Richie Incognito working out for Raiders (update: Signed)

On 5/6/2019 at 7:38 PM, LSHMEAB said:

Agreed. The Bills are not parents. The job of the front office and coaching staff is to do what's best for the team. Their job does not entail teaching lessons at the expense of the team.

Except for the fact Richie made the team better.

Seriously... This was a WTF by Beane.

In case YOU cant read that says franchise record and Shady gave the ball to Richie. 

The year when Richie was gone, So was Shady, basically.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, without a drought said:

He was under a bit of duress at the time... you know with the whole failing organ thing.

Before: Franchise record. 

After: Ghost of Shady.

I liked it BEFORE BEANE fudged things up. 

TEAM WAS BETTER WITH RICHIE, AND BEANE FUDGED UP, PERIOD. JA WAS HURT BECAUSE OF IT. 

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Paulus said:

In case YOU cant read that says franchise record and Shady gave the ball to Richie. 

giphy.gif

TEAM WAS BETTER WITH RICHIE, AND BEANE FUDGED UP, PERIOD. JA WAS HURT BECAUSE OF IT. 

Well, I don’t think beane made him insane. And I don’t even mean that as a joke or derogatory. Dude was legitimately unwell.

• Like (+1) 3

Yeah. I can read. Incognito was a force for the Bills, but his play was slipping. He signed the renegotiated contract. Had Beane capitulated and renegotiated a renegotiated contract, he would have lost all credibility and leverage in future negotiations. If RI felt disrespected, he should have told Beane to beat when asked to take a pay cut. He did no such thing. I'm also skeptical of the premise that his entire mental breakdown was the result of a contract. I don't buy it. Having said that, I'm extremely sympathetic to his plight and wish him nothing but the best. He's got some real demons and I hope he's able to get it all sorted out. 

• Like (+1) 3

Too late now, and thankfully the OL should be way better this year. But I too can't understand why it was RI, of all 53 players, that got a paycut when he was MONEY for Shady and the Bills. He was a main reason in the playoff run, no less. His insanity seemed controlled while playing with the Bills and off the rails after, but yeah, not sure he should still be vanging heads in pro football...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

No Beane burnt the goodwill by being cheap. 

Important to remember that he signed the deal, then backed out and forced the Bills to list him as retired after not showing up for workouts. This is a guy whose career (and life, quite possibly) the Buffalo Bills resurrected, then he snakes his way out as if they hadn't just offered him a deal that would have put him in the top 25 guards today, salary-wise. And EVEN AFTER ALL THAT they still obliged him by taking him off the retired list so he could be an UFA, at which point he starts Twitter-baiting other potential teams while taking shots at the Bills...all while apparently suffering from liver and kidney failure that must have miraculously healed. 

Loved him while he was here, but he went out with a whimper and I don't like former Bills making a mess on their way out. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

giphy.gif

I've been one of the ones more critical of Beane. I think some would see that, but I don't think this post makes any sense. 

Richie is wacked. He did it to himself. Beane saved cap money in that contract agreement. Richie lost it as he has always periodically done. 

I can't blame Beane for this. I don't see how anyone could. 

I'd wish Richie the best, but he's got like 34 years of proving he's an #######.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Well, I don’t think beane made him insane. And I don’t even mean that as a joke or derogatory. Dude was legitimately unwell.

One year Franchise Record... 

Next year ghost of Shady...

Not rocket science, guys...

tenor.gif?itemid=5618286

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Important to remember that he signed the deal, then backed out and forced the Bills to list him as retired after not showing up for workouts. This is a guy whose career (and life, quite possibly) the Buffalo Bills resurrected, then he snakes his way out as if they hadn't just offered him a deal that would have put him in the top 25 guards today, salary-wise. And EVEN AFTER ALL THAT they still obliged him by taking him off the retired list so he could be an UFA, at which point he starts Twitter-baiting other potential teams while taking shots at the Bills...all while apparently suffering from liver and kidney failure that must have miraculously healed. 

Loved him while he was here, but he went out with a whimper and I don't like former Bills making a mess on their way out. 

11 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I've been one of the ones more critical of Beane. I think some would see that, but I don't think this post makes any sense. 

Richie is wacked. He did it to himself. Beane saved cap money in that contract agreement. Richie lost it as he has always periodically done. 

I can't blame Beane for this. I don't see how anyone could. 

I'd wish Richie the best, but he's got like 34 years of proving he's an #######.

See above.

14 minutes ago, Paulus said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5618286

See above.

I'm glad we set a franchise record in rushing TDs when it has became the wrong way to build an offense. 

Idk why I'm even wasting my time. Richie at his age isn't making or breaking us. Maybe if he was 24 I'd agree.

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5618286

See above.

No doubt he contributed to the run game. He also contributed to a very anemic passing offense. And are you just forgetting about 2017? Hardly a run game to brag about...pretty sure he was on that unit.

11 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

No doubt he contributed to the run game. He also contributed to a very anemic passing offense. And are you just forgetting about 2017? Hardly a run game to brag about...pretty sure he was on that unit.

What QB did we have in 2017? Honestly, it was so bad I forgot. I am not even going to try and remember. I do think JA would have been better had we kept Richie. 

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm glad we set a franchise record in rushing TDs when it has became the wrong way to build an offense

Idk why I'm even wasting my time. Richie at his age isn't making or breaking us. Maybe if he was 24 I'd agree.

What was the QB situation like in 2017? Not Josh Allen. Also, Richie was a good pass blocker, wth are you guys smoking?

Imagine JA if we actually had a run game. Do you guys even football?

Edited by Paulus

14 hours ago, Paulus said:

Pretty superficial analysis of the offensive problems post-Richie...

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Still a fair point, though. It's hard to argue that the collapse of our O-line wasn't a primary factor in the collapse of our run game. And RI was surely a big part of that, along with the departure of Wood.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

Still a fair point, though. It's hard to argue that the collapse of our O-line wasn't a primary factor in the collapse of our run game. And RI was surely a big part of that, along with the departure of Wood.

I am not disputing the fact that the O-line was worse without Richie; however, the offense was not very good in 2017 while he was here. There were a number of factors as to why the offense was so bad after Richie left. To think they would have been appreciably better with Richie is not an objective evaluation of the offense as a whole, IMO. Richie's play had diminished when he left and, to blame Beane for the circumstances under which Richie left is a bit unfair.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Paulus said:

What QB did we have in 2017? Honestly, it was so bad I forgot. I am not even going to try and remember. I do think JA would have been better had we kept Richie. 

What was the QB situation like in 2017? Not Josh Allen. Also, Richie was a good pass blocker, wth are you guys smoking?

Imagine JA if we actually had a run game. Do you guys even football?

Do you even lift bro?

?

• Haha (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Paulus said:

Oh, man...not this BS again...

Shady should "give the ball" to Devin Singletary...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Because there WAS a reason Shady handed him the ball to spike after he set the franchise record... 

Hey, I like Beans but he made a mistake on Richie, IMHO. The vast majority of the people on this board mocked me for even suggesting Richie be re-signed. 

Look, I get the guy's issues. Not all of us are as put together as the rest of us. It does not mean we are bad people which should be disallowed from being part of a successful team (especially, when we make that team better). 

I wish Richie the best and still believe Beane made a mistake by treating him the way he did. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh, man...not this BS again...

Shady should "give the ball" to Devin Singletary...

I'm thinking Paulus might be Richie. The continual use of all caps is something someone would do who is unhinged.

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

Because there WAS a reason Shady handed him the ball to spike after he set the franchise record... 

Hey, I like Beans but he made a mistake on Richie, IMHO. The vast majority of the people on this board mocked me for even suggesting Richie be re-signed. 

Look, I get the guy's issues. Not all of us are as put together as the rest of us. It does not mean we are bad people which should be disallowed from being part of a successful team (especially, when we make that team better). 

I wish Richie the best and still believe Beane made a mistake by treating him the way he did. 

No Richie is a bad person. The story I heard about him sexually harrassing a female worker at a charity golf tournament seals it for me.

Threatening people and doing stuff like that is irredeemable to me. You're looking the other way just because the guy can play football.

• Like (+1) 3