Zay Jones looks ripped

This is a good thing. We saw a picture earlier in the offseason and he looks even stronger now. 

One of my concerns with Zay is that he lacks confidence. It's impossible to know what's going on in someone's head. Just pure speculation.

Maybe getting ripped will help his overall mentality going against elite NFL CB's as opposed to AAC stiffs.

• Like (+1) 6

There is nothing unusual about receivers taking some time to develop into full fledge receivers in the league. The Steelers Ju Ju Smith-Schuster took some time before he became a good receiver for the Steelers. And now he is their primary receiver. Zay was a super productive college receiver for East Carolina, a second tier college program. So it shouldn't be surprising that there was an acclimation period for him. Let's not forget that this mostly possession receiver has had precision qbs throwing to him.

I doubt that he is going to be a primary receiver for us because he doesn't have the required explosive or even quick traits on the field. But that doesn't mean that he can't be a solid to good receiver for us. I'm looking for him to step it up this year.  

• Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is nothing unusual about receivers taking some time to develop into full fledge receivers in the league. The Steelers Ju Ju Smith-Schuster took some time before he became a good receiver for the Steelers. And now he is their primary receiver. Zay was a super productive college receiver for East Carolina, a second tier college program. So it shouldn't be surprising that there was an acclimation period for him. Let's not forget that this mostly possession receiver has had precision qbs throwing to him.

I doubt that he is going to be a primary receiver for us because he doesn't have the required explosive or even quick traits on the field. But that doesn't mean that he can't be a solid to good receiver for us. I'm looking for him to step it up this year.  

Is this intentional "salt shaking"?  One of the primary beefs around here is that Smith-Schuster hit >70% of his catches for 917 yds during his rookie season, while Zay was struggling to catch just over 1/3 of his targets for 316 yds, after we traded up to take him ahead of Smith-Schuster.

Somehow the fact that Smith-Schuster was catching passes from a HOF QB and playing across from a HOF WR on a top-10 offense while Zay was catching passes from Tyrod Taylor and Nathan Peterman, doesn't factor into the TBD assessment.

Daboll likes to scheme his receivers open, and Zay was open as schemed many a time Allen either didn't process his reads far enough, or lacked time.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2