Jersey Tweaks

As a big Bills game used jersey collector, silly stuff like this is cool to me.  Its nice theyve stoppes messing with the toilet bowl and full collars too! On the off chance someone cares, I noticed this NFL shield change..

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kroft86/status/1124358366292320256?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Hopefully, they have a nice patch on the shoulder as well as BB.com had a graphic of the 60th anniversary- but as we havent seen a mock of next years jerseys I only assume itll be there. I personally wasnt a big fan of the 50th or the toronto series patches but liked the RCW and although the AFL patch was league issued - it still looked nice. 

I do notice that even scrub game worn jerseys from the 94 season go for considerably more due to their sporting the 35th BB anvrsy and NFL 75th patch. Both looked awesome and are my favorite,  and must be others as well as it had a nice classic look to it, IMO

In case you werent alive or dont know, hes one of my kellys and a reich sporting them

http://imgur.com/Rp8Ad2j

Edited by gobills1212

11 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

As a big Bills game used jersey collector, silly stuff like this is cool to me.  Its nice theyve stoppes messing with the toilet bowl and full collars too! On the off chance someone cares, I noticed this NFL shield change..

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kroft86/status/1124358366292320256?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Hopefully, they have a nice patch on the shoulder as well as BB.com had a graphic of the 60th anniversary- but as we havent seen a mock of next years jerseys I only assume itll be there. I personally wasnt a big fan of the 50th or the toronto series patches but liked the RCW and although the AFL patch was league issued - it still looked nice. 

I do notice that even scrub game worn jerseys from the 94 season go for considerably more due to their sporting the 35th BB anvrsy and NFL 75th patch. Both looked awesome and are my favorite,  and must be others as well as it had a nice classic look to it, IMO

In case you werent alive or dont know, hes one of my kellys and a reich sporting them

I’m not a fan of the collar logo I think it looks cheap or like aaf/arena league. It should have been a patch on the shoulder like the nfl 75th.

The Kelly and Reich jerseys are awesome!  I have a Bennett game jersey from the 75th season. Probably my favorite jersey in my collection.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

I agree that the RCW & AFL 50 patches looked way better than the Bills Toronto Series patch.  Alot of that may be that I liked what RCW and AFL memorialized, but hated the Toronto Series.

I think both the NFL100 and the Bills 60 logo look cheesy.  Very Arena-league look, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, 17years&waiting said:

I agree that the RCW & AFL 50 patches looked way better than the Bills Toronto Series patch.  Alot of that may be that I liked what RCW and AFL memorialized, but hated the Toronto Series.

I think both the NFL100 and the Bills 60 logo look cheesy.  Very Arena-league look, imo.

Im dissapointed in the 100 for sure. Throw it on a patch, an addition to the shield is silly. Ill wait until the 60 is on the jersey to make a final call but as of now i tend to agree with you!

49 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I’m not a fan of the collar logo I think it looks cheap or like aaf/arena league. It should have been a patch on the shoulder like the nfl 75th.

The Kelly and Reich jerseys are awesome!  I have a Bennett game jersey from the 75th season. Probably my favorite jersey in my collection.

Very cool!!

I once had a huge collection when i was in my 20s. It got to be too large so i scaled back and started collecting just Kellys and other guys i liked like Reich and Norwood as well as odd balls like the port hole sand knits and champion ones with both stitched and screened numbers on the same jersey. Last week I bought a huge collection from a former Bills employee for my work with about 300 SB era gamers, 100 Bledsoe era, hundreds of pants, game balls, thoundands of gloves, helmets, stadium signage, locker room stools, cleats and shoes, locker name plates, jackets and anything you can think of. Heck, even the logo from the carpet in the center of the locker room! Something tells me my 20 kellys and 20 odd balls might grow a little. Im going to have to be very strong and not give into temptation lol

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Anyone heard if theyll stick w the color rush another year? I assume the AFL throwbacks would be back. Anyone wish theyd go back to the blue afl throwbacks OR do a throwback for another era? Keep in mind the helmets HAVE to stay white. 

9 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Very cool!!

I once had a huge collection when i was in my 20s. It got to be too large so i scaled back and started collecting just Kellys and other guys i liked like Reich and Norwood as well as odd balls like the port hole sand knits and champion ones with both stitched and screened numbers on the same jersey. Last week I bought a huge collection from a former Bills employee for my work with about 300 SB era gamers, 100 Bledsoe era, hundreds of pants, game balls, thoundands of gloves, helmets, stadium signage, locker room stools, cleats and shoes, locker name plates, jackets and anything you can think of. Heck, even the logo from the carpet in the center of the locker room! Something tells me my 20 kellys and 20 odd balls might grow a little. Im going to have to be very strong and not give into temptation lol

That’s awesome! I also had a decent collection in my late teens early 20s but between moving a lot and people stealing them it got much smaller.  

Id assume the color rush would stay but that’s just an uneducated guess. 

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

That’s awesome! I also had a decent collection in my late teens early 20s but between moving a lot and people stealing them it got much smaller.  

Id assume the color rush would stay but that’s just an uneducated guess. 

People stole them?! Man that sucks!! Its funny how a lot of the older guys in the hobby were the ones collecting back before it was an actual 'thing'. Because of that they just have AMAZING collections but they wont ever see the light of day until theyve sadly passed. 

Even still, you could find them floating around in the $100-$200 range. HOF gamers were cheaper than a modern authentic. Then in the last 2 years everything has spiked in price qnd being much harder to find. Scrubs at the local shows that were once $50 are now $300. I think its just the SB era ones dried up as more people became aware. Itll be interesting to see how this influx affects that once its all inventoried. Not many of the HOFers, but roll guys who are tough finds - Wolfords, Conlans, Finas etc. 

Anywho, the Bills were quick to go back to the all red last year when it became optional - so id tend to agree with you - if for no other reason that they enjoy the spike of saving all the red apparel and sellig more red jerseys later in the year. Rolling them out gives people another reason to buy a different Oliver etc. I do think it's a while before we see any changes to the current duds. They seem to be universally well regarded and why fix what isnt broke?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

People stole them?! Man that sucks!! Its funny how a lot of the older guys in the hobby were the ones collecting back before it was an actual 'thing'. Because of that they just have AMAZING collections but they wont ever see the light of day until theyve sadly passed. 

Even still, you could find them floating around in the $100-$200 range. HOF gamers were cheaper than a modern authentic. Then in the last 2 years everything has spiked in price qnd being much harder to find. Scrubs at the local shows that were once $50 are now $300. I think its just the SB era ones dried up as more people became aware. Itll be interesting to see how this influx affects that once its all inventoried. Not many of the HOFers, but roll guys who are tough finds - Wolfords, Conlans, Finas etc. 

Anywho, the Bills were quick to go back to the all red last year when it became optional - so id tend to agree with you - if for no other reason that they enjoy the spike of saving all the red apparel and sellig more red jerseys later in the year. Rolling them out gives people another reason to buy a different Oliver etc. I do think it's a while before we see any changes to the current duds. They seem to be universally well regarded and why fix what isnt broke?

I lived in a sketchy neighborhood for a bit came home from vacation and was missing a full tote bin. It was odd they didn’t take them all. They missed out on a decent amount of valuables that would have been really easy to carry out. The TV was unhooked and moved. The police and I figured something scared them off. 

Yeah the 90s bills stuff has been harder and harder to find at a reasonable price. Like you said the supply and demand has definitely changed. 

I really like our current jerseys I hope they stay for a long time. They look really good on a sunny day on TV. I wish they would stop with the tweaks to the collar. It seems every year we have something different. But as long as it isn’t the toilet seat I’ll be alright. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

A quick glance at the thread title had me thinking Snooki was back with some obscene dance move.  Thankfully, I was wrong.

I dont know if i should be embarrassed or thankful i dont know what a Snooki is lol

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Anyone wish theyd go back to the blue afl throwbacks OR do a throwback for another era? 

I don't know why they haven't rolled out the AFL-era blues over the last several years...don't know why they've stuck with the white at home the last few seasons.  The AFL blues stripping is superior to the faux-back whites, and they represent the true AFL home blues era.  

7 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Anyone heard if theyll stick w the color rush another year? I assume the AFL throwbacks would be back. Anyone wish theyd go back to the blue afl throwbacks OR do a throwback for another era? Keep in mind the helmets HAVE to stay white. 

They should continue what they've been doing which includes color rush. 2x with AFL and 1x with color rush and then mixing up their normal digs. The color rush they seem to prefer to do in December I have noticed recently.

7 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I wish they would stop with the tweaks to the collar.

The collar should go back to what it was in 2011 when they originally did them. Nike's changes made them look stupid and not just for Buffalo but everyone

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, corta765 said:

They should continue what they've been doing which includes color rush. 2x with AFL and 1x with color rush and then mixing up their normal digs. The color rush they seem to prefer to do in December I have noticed recently.

The collar should go back to what it was in 2011 when they originally did them. Nike's changes made them look stupid and not just for Buffalo but everyone

Ahh 2011.. simpler times;)

I think eventually everyone willing will get 'nike-afied' and hopefully the Bills can resist as long as possible!!

Imo the only halfway decent one is Seattle and maybe thats just bc they were the 1st

Edited by gobills1212

10 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Ahh 2011.. simpler times;)

I think eventually everyone willing will get 'nike-afied' and hopefully the Bills can resist as long as possible!!

Imo the only halfway decent one is Seattle and maybe thats just bc they were the 1st

I don't think everyone will get Nike'd, BUT any team who is open to a non traditional look certainly is for the taking. Buffalo learned from the 2000s just to go back to what works. I think Denver's uniforms are pretty slick, but man Cleveland and Tampa Bay's are atrocious

There is a picture of Mitch Trubisky wearing a bears jersey that has that 100 logo as a patch on his left shoulder with a small Bears logo underneath.  Oddly,  it does NOT have the 100 on the shield like the above pic. Both 100s on a jersey woukd seem like over kill. I suppose there is a chance though there could be 2 patches like 94 as well as the 100 on the shield. If thats the case things will be SUPER busy as thats a lot of stuff in a small space!