2019 Bills Passing Game - What do you expect?

14 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Those passing numbers would be lucky to win 8 games

Bills defence wasnt nearly as good as you think

Your opinion was about last years defense.  We are talking about this years Bills team.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And then you look at our schedule.  And add Ed Oliver a new OL and WRs.  Edmunds another year of experience.  Gaines and Kj to our CBs.  Possibly ansah or another pass rusher after the 7th.  

Our running game WILL be much improved.  Allen went 5-5 with no OL, no WRs and no Running game.  So how did we go .500 if you defense isn’t very good?  Coaching? Luck?  He went 5-5 with nothing on O and now we’re clearly better with an easier schedule.....and he’d be lucky to have the same winning percentage as last year just because of “stats”?  Meh. The improvement in our running game will be enough to get 8 wins of allen only hits the above stats.

All good point NewEra but he won't hear them. 

40 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Those passing numbers would be lucky to win 8 games

Bills defence wasnt nearly as good as you think

LOL  Lucky to win 10 games ......  Tell that to these guys 

RNK   YPG Record
21 Dak Prescott 243 10 - 6
25 Mitchell Trubisky 230 12 - 4
28 Russell Wilson 216 10 - 6

Dak Prescott  3,885 passing yds

Russell Wilson  3,448 passing yds
Mitchell Trubisky,3,223 passing yds

The Bills Defense was top 10.   That's not what I call crappy.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

Net Total Yards Leaders  D    Buffalo Ranked #2 

Net Pass Yards Leaders  D    Buffalo Ranked #1 

Net Rush Yards Leaders  D    Buffalo Ranked #16

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

22 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

With Yeldon and Singletary our running game will improve slightly.  I'm not expecting anything from Gore or Shady. My 2019 Josh Allen prediction is as follows:

1.5 tds/game = 24

230 yds/game = 3680

500 yards rushing + 6 tds

12 ints

You left out a significant part of the equation: it's called a new offensive line.

The Bills offense is going to look like Baltimore with Flacco. Running game will be the feature with play action, some screens, and occasional deep balls. Josh at this point is not a precision short game guy. I’m not saying he can’t develop that part of his game but it will take time.  TE play should be better but it is a real unknown. For those that think the Bills offense is going to look anything like the Patriots, Chiefs, or Eagles I think you will be disappointed. Allen is a season or two away from running those type of high percentage multiple pass attempts offenses.

23 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I would like to see 2500-3000 yards and 15 tds 

Josh will probably run a lot of those in as opposed to throw from inside the 5 cause well he’s a monster in that area of the field. 

I’d prefer less than 15 ints. 

That would be an awful season for a year 2 Franchise QB..  If he isn't 3,500 ish and over 20 passing TDs we have a problem.

Wentz had 33 TDs / 7 INTS in yr 2.  

Goff who was horrible his first year had 3800 and 28 TDs with only 7 picks in yr 2. 

Added: Trubisky had 3200 and 24/12 in yr 2.  That should be where Allen is this year ball park with some solid rushing numbers.

Edited by HeHateMe
  • Like (+1) 1

Our "D" will get even better than the second half LY.  Running will improve a lot with the new "O" line the second half.  Both open up the passing game and Josh will have a good year while learning the new receivers.  We should be  very good the second half.  9-7 and the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

That would be an awful season for a year 2 Franchise QB..  If he isn't 3,500 ish and over 20 passing TDs we have a problem.

Goff who was horrible his first year had 3800 and 28 TDs with only 7 picks in yr 2. 

Added: Trubisky had 3200 and 24/12 in yr 2.  That should be where Allen is this year ball park with some solid rushing numbers.

RNK   YPG Record

Mitch hardly passed at all his 1st year playing in CHI.  He's stepped it up and BAM the team got 12.  

Like Mitch Josh needs a bump and a great defense.  He doesn't need to be the league leader 

Have to think that the offensive line will be improved.  That should give Josh more time from the pocket where he threw pretty darn well.  Also I think the darn swing routes to the RB will be one of the main focuses in developing Josh this season.  They were there for the taking and he would wait way too long.  That is where Brady makes his living.  Figure he completes a few of those easy dumps during the game.  I would not be shocked to watch his completion percentage fall between 60-62% this year which I think is more than enough.  I am guessing he averages 200-250 yards a game passing.  The long balls are not high completion percentages but I think with better offensive line play they do become more achievable regularly.  

Season 3,500 yards           24 TD's   12 INT's          That is serious improvement.  Ground game will be markedly improved this season.  McCoy gets really close to the 12,000 yard mark this year.  I think we lead the league in rushing this season.  To me that would be the biggest improvement.  That opens up the passing game for Josh Allen.  Play Action they were force feeding last season.  This year it will work.

I suspect that quite a few fans have already overestimated our WR corps, even the ones who were here last season. We Bills fans have terrible short-term memories, and it’s easy to look back on last season and remember some of Robert Foster’s terrific plays, and forget some of his egregious drops, for example. 

Certainly, Foster and Jones developed during the season, and the least we can expect from our upgraded WR corps is some real increase in production in our passing game. That’s pretty obvious. But, I don’t think it’s going to be huge. 

All that that being said, I think Brown, Foster, Beasley, Jones, Roberts make the 53, and Williams, Sills vie for #6. Williams for his potential, Sills as a red zone target. 

Sorry to see McKenzey go, but I think his role is supplanted by Roberts/Beasley. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

There’s a difference there though you’re not equating in. Those are all 3 offensive coaches. I mentioned earlier the reason I expect to see those stats from Allen just my theory that they’ll be running the ball a ton. 

• Like (+1) 1

...not even going to bother to wing stats......Belichick always talks about three phases.......so just give me the offensive phase where the passing game is a viable threat when called upon as an integral part of the offense...sure as hell do NOT mean in catch up mode.....say generically that the options are 60/40 run/pass or 60/40 pass/run....Daboll needs to determine WEEKLY what is the opposition's weakness and plan to exploit the hell out of it...at the same time, he needs to have Alternate Plan B or C drawn up in the event that A does not work....hate him all you want, but Belichick is THE master of adjustments, which has been an ongoing OBD weakness IMO....said it before and will say it AGAIN, if you want Josh to be our long term franchise QB solution, damn well better mitigate him putting the entire club on his shoulders unless you want him on a gurney....McBeane has added some perceived offensive talent via draft and FA...why "perceived"?.....because it's ALL ON PAPER RIGHT NOW....so Daboll is charged with being able to read and react to the flow of each game, adjusting accordingly, as he expects his players to do weekly....equal standard for coaches AND players IMO...stay tuned....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

If his completion percentage is 56+, everything else will take care of itself. He's never going to be a super "efficient" passer, but something in that range combined with his AY/A would get it done. 

The surrounding cast is now "competent" so the passing game is really going to hinge on Allen's development.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL  Lucky to win 10 games ......  Tell that to these guys 

RNK   YPG Record

Dak Prescott  3,885 passing yds

Russell Wilson  3,448 passing yds
Mitchell Trubisky,3,223 passing yds

The Bills Defense was top 10.   That's not what I call crappy.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

Net Total Yards Leaders  D    Buffalo Ranked #2 

Net Pass Yards Leaders  D    Buffalo Ranked #1 

Net Rush Yards Leaders  D    Buffalo Ranked #16

19th in points

Bills D gave up a lot of points on short fields. Thats how the Bills ranked second in yards allowed

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

19th in points

Bills D gave up a lot of points on short fields. Thats how the Bills ranked second in yards allowed

FRR.  It was 18th. 

Frasier was clueless for 1.5 weeks. 

Pick 6’s factor into that? 

We faced how many playoff teams?

And  IF the team gave up 30 but scored 31 who gives a crap?

Two QBs that should not have played did.   Which relates to

Your best defense is a Good offense 

NE was 27 against the pass.  I thought Gilmore was a great pick up.