Zay Jones looks ripped

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also, he levitates

Hey!  HOY-cue-lees!

Are you talking ‘Penn and Teller’ type levitation or ‘Jesus Christ - Son of God - divine intervention’ levitation?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

40 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is nothing unusual about receivers taking some time to develop into full fledge receivers in the league. The Steelers Ju Ju Smith-Schuster took some time before he became a good receiver for the Steelers. And now he is their primary receiver. Zay was a super productive college receiver for East Carolina, a second tier college program. So it shouldn't be surprising that there was an acclimation period for him. Let's not forget that this mostly possession receiver has had precision qbs throwing to him.

Common John. Smith Schuster had nearly 1000 yards as a rookie and over 1400 as a second year pro.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He had some pretty good games, he’s really the only WR they have who is able to work inside and outside. He’s shuffled QBs a ton. I’m willing to bet with some consistency at that position, he also shows consistency.

He was also apparently injured and still played in his rookie year which resulted in a surgery that effected his participation in OTAs and training camp. Which would also effect any kind of offseason training he'd of wanted to do on his own. Then with the way last offseason went he'd of worked with McCarron and Peterman more than Allen and they I'm going to bet throw the ball very differently. I think he's got a chance to improve a lot this year with a full offseason and Allen set at #1.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope it works out for Zay. He seems like a good dude and a hard worker. I think that it is actually a positive sign that the Bills didn't take a WR in the draft. They must like what they have in Zay and Foster in order to not feel the need to draft one either early or late. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Probably has more to do with the fact that he wasn't the best receiver on his college team even with the abs.

Not sure how to tell you this, but Zay was not the best WR on his team last year either despite it being one of the worst groups in the NFL.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Pulling for Zay, and let's be honest the off season could have two outlooks for Zay

Take 1- They signed two guys, three if you count Williams from the CFL. They also dished out a handsome bonus to land Sills as a UDFA. They signed two tight ends if we count Fischer and his positional change, and drafted two more. They clearly want to add to the skill position core because it was lackluster.

Or

2) Despite all of that, by some accounts WR wasnt even considered a high priority for the Bills brass in the draft. Therefore, there is still a very real possibility that there could be playing time up for grabs if Smokey Beasley and/or Foster start to slip up.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not sure how to tell you this, but Zay was not even the best WR on the worst WR group in the NFL last year, Foster was.

Second, DK was having a big year before he got hurt and only had 50 yards less than AJ Brown at the time he got hurt with more TD's and while averaging 7 yards MORE per catch than AJ.  

Foster could end up better than Zay (Foster is a great fit for Allen) but they could also both end up being good (which I know is hard to fathom for Bills fans)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sucks that you’re more of a DK fan than a Zay fan at this point.

Except I'm not.  So theres that too ;)

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Foster could end up better than Zay (Foster is a great for Allen) but they could also both end up being good (which I know is hard to fathom for Bills fans)

I would love that...I will be pulling for Zay.  

I just found it ironic that people mocked DK for being ripped prior to this.  

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So being ripped somehow meant DK sucked and nothing more than a physical freak...but now being ripped somehow means Zay hasn't sucked?  

LMAO, only on this board.  

& here I thought that "/sarcasm" indicated that everything before it was indeed intended to be sarcastic. Yet here you are, taking things far too seriously so now I'm wondering if I've been wrong all these years or, if perhaps it is you?

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

& here I thought that "/sarcasm" indicated that everything before it was indeed intended to be sarcastic. Yet here you are, taking things far too seriously so now I'm wondering if I've been wrong all these years or, if perhaps it is you?

Hmmmm...sounds like you didn't know how to read the sarcasm correctly then.  If you did, my response would make sense to you ;)

Edited by Alphadawg7

Josh Allen made him look a little more competent last year.  I'm not saying it's time to move on from Zay but it's time to move on from believing he's going to turn into anything special.  He's a complimentary guy and he'll play a few more seasons in the NFL then be an afterthought.  

Have been down on Jones since late last season but it is good to see him putting in the work. Not sure it will translate to catching and running away from defenders but it can't hurt. It is possible the added strength will allow him to be more of a physical wr that can body up and out muscle defenders. Make or break year for him.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not sure how to tell you this, but Zay was not the best WR on his team last year either despite it being one of the worst groups in the NFL.  

That is very debatable.  It was either him or Foster and I don't care what anyone on this board says, Zay was a good player the second half of last season.  He had some really nice TD's and was getting open.  I think he's going to have a good season.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Zay isn’t as bad as a lot make him out to be. Issue is he’s just not a go to guy. He’s a complimentary piece to an offense and he can’t be a focal point like he’s been in his time here. I’m excited to see how he does this season with the pressure of being “the man” taken off. He’s surrounded by more talent and experience and should learn a great deal about running his routes and should also now draw waaaaaaaay easier coverage as the best defenders will be occupied by brown and Beasley 

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

This is a good thing. We saw a picture earlier in the offseason and he looks even stronger now. 

One of my concerns with Zay is that he lacks confidence. It's impossible to know what's going on in someone's head. Just pure speculation.

Maybe getting ripped will help his overall mentality going against elite NFL CB's as opposed to AAC stiffs.

This is a great point. Zay looks nothing like his college self. That version of the dude was making acrobatic, one handed, contested catching and making people look silly. He had a swagger about his game. You could tell he wanted the ball. This version just seems like a shell of that guy. I hope he gets it back becuase it is in there somewhere. 

• Thank you (+1) 1