Richie Incognito working out for Raiders (update: Signed)

7 minutes ago, cage said:

Anyone attending a Raiders game will be w/in 500 yards of him

I chose 500 yards because I'm not sure how far bullets travel, so I guessed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

As others above have already stated, I wish him well, I hope he’s worked through his issues and is going to be ok, first and foremost. He brought some needed nasty to our Oline that was sorely missed last year, but do I want him back? I wouldn’t go that far either. I think our post-Richie line options are vastly improved with what the FO has done, and it’s best for all to keep it that way, imho. 

• Like (+1) 1

I hope he makes the team and then does something off kilt as expected

Personally I do not wish him well. He left this team in its moment of need and through a temper tantrum because Wood had to retire. Less than zero respect for this ass hat

Edited by ddaryl
  • Sad 1

Maybe I'm wrong but Gruden doesn't seem to be a guy with really strong principles who worries much about the character of his players.  I think Gruden likes to see the good in people so he's open to giving them second-chances.  Rather than judging & condemning the mistakes people make, he tries to understand them (explain them away) and sees a brighter future.  

So it's no surprise Richie ended up in Oakland.  Incognito played hard for the Bills when he was here so I wish him the best.  

45 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Wouldn’t he get a personal conduct suspension from Roger if he un-retired?

The NFL would have a big problem trying to enforce that. Punishing him for having a legitimate (and presumably, diagnosed) mental health problem would give Incognito a nice lawsuit to pursue.

33 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Melt downs at funerals worry me less than ones at the gym, for instance. I’m pretty sure he was down to leave the facility with the guys head for spying on him 

Or the bar, or the practice field, or the social media///

54 minutes ago, Logic said:

Wish him all the best.

Oh, and while I'm here: Gruden is going to run the Raiders into the ground and they're going to be getting rid of him AND Mayock within the next three years, after which time a full bottoming out and rebuild will be necessary. Dark times ahead for the Raiders. I mean...did you SEE the three players they take with their three first round picks? Yikes. I like Gruden and Mayock a lot and I'm actually rooting for them. I hope I'm wrong about them in this instance, but I don't think I am.

You're not wrong in your assessment,  in fact 3 years is very generous. We're all rooting for Richie to pull it together but this will not end well.

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The NFL would have a big problem trying to enforce that. Punishing him for having a legitimate (and presumably, diagnosed) mental health problem would give Incognito a nice lawsuit to pursue.

I don’t know how that would fly.  Every player who gets in trouble could argue that they were crazy.  Bottom line is he got in trouble with the law and was in the headlines.  Not sure there’s much wiggle room there.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Wood knows he was a masher!!! Shady missed the heck out of him as well. Apparently bat ***** crazy but who doesn't have issues. 

Define issues? I don’t think mine overlap his much and I might appreciate a separate category 

He slapped the Bills in the face on his way out. He renegotiated his contract, took a $1M signing bonus then promptly retired. The Bills should have tried to get that money back. He totally negotiated in bad faith then went through that whole bunch of crap saying he was physically disabled blah blah  blah. He crapped on the one team that took a chance on him. I don't wish him well with the Raiders. 

I'm pretty much done with anything having to do with Richie Incognito.  I'm glad he had a couple of good seasons with the Bills but aside from that I don't see much reason to care about what happens to him.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm pretty much done with anything having to do with Richie Incognito.  I'm glad he had a couple of good seasons with the Bills but aside from that I don't see much reason to care about what happens to him.

Yup.  Outside of him going crazy and hurting/killing people.

55 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Melt downs at funerals worry me less than ones at the gym, for instance. I’m pretty sure he was down to leave the facility with the guys head for spying on him 

can you imagine that guy hurling dumbbells at you?  my workout would be over.