A Ferry ride to Centre Island

Kensingston and St. Lawrence Markets

The Science Center 

Hockey Hall of Fame 

Great dining along the Dandforth. 

The Aquarium (awesome) 

Thanks Millbank!

13 hours ago, Augie said:

The Pub looks nice, and their website made me hungry!

At the Braves new stadium you can get General Admission tix for about $8, so we went just to see the new stadium, have a beer and hear a couple cracks of the bat. I’m with you on baseball, I’m good for about 3 innings. (Golf, btw, should be more like 12 holes, but I digress.) For $8 I go in and check it out, for $40 I go straight to the Pub. 

It would only be about $30 a ticket in US dollars. 

Toronto Argonauts

NO   NAME POS I/N HT WT AGE COLLEGE
00   Worthy, Chandler WR I 5'9 176 25 Troy
1   Coombs, Anthony WR N 5'9 199 26 Manitoba
10   Edwards, Armanti WR I 5'11 190 31 Appalachian State
11   Charette, Alex WR N 6'1 200 27 Guelph
13   Alford, Mario WR I 5'8 177 27 University of West Virginia
19   Green, S.J. WR I 6'2 216 33 South Florida
80   Carrington II, Darren WR I 6'3 205 24 Utah
81   Smith, Rodney WR I 6'6 219 29 Florida State
82   Williams, Malcolm WR N 6'3 221 25 Langley Rams
84   Noel, Llevi WR N 6'2 210 27 WIndsor AKO (CJFL)
85   Holsey, Kamathi WR I 6'4 215 23 Buffalo
86   Watson, Cole WR I 6'0 185 25 Newberry
87   Walker, Derel WR I 6'2 188 27 Texas A&M
88   Ralph, Jimmy WR N 5'10 185 26 Alberta

22 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Toronto Argonauts

NO   NAME POS I/N HT WT AGE COLLEGE
00   Worthy, Chandler WR I 5'9 176 25 Troy
1   Coombs, Anthony WR N 5'9 199 26 Manitoba
10   Edwards, Armanti WR I 5'11 190 31 Appalachian State
11   Charette, Alex WR N 6'1 200 27 Guelph
13   Alford, Mario WR I 5'8 177 27 University of West Virginia
19   Green, S.J. WR I 6'2 216 33 South Florida
80   Carrington II, Darren WR I 6'3 205 24 Utah
81   Smith, Rodney WR I 6'6 219 29 Florida State
82   Williams, Malcolm WR N 6'3 221 25 Langley Rams
84   Noel, Llevi WR N 6'2 210 27 WIndsor AKO (CJFL)
85   Holsey, Kamathi WR I 6'4 215 23 Buffalo
86   Watson, Cole WR I 6'0 185 25 Newberry
87   Walker, Derel WR I 6'2 188 27 Texas A&M
88   Ralph, Jimmy WR N 5'10 185 26 Alberta

that's a walk on the wild side, always fun to explain the game's nuances to US fans sitting beside me

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

If you're in Toronto, Canada's Wonderland is a must do. They just opened a new coaster too. 

I don’t know of any amusement park with more different options enabling someone to ‘lose their lunch’.  I also remember when this was ‘out in the sticks’, incredible how Metro has grown.

Fun things to do in Toronto:

Check out the Denim Hall of Fame.  Everything in the place is made out of denim! 

Get talked down to for being an American.  Count the sneers, snide comments, and eye rolls from our friendly neighbors to the North!!

Talk to the bums on Yonge Street

Rent a duck boat and paddle around Gravy Lake.

Be amazed at the lack of concentrated nightlife.  Want to bar hop without taking four buses and a taxi?? Well, go f@#$ yourself!!

Try a peameal sandwich.  It truly makes you appreciate real American bacon.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I don’t know of any amusement park with more different options enabling someone to ‘lose their lunch’.  I also remember when this was ‘out in the sticks’, incredible how Metro has grown.

Its crazy how much its built up around the park. The funny thing is Kings Island is a sister park and its still out in the boonies

19 hours ago, millbank said:

The Cn Tower

Shopping along Queens Quay

A Ferry ride to Centre Island

Kensingston and St. Lawrence Markets

The Science Center 

Hockey Hall of Fame 

Great dining along the Dandforth. 

The Aquarium (awesome) 

We're in Toronto for about a day in September and we've booked CN Tower and the aquarium on a dual ticket. 

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its crazy how much its built up around the park. The funny thing is Kings Island is a sister park and its still out in the boonies

I disagree with this. I live in Cincinnati and while it USED to be out in the boonies when I moved here in 1995, it's now well entrenched with larger grown towns and subdivisions all around it with lots of activities, stores, etc. 

But to the original point of C-W being out in the middle of nowhere, that was true. I remember going back in the 80's and then driving right past it in 2011 on business. My what a change.

33 minutes ago, SDS said:

There's a cargo shorts/Nike air monarch convention at the Bass Pro Shop just out of town. Might be of interest to you.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Settle down there, salmon shirt  vineyard vines guy.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I disagree with this. I live in Cincinnati and while it USED to be out in the boonies when I moved here in 1995, it's now well entrenched with larger grown towns and subdivisions all around it with lots of activities, stores, etc. 

But to the original point of C-W being out in the middle of nowhere, that was true. I remember going back in the 80's and then driving right past it in 2011 on business. My what a change.

King's Island may have subdivisions and stores built up around it. I was there 2 years ago and there was still lots of forrest around the park unlike Canadas Wonderland. 

32 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

King's Island may have subdivisions and stores built up around it. I was there 2 years ago and there was still lots of forrest around the park unlike Canadas Wonderland. 

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

There was speculation a few years back about disassembling Canada’s Wonderland and moving it down towards the Kitchener-Waterloo area, since the Toronto land was supposed to be too valuable to tie up with a seasonal use amusement park.  After a short period of some buzz, it died down, and I haven’t heard any similar rumblings.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

On 5/5/2019 at 4:41 PM, Augie said:

It’s been a long time since I’ve visited. The last time was the week after a couple in the hotel attached to the dome apparently thought the windows looking into the stadium was one way glass. It was NOT. You may get my drift here, as they provided better entertainment than any baseball game. Just worth having that bit of knowledge in case you stay in a room with viewing access by tens of thousands of people! Oops! 

I was also shocked at how quickly the dome closed when it started raining a bit. I went for a walk to look around and missed it! 

Well with the Jays season this year you won't need to worry about being seen by that many people.......

Robbie Alomar used to live in one of those rooms when he was a Jay, also there was a famous incident where a couple were 'putting on a show for the crowd' during a game up there

Good thing about a Jays game, secondary market tickets are dirt cheap and they lowered the price of many of the regular ball park type foods (they have a menu of $5 or less foods and drinks) now. Bad thing is you have to watch them play this year which hasn't been fun........

The CN Tower and Hockey Hall of Fame are close by, along with a Ripley's Aquarium and Scotia Bank Arena (Leafs arena) that can have concerts going on. Depending on when your there, there's the Molson Stage at the old Ontario place that might have a big concert going on. There are a couple of breweries you can do some good tours of in that area too. You used to be able to go by Much Music and see them broadcasting inside, but now they are basically MTV and they only show MTV shows all day. There's a large theatre block with big theatre Broadway productions if your into that.

If your lucky you may be able to catch some fans still lined up waiting for the Leafs Cup parade to come by........ (They may allow the Raptors to borrow their parade plans this year though).

You could try and track down the new House Drake is building in the area.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:43 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

Blue Jays games are CHEAP in comparison to Phillies or Yankees games.

4 tickets for about 120 bucks, including one free beverage with each ticket, alcoholic or non-alcoholic.

That's going box office

Go secondary market and they are almost giving them away this year. 

Unless you want to sit near Geddy Lee or the Old Lady behind the plate, they aren't cheap......