Devin Singletary excited to feel wanted by Bills.

PIZ

On 5/5/2019 at 8:39 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Shady’s first practice with Singletary: “Son listen - no more of this ‘both-hands’ stuff. Let’s get a loaf of bread to demonstrate. ..”

I love it - I can't even complain when he does it.  He's like never fumbled handling the ball like that.

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

I love it - I can't even complain when he does it.  He's like never fumbled handling the ball like that.

I love it because it usually means he's found some space to operate in..... and you're right, I cant think of him ever fumbling while doing it but it took me a good season or more to not clench up my whole body every time he did it!

After watching video of this kids highlights I think it's time for me to officially give him a TBD nickname.

We know that Shady is Shady and noone will ever play like him but this kid...

SHIFTY

We' ll see if it sticks and he earns it.

2 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

After watching video of this kids highlights I think it's time for me to officially give him a TBD nickname.

SHIFTY

Great user name.. 

he will earn whatever name reality serves 

2 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

SHIFTY

His nickname is literally Motor

That's an awesome nickname

56 minutes ago, eball said:

I really like the phrase, "can make a guy miss in a phone booth."

It's perfectly descriptive.

Isn't it outdated because there aren't many/any? phone booths any longer?

I honestly wasn’t too keen on Devin when we picked him but I’ve been checking out his college game play tapes and I’m actually pretty impressed.....the kid has moves and great vision.

Im fairly excited about watching this kid play

My first memories of being fan would be the 1980 season.  Joe Cribbs was my guy.  When he went to the USFL I still followed him and he was still my favorite football player.  Even when he went to the 49ers, he was still my favorite player and I rooted for the niners as my 2nd fav team.  

Enter Thurman Thomas.  While

he wasn’t the most important piece of that offense, I sure as hell thought he was.  I loved him and Andre but, Thurman was my guy. Until he went to the fins.  

The Darrick Holmes/Antoine Smith/Jonathan Linton/Shawn Bryson year’s we’re tough, then came Travis Henry. Just loved that stiff armed bowling ball.  Moulds was my favorite player previously, but Henry took the reigns. While he wasn’t an elite back, he was running wild every year with a fun running style.  

Then came McGahee.  Prior to his injury in his final college game, I thought he would be the #1 pick and was the best player in the nation.  His combination of burst and power was so much fun to watch.  Similar to Adrian Peterson imo.  I was praying we’d draft him with that pick we got for Peerless Price, and we did. He was my favorite player, even though he was a schmuck. He never returned to that college form and he wasn’t worth resigning.  

Along cane Marshawn Lynch AND Fred Jackson.  My favorite backfield to date.  Loved both of those cats.  Couldn’t believe when we drafted spiller as both guys were clearly superior.  Trading lynch broke my heart, but he went to the NFC so I rooted for the Seahawks as my 2nd team.  Running back, still, my favorite(s) player in the league.

Fred goes and in comes shady. What

can you say about shady as a bill?  Other than maybe paying his boy to beatdown baby’s momma, he’s been the ultimate teammate.  Never says anything bad and represents the team better than I thought he would’ve.  

Shadys contract being up after the season,  I figured we’d be drafting a RB  this year.  But I really didn’t like the rb class.  I loved Jacobs but the value wasn’t there at 9.  Then I was torn between Miles Sanders, Darrel Henderson and Devin Singletary.  Sanders seemed to be the best and prototypical everything.  Henderson had the speed.  Singletary had the elusiveness. Like Beane, I thought Singletary was the most fun to watch. Reminded me of shady, with a little less top end juice.....but oh so fun to watch.  While the torch hasn’t been handed to him yet, I feel it inevitable.  He’s not going to be Spiller.  He may not have the burner, but he  has instinct and feel, which is much more important.  5’7 209.  Has a similar body to Henry, but plays differently.  I love the compact build mixed with his balance and agility.  

Over the years, we’ve been dealt with a lot of heartbreak and frustration.  No luck at the QB position minus JK.  While it’s been tough, I’ve always had a glimpse of happiness knowing that we have a good RB and I guy I can really get behind. Singletary may not be the best Rb in the league, but he’s going to be my favorite.  Class act that’s exciting to watch.  Can’t wait

17 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I agree with you about the height phobia.  Think about M.Jones-Drew, Ray Rice, or Warrick Dunn. Joe Cribbs was fairly short.  Emit Smith and Walter Payton didn't have great size either.  None of these guys were giants but were very good.  I'd take a repeat of MJD's career for the Bills in a heart beat. 

Thurm and Barry too. 

4 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

SHIFTY

Not bad, Beef...I think I’m gonna go with “Squirts”... for the way he squirts through the hole. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

SHIFTY

Noone will never play like him? You mean this guy:

peternoone.jpg

• Like (+1) 1