Post draft Ranking AFC Hopefuls P1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

5 teams will battle for 2 WC slots after all the divisions develop. NE, Pitt, Indy, LAC win their divisions then:

KC

Houston

Cleveland 

Buffalo 

NYJ

....in that order 

I could be wrong but

I think the Stillers are a team on the edge of imploding

• Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong but

I think the Stillers are a team on the edge of imploding

The Stealers already did implode - last year.  I am not seeing how they are better. Team on the decline.  The Browns are the best team in that division.  It remains to be seen if the new head coach can get it done.  

I expect the Chiefs and the Steelers to not be as good as last year. Same for the Ravens and I also think that Houston has a tough schedule and their record will suffer as well.

Chargers Colts Patriots and the Steelers or Browns are division favorites I think. 9-7 or 10-6 will win the AFC North.

I don't expect the Jets to make the playoffs and I think Bell will not be the same force he was in Pittsburgh. Their offensive line will be a major weakness.

I think the Bills will have a shot at the playoffs if they stay healthy. The lack of elite wr talent and an aged backfield, the rookie being a ?, are a couple of concerns.

All in all I think this will be the most talented team the Bills have fielded for years, just need it to come together.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, FLFan said:

The Stealers already did implode - last year.  I am not seeing how they are better. Team on the decline.  The Browns are the best team in that division.  It remains to be seen if the new head coach can get it done.  

The most interesting team in that division is the Ravens.  They've got a legit D. 
They ditched Flacco in favor of LJax, and went 6-1 down the stretch with the 1 loss in overtime and by 3 points to another playoff team (KC)

LJax clearly had the team behind him during their playoff loss, and pundits around the league are pumping him up as taking a step this year.  ""primed for second year leap" "ready to blossom in dangerous Ravens offense" chirps Bleacher Report.    Is that offense a gimmick, that can be solved as ALynn and the Chargers played it?  Or is it legit?

I thought he did  less with more - he had a good OL, a good blocking TE, a good RB - than Allen did, and is getting more credit for it because of the bottom line - the W's.  I'm not a fan of new OC Greg Roman's passing game nor his ability to develop a run-threat QB.

But we'll see.

I'll go with the cinderella team, the one most feel (especially vegas) will only win 6.5 games this season.

they may not win it all, but they will make heads turn when they take the division back after 24 years. making sure to break the patsies** 10 year division title streak in the process.

we don't go 25 years, no title. they don't get title 11 (straight).

no, I'm not drunk, a little high, but not drunk.

I believe we will see a changing of the guard in 2019.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The most interesting team in that division is the Ravens.  They've got a legit D. 
They ditched Flacco in favor of LJax, and went 6-1 down the stretch with the 1 loss in overtime and by 3 points to another playoff team (KC)

LJax clearly had the team behind him during their playoff loss, and pundits around the league are pumping him up as taking a step this year.  ""primed for second year leap" "ready to blossom in dangerous Ravens offense" chirps Bleacher Report.    Is that offense a gimmick, that can be solved as ALynn and the Chargers played it?  Or is it legit?

I thought he did  less with more - he had a good OL, a good blocking TE, a good RB - than Allen did, and is getting more credit for it because of the bottom line - the W's.  I'm not a fan of new OC Greg Roman's passing game nor his ability to develop a run-threat QB.

But we'll see.

I am not buying the Ravens and agree with you - L. Jax did less with more. I think they were totally exposed by the Chargers in the playoff game.  They are interesting, but in the end they look like a middle of the the pack team, and Jackson looks like a slightly more talented version of Tyrod Taylor to me.  Still, I think they are probably better than the Steelers.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, corta765 said:

Looking at their roster honestly knowing the holes they have and the fact at best only 20% of the entire NFL draft plays the majority of snaps for their team in season and that Jackson has not proven to be a passer can you honestly say they are any better then 8 wins? Baltimore is a team that lives off reputation despite being a .500 team for seasons now.

Granted these aren't the Ravens of old but they can't be counted out.

i think Buffalo and Indy are both really on the up and up. Jets still have a shaky OL, not that the Bills OL has proven anything but we literally upgraded 4/5 positions on paper, and the Jets also have a shaky secondary and no edge rushers which is crucial, Jerry Hughes for example may not have the sacks but his pressures on 3rd down are a huge reason for our defensive success. 

i think indy , buffalo and potentially Cleveland could be powerhouses in the afc

16 hours ago, FLFan said:

I am not buying the Ravens and agree with you - L. Jax did less with more. I think they were totally exposed by the Chargers in the playoff game.  They are interesting, but in the end they look like a middle of the the pack team, and Jackson looks like a slightly more talented version of Tyrod Taylor to me.  Still, I think they are probably better than the Steelers.  

As bad a passer as Tyrod was, nothing I saw from Jackson suggests he's even a better passer than Taylor! He's a better runner but like you said, that got completely exposed and neutralized vs Chargers and the blueprint is out there how to stop that run attack. I wish him luck but i just don't see Jackson taking a big leap as a passer, i think he's Tyrod 2.0 basically, might sneak ya in the playoffs but nothing more. 

17 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But we'll see.

Agreed. I personally am not solid on Jackson and think their D is taking a major step back this year. BUT Harbaugh is a good coach and nothing is set in stone. I disagree with Jackson doing less with more considering how Crabtree & Brown both went from being on pace for 1000 yard seasons to cratering to the bottom. I think Jackson had vastly more help then Allen.

Edited by corta765