Buffalo Bills QB Tyree Jackson’s long draft wait chronicled in ESPN+’s NFL Draft Academy

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Does anyone here think he should have stayed at college another year?

I think the better question is, does anyone here think he should not have stayed at college another year?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, StHustle said:

Ahhhh...hindsight vision. ALL the experts agreed he was a guy good enough to be drafted. Our own GM was surprised he wasnt drafted. So were other GMs. Unfortunately, the teams interested in drafting a later round QB didnt agree. Every decision is bad when things dont work out right?

I don't think this was hindsight.  It was a bad decision.  The other thing was he was a graduate transfer eligible.  Could of transferred to a bigger program for his last year.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, eball said:

I think the better question is, does anyone here think he should not have stayed at college another year?

I agree with all the comments he should have stayed in school.  I could see him leaving UB, however, using the NCAA transfer portal.  UB lost a lot of his support team around him, and there was no assurance things would go well at UB this year.  But, if a major wanted a 1 year  QB, he was it, and he certainly should have done it.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I agree with all the comments he should have stayed in school.  I could see him leaving UB, however, using the NCAA transfer portal.  UB lost a lot of his support team around him, and there was no assurance things would go well at UB this year.  But, if a major wanted a 1 year  QB, he was it, and he certainly should have done it.

TJ3 was most certainly welcomed back by Leipold if he wanted to return

and he would’ve had a good team.

3-4 good RBs, a solid line, the best TE in the MAC and a lot of untapped potential at WR

you can always hurt your draft stock but he would’ve have a solid returning foundation 

On 5/5/2019 at 6:25 PM, Cheektowaga Chad said:

This show alluded to the fact especially the final episode that he got bad advice

Off topic but watching the show its hard to not root for Hollywood Brown

Hollywood will have a hard time playing with a QB who's weak skill is deep passes.

John Brown found out last year when Ravens benched Flacco and Hollywood is a John Brown clone.

19 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Hollywood will have a hard time playing with a QB who's weak skill is deep passes.

John Brown found out last year when Ravens benched Flacco and Hollywood is a John Brown clone.

I think hollywood has some potential there on quick timing routes with the Ravens

Overall I agree though, still hope he performs well. Seemed like a goofy highly skilled kid that just wants to have fun.

• Like (+1) 1

He should have stayed in school ... but it is not like he is going to really refine his game playing at UB playing against the MAC. He is a giant project now or later. 

I think he was draftable though and don't mind the Bills taking him as a UDFA.  There are elements of his game that remind me a little bit of EJ Manuel - big thick guy, strong arm without a very fluid motion, fast enough to run a decent 40 but not functionally fast, kind of slow to process the field.

One more year in school, and he's a top 15 pick, IMO... I don't know his personal circumstances, but it was a BIG risk coming out... Unlike some here, I think he's very talented, and capable... I just believe he needed a larger body of work to get more serious consideration.

...this kid makes tartare look well done.....didn't they get smoked against upper level MAC competition as well as bowl appearance?......what exactly has he shown to come out early?...size?......may want to ask the Seahawks about SDS's Dan McGuire as their 16th overall pick in 1991....