Things to do/see in Toronto

It’s been a long time since I’ve visited. The last time was the week after a couple in the hotel attached to the dome apparently thought the windows looking into the stadium was one way glass. It was NOT. You may get my drift here, as they provided better entertainment than any baseball game. Just worth having that bit of knowledge in case you stay in a room with viewing access by tens of thousands of people! Oops! 

I was also shocked at how quickly the dome closed when it started raining a bit. I went for a walk to look around and missed it! 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s been a long time since I’ve visited. The last time was the week after a couple in the hotel attached to the dome apparently thought the windows looking into the stadium was one way glass. It was NOT. You may get my drift here, as they provided better entertainment than any baseball game. Just worth having that bit of knowledge in case you stay in a room with viewing access by tens of thousands of people! Oops! 

I was also shocked at how quickly the dome closed when it started raining a bit. I went for a walk to look around and missed it! 

Yes, I know the incident to which you refer. ?

Apparently, that horny couple was interested in something other than baseball!  (And, at that moment, also several thousand spectators!)

But, if you ARE interested in baseball, Skydome, er, uh, Rogers Stadium, and a Blue Jays game, is a great choice.  Kids love baseball. Stuff ‘em with hot dogs and ice cream.

Edited by The Senator

17 minutes ago, The Senator said:

But, if you ARE interested in baseball, Skydome, er, uh, Rogers Stadium, and a Blue Jays game, is a great choice.  Kids love baseball. Stuff ‘em with hot dogs and ice cream.

We almost went to game last week when we were there. Stayed downtown at the Intercontinental and saw there was a game Friday night. We could have easily got a pair of tickets for about $40/US. But neither of us is into baseball that much so we ended up going out to dinner at this Irish pub...

http://irishembassypub.com/

16 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

We almost went to game last week when we were there. Stayed downtown at the Intercontinental and saw there was a game Friday night. We could have easily got a pair of tickets for about $40/US. But neither of us is into baseball that much so we ended up going out to dinner at this Irish pub...

http://irishembassypub.com/

The Pub looks nice, and their website made me hungry!

At the Braves new stadium you can get General Admission tix for about $8, so we went just to see the new stadium, have a beer and hear a couple cracks of the bat. I’m with you on baseball, I’m good for about 3 innings. (Golf, btw, should be more like 12 holes, but I digress.) For $8 I go in and check it out, for $40 I go straight to the Pub. 

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

The Pub looks nice, and their website made me hungry!

At the Braves new stadium you can get General Admission tix for about $8, so we went just to see the new stadium, have a beer and hear a couple cracks of the bat. I’m with you on baseball, I’m good for about 3 innings. (Golf, btw, should be more like 12 holes, but I digress.) For $8 I go in and check it out, for $40 I go straight to the Pub. 

Yea, even with our minor league team (Syracuse Mets) I'm good for about 6-7 innings, then I'm itching to leave. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Humana hummana hummana! Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah! :lol:

17 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Yea, even with our minor league team (Syracuse Mets) I'm good for about 6-7 innings, then I'm itching to leave. 

It’s funny, but I think I actually prefer minor league games in person. More....intimate? (Yeah, don’t go there!) A baseball loving college buddy came from Cincinnati to head to a Braves game last summer. We went early for drinks and food around the stadium. Tons of entertainment surrounding the stadium, and we started throwing darts (an old college thing). Looked up and the game had started, Braves were down like 4-1 in a hurry. By the time we got the check, the score was worse and people were leaving the stadium and filing into the bars. We just opened a new tab! 

I promised him if he comes down again this year we will actually GO IN the stadium! I’ll suck it up for a while. It’s a pleasant setting....for a while. 

Edited by Augie

19 minutes ago, The Senator said:

plenzmd is still trying to find the best place to get a haircut.

A haircut with a happy ending? Those massage parlors have such a nasty stigma, and who knows what’s happening under that cape? 

The Cn Tower

Shopping along Queens Quay

A Ferry ride to Centre Island

Kensingston and St. Lawrence Markets

The Science Center 

Hockey Hall of Fame 

Great dining along the Dandforth. 

The Aquarium (awesome) 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

plenzmd is still trying to find the best place to get a haircut.

I’m sure this attitude would change drastically if I met him

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

cause you old and cranky like @Augie and @mead107, now, you may not be as hard on the eyes as those two old bastads, ...

NO STROMBOLI FOR YOU! 

Me? I got nothin’. 

But I know who comes off as the old and cranky one here. ?

4 hours ago, millbank said:

The Cn Tower

Shopping along Queens Quay

A Ferry ride to Centre Island

Kensingston and St. Lawrence Markets

The Science Center 

Hockey Hall of Fame 

Great dining along the Dandforth. 

The Aquarium (awesome) 

‘We bought an old house on the Danforth...’

Edited by The Senator
  • Thank you (+1) 1