Great interview and insights from Ed Reed.

6 hours ago, Believer said:

Re: “One last thing, everyone knows that whenever a new player comes in that there’s a “great debate” whether bleau cheese or ranch for the chicken wings. Everyone knows that the right answer is bleau cheese and the thought occurred to me that Blue Cheese would be kind of a cool nickname for the Bills or the secondary because nothing covers better.”

Great name!!... The secondary will have to earn it... Exciting times ahead...

You know that during a bad game, some stupid announcer will call them 'swiss cheese'.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

None of those guys are worth anything in a trade, besides Morse, Dawkins and Ford.

PS. I think it's "bleu" cheese...I'm not sure though, because I hate it! ?

Yeah, "bleu" is French for "blue."  It's awesome good.  Ranch is OK for a salad, but for wings or tenders, it's got to be bleu cheese.

7 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Painful to listen to with his cellphone connection unfortunately. Also threw rex's staff under the bus unprompted which was interesting. 

Yep that phone connection was terrible. Rex bringing in his brother was a disaster. 

Of our OL on the chopping block, I think Bodine could fetch a 5th rounder if somebody loses a Center, but he already may be released by then. I don't think anybody would take Ducasse for free.

IMO bringing in Reed was a good idea but then to waste his talent?  Rex made a big mistake there but I guess he did not care because salary was guaranteed. 

That is what happens when you guarantee salaries. Seen same thing in restaurants which went from tip to service charge; service by same people went down. Was out to dinner to place we went before and we ordered some appetizers while deciding what we wanted and service was so bad I cancelled rest of order and just paid bill then to let them know I was unhappy with service.  Manager actually came to speak to me and I told him I had been there many times and never seen service so bad.  He said they have had "issues with changing to service charge".  It was chain owner's idea to ensure staff got adequate tips but they should have just raised prices and left tip structure for without tips some did not want to make an effort.

11 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Painful to listen to with his cellphone connection unfortunately. Also threw rex's staff under the bus unprompted which was interesting. 

Yep. He had a lot of bad things to say about Rex and company. He said they never took his advice and ignored him when he said they should try to simplify the on-field communication (I remember everyone complaining about how complex and confusing the scheme was, and how poor the defense did with communicating on the field).

Rex brought him in as a figure head, it seems, and never intended to let him be a coach, just a guy the players could gawk at.

Bleu or nothing... just suffer...

Yeh, sorry Reed was a figure head... always thought he would make a good coach... wondered what happened especially since I remember the secondary singing his praises.  Wrecks was a disaster.

On 5/5/2019 at 11:08 AM, transient said:

Gotta be pretty frustrating to be brought in to help facilitate communication for a complicated, antiquated defensive system and then be ignored. He probably figured out pretty quickly that he was a recognizable name to appease fans by making it look like Wrex was trying fix a problem that I don’t think Wrex actually believed existed.

Glad he called out fat boy....Toe fetish was the biggest pompous clown to ever coach this team. No bus is too big.....

Please don't derail what could be a decent thread with the bleu cheese talk. This interview is the strongest indictment of the inner workings of the Rex era at OBD I've heard. Ed Reed absolutely DESTROYS the staff he was on. A Hall of Famer to saying that the team was good, but didn't have a good enough coaching staff to win is simply awful.  Criticism starts at 8:13. Murphy, showing what a terrible "reporter" he is, gets audibly flustered and moves the conversation along. He's awful at his job.

Edited by ndirish1978