Richie Incognito working out for Raiders (update: Signed)

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Wish him all the best.

Oh, and while I'm here: Gruden is going to run the Raiders into the ground and they're going to be getting rid of him AND Mayock within the next three years, after which time a full bottoming out and rebuild will be necessary. Dark times ahead for the Raiders. I mean...did you SEE the three players they take with their three first round picks? Yikes. I like Gruden and Mayock a lot and I'm actually rooting for them. I hope I'm wrong about them in this instance, but I don't think I am.

10 year contract, no way will the owner burn that much money for he does not have it.

On original subject I hope Ritchie does well but if he picks up Gruden when he says something stupid that is okay.

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...arugala??......

The bowl is without salad and EMPTY until you put it on his head. Some might argue it would still be empty, because his head is empty, but I’ll leave that to the great philosophers to ponder....

• Haha (+1) 2

I think of Incognito as a talented but troubled person.  I hope he does whatever will help him prepare for the rest of his life, to be a good person in society.  He has some work to do and I hope he does it.  

He might have been a little crazy when he was with the Bills the second time, but he was a great player and a great teammate.  

And I was and still am of the opinion he was really missed last year, big time. And forget my opinion, ask Shady. But with all the Oline signings this offeseason and the draft? And his mental issues? Yep, water on the bridge now. I still wish him well.

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Once you have the salad bowl and the yard shears, how much could THAT cost? 

There was an article awhile back that says he flys to FL every so often to get that haircut from a guy he "trusts".

The money he wastes on that do would be better spent hanging with Kraft in FL.

• Haha (+1) 1

As long as he has football in his life he has structure and seems to do OK then.  So likely through any practices, OTA, camp, etc, he'll likely do well, as well as 36 YO who hasn't played in a year can do I should preface that with. 

But if he gets cut, then all bets are off, and likely he'll even realize then at 36 he's done.  Time to get the kids off the streets and hide the guns and women as who knows what may happen next.

I didn't like the move for the Bills to grant him his realease, and I like it even less now that he's probably signing with the raiders.

You don't positively reinforce negative behavior. It incentivizes more negative behavior.

7 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I didn't like the move for the Bills to grant him his realease, and I like it even less now that he's probably signing with the raiders.

You don't positively reinforce negative behavior. It incentivizes more negative behavior.

At a certain point in time you realize he’s a guy not fit to be on your team. I have no problem cutting him if that is clear. He wasn’t just disgruntled about the contract. It appears he was unstable. I’d find the man emotional support, but not waste a roster spot or cap space if he’s not up to it. That hurts the team. 

Bottom line: we don’t have enough information here on our couches to decide what should have been done. I’ll trust the FO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1