The XFL thread

1 minute ago, Golden Goat said:

Will it last longer than AAF?

Based on the TV deals and McMahon’s wealth they should be able to hit payroll. 

I’ve heard lots of stories of how he had to sell away a lot of his personal stock in WWE to fund this thing. But they got a pretty great tv deal it looks and there should be plenty of coverage 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’ve heard lots of stories of how he had to sell away a lot of his personal stock in WWE to fund this thing. But they got a pretty great tv deal it looks and there should be plenty of coverage 

It'll be fascinating to watch. Ironically, McMahon actually saved money selling his stock, at least for the moment. It's been a brutal month for WWE, but they have the Saudi Arabia event coming up, which is huge bucks, and, as you point out, the TV deal announced today.

I am very interested in tv deal as far as how much is XFL making on contracts? I would bet The XFL is getting basically nothing financially and McMahon is ready to lose big for two years in order to get a fan base. 

14 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

The TV Deals bring no revenue into the XFL.  There are no rights fees being paid by the networks, just like with the AAF.  This is pretty standard until the XFL establishes ratings and sustained interest.  Likely a 2 year deal with an opt out after 1.  XFL likely wont see revenue from TV until year 3 at the earliest unless they have a big first season and have an opt out clause to negotiate rights fees for season 2. 

TV exposure is vital to any league starting up, so its a great deal still without the rights fees as the networks have agreed to pay for the production which is expensive at about $400,000 per game.  Had the networks not done that, the XFL would be responsible for paying to produce the content too.  

Same thing going on with Major League Rugby in years 1 and 2.  It was a 2 year deal with CBS Sports and streaming with ESPN and ATT.  No rights fees, but CBS only paid for the game of the week and all of the playoffs.  Production costs for all other games each week during regular season had to be paid by the home team franchise which cost the franchise about $30k per home game.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Can't/won't Vince just have the games on his wrestling streaming app?  I haven't watched wrestling since the late 90's but that seems like that could keep them viable.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Football following the super bowl.  No complaints here.  Gives more guys an opportunity to show they can play (or can’t).   I’ll check the rosters and try and pull for a team.  Wish Vegas had a team again

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am very interested in tv deal as far as how much is XFL making on contracts? I would bet The XFL is getting basically nothing financially and McMahon is ready to lose big for two years in order to get a fan base. 

Read the article