 

I don't want "2 Robert Foster's [sic] and 5 Dion Dawkins" because those guys are JAGs.  I at least want 2 Robert Woods and 5 Cordy Glenns because those guys are actually good NFL players at their positions but I'd prefer to have 2 Andre Reeds and 5 Jason Peters because one is HOFer and the other is a future HOFer.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:52 PM, akcash said:

Do we win more games in 2018? I think yes... essentially that is what we have this year... I believe with Nsekhe, Dawkins, Morse, Ford, and Waddle we have basically the pass pro talent that Dawkins has brought thus far at all 5 positions... And with adding John brown we basically have added another equivalent to what Bob brought in his prime last year. It's scary to think how much different the run game and passing game would have been with that field stretching ability as well. I think our offense is going to be very dominant this year and our backs are going to have empty hallways to run though. Not to mention the presence Cole Beasley's gonna bring. Man this Kool Aid is good.

Good points.

i also think Allen is very good at play action, just didn't get many opportunities to showcase that  ability with the lack of protection and run game. Just the OL improvement alone is going to have a super positive domino effect for this offense and as you pointed out, having Foster and Brown to contend with the deep ball is going to open up so much underneath for Cole and Zay, who will see much more favorable matchups with the added talent. This offense could really emerge as a problem for opposing defenses