Richie Incognito working out for Raiders (update: Signed)

25 minutes ago, papazoid said:

the most amazing part of this story is that Richie had 3 stellar , distraction free seasons (2015-2017) for the bills sandwiched between two completely lost seasons of 2014 & 2018.

His story is interesting to me for some reason.  He was a perfect gentleman during his second stint in Buffalo, and seemingly had things together.

That all fell apart leading into his "retirement" and then he was back to being squirrely again.

Now maybe he has things on track?

He must have a fairly serious mental condition that is not a problem for him when he is on his meds and seeing doctors.  If he goes off that, he goes off the rails.

His story is mostly about mental illness.

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

How stupid does he feel sitting out the year when he could have made three times what he will be getting paid now?

taking the time to get his head straight outweighed any amount of money.

now he has a one year deal that led to earning more money and may or may not go on to play further if he remains healthy both mentally and physically?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

How stupid does he feel sitting out the year when he could have made three times what he will be getting paid now?

not many would argue his sitting out wasn't for the best....

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here’s Mayock’s press conference on signing Incognito -

Found it interesting that after a year out of football, they only put him through a 2-3 minute workout before deciding he was in good enough shape to play. 

https://www.raiders.com/video/gm-mike-mayock-discusses-new-g-richie-incognito

Edited by BillsFan4

28 minutes ago, row_33 said:

not many would argue his sitting out wasn't for the best....

I don’t know.  He wanted to play last year and didn’t have any other incidents after the funeral home one, if I recall correctly. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Signed for vet minimum, which signals his services were not in demand whatsoever 

Sure but it signals to me that it is harder to get guards than many think. I mean the man is very ill and they are taking a chance on him, however small.

Bill Parcells once said that it was harder to find a good guard than a wide receiver in the draft. I do not know this to be true but I heard him say it.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Whatever may be said about Ritchie, I don't ever recall him playing dirty on the field. Burfict, of course, is another story.

dirty play isn't really a feature of the O-line in games, except for deliberately taking out the knee of a man on D

after the game they can boast about it and NFL films can make a 3 minute clip out of a 12 year career

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Whatever may be said about Ritchie, I don't ever recall him playing dirty on the field. Burfict, of course, is another story.

What???? He routinely got voted dirtiest player in the nfl.  

Ive never seen a player get as many passes and excuses for his behavior than RI.  I guess it’s good that he has football because he would be in prison otherwise.  I will say that I would testify on his part after he does something really bad after he retires. This dude has some serious mental issues but let’s let him keep ramming his head.  I just hope I’m not around him when he really blows.  

But in a way, this is what the Raiders should be.  The greatest hard knocks team ever. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I don’t know.  He wanted to play last year and didn’t have any other incidents after the funeral home one, if I recall correctly. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/35312549

Just a minor situation I which he threw weights at a guy in the gym...

Nothing that any one of us wouldn’t have done....