Richie Incognito working out for Raiders (update: Signed)

Just now, Augie said:

At a certain point in time you realize he’s a guy not fit to be on your team. I have no problem cutting him if that is clear. He wasn’t just disgruntled about the contract. It appears he was unstable. I’d find the man emotional support, but not waste a roster spot or cap space if he’s not up to it. That hurts the team. 

Bottom line: we don’t have enough information here on our couches to decide what should have been done. I’ll trust the FO. 

Agreed. The Bills are not parents. The job of the front office and coaching staff is to do what's best for the team. Their job does not entail teaching lessons at the expense of the team.

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I missed the part in my post where I claimed to be holier than thou. Please enlighten me.

Was it the NFL/ 5th chance part? What part of that sentence isn't true? Did I strike a nerve? If so, my apologies. I did wish he gets his life in order and not once did I state loser, headcase, degenerate or any of the sort. And though you don't know me it goes without saying, Ive got plenty of sin.

Me too.

39 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I didn't like the move for the Bills to grant him his realease, and I like it even less now that he's probably signing with the raiders.

You don't positively reinforce negative behavior. It incentivizes more negative behavior.

So you want the Bills to teach him a lesson by not releasing him?  That’s oddly spiteful.

Hell yeah, !

We screwed Ritchie over by reducing his salary when he was playing at a high level, then didn't try to help him when he was clearly spiraling. they thought we could get by with those chumps last year but realized made a huge mistake by not bringing in quality replacements. Hopefully the new ones are better. 

with the proper help Ritchie should have a couple good years left.

13 hours ago, teef said:

Uh oh.

i really appreciate Ritchie and his time here, but the entire wanting to leave a funeral home with his father’s head just has me thinking this isn’t a great idea. 

sounds like the perfect Olineman :devil:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm not speaking as an expert by any means but I have worked in a psych hospital for 7 years and the people making light of his mental illness have no idea what he might be dealing with and in general making fun of someone with mental health issues is pretty low rent. Some people can get back to baseline when they are doing what they know and what they excel at, in this case it is football for Richie. He gets a sense of purpose out of this and clearly when he is not around the game he struggles. I truly wish him the best, and I have seen people genuinely get better where I work, so there is definitely hope for Richie in the future after football. I am not trying to sound preachy by any means, I have just seen how mental health issues can ravage someones life and the life of their family, and I think people should have more compassion for individuals who struggle with mental health. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 6

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We screwed Ritchie over by reducing his salary when he was playing at a high level, then didn't try to help him when he was clearly spiraling. they thought we could get by with those chumps last year but realized made a huge mistake by not bringing in quality replacements. Hopefully the new ones are better. 

with the proper help Ritchie should have a couple good years left.

I do not think he was "screwed" - he had a choice to either accept proposed new contract, have agent propose alternate or reject it and be a free agent.

I do think he will have a few good years left in right system both football and support.

22 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Define issues? I don’t think mine overlap his much and I might appreciate a separate category 

I did say bat **** crazy. Personally I believe we should all keep our respective issues incognito. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I do not think he was "screwed" - he had a choice to either accept proposed new contract, have agent propose alternate or reject it and be a free agent.

Yep. And the Bills were ready to for him to move on because you don’t offer a guy a pay cut without planning for him to say “no” and having to cut him. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s hilarious how many Bills fans give this guy a pass.  

Agreed.  The guy played here two years, but we've got fans "pulling for him" and "hoping he gets another shot."  it's comical.  The guy has been a douchenozzle for pretty much his entire adult life.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Agreed.  The guy played here two years, but we've got fans "pulling for him" and "hoping he gets another shot."  it's comical.  The guy has been a douchenozzle for pretty much his entire adult life.

Wow, it’s like old times! We agree!  And this is the problem with guys like RI, Chad Kelly, Pac-Man Jones, etc.  they get enabled their whole life because they can play football.  While a routine is probably great for him, is slamming his head for another season good for him long term?  

This guy needs mental health yet fans always make excuses for him.