Zay Jones looks ripped

21 minutes ago, GG said:

Glad you acknowledged that.

Most people forget that the main reason that Moulds didn't get production early on is that he was in Levy's dog house.  Whenever he got the chance, he produced and that always prompted questions about why he wasn't on the field more often?     It's the exact opposite situation of Zay, who's always on the field but doesn't produce.

Thanks for posting. I was a young teen during those years. I knew I wanted to see more of Moulds, and I was excited when he got drafted, but as a kid I really did not know what was really going on. 

Your statement here should end all Zay comparisons to Moulds. 

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Amazingly, a good chunk of the plays he made his senior year at ECU were in blowout games either way. Most of the close games he disappeared, (an outlier is his 22 catch game in a 20-15 loss to South Carolina). But it appears his entire career was made on padding stats in a gimmicky offense at meaningless times. It is apparent when you watch his highlight films and take a peek at the score. Not saying he is done, but his production is a bit of a mirage. 

.....nice assessment....thanks for sharing....guess I got too hung up on 160 receptions..............

11 hours ago, CommonCents said:

But he does suck. 

Crazy how much of a whipping boy he has become here.  In my opinion, he started showing really good signs of progress last year. I hope this year is the season he puts it all together.  I have always thought it takes receivers 2-3 seasons before they start making an impact, even though I know there are exceptions to that rule. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats a fair statement, plenty of people stunk for sure, not just Zay.

But the difference is, no one is trying to spin everyone else’s bad performances into a “good” one because of some meaningless final play of the game.  

I'm shutting this thread because it's devolved into another discussion of Zay Jones on-field performance.  It's a fair topic for discussion, but we already have one of them on this page, with several of the same posters making the same points

Apologies to the folks engaging in discussion about Eric Moulds.