Devin Singletary excited to feel wanted by Bills.

PIZ

49 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

We have the oldest running back group in the league by a long way. Of course we needed to draft a running back. 

Well said.  Shady’s gone after this year, and Gore will probably retire.  Makes perfect sense.  Next year we’ll be targeting edge rushers.

52 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Love me some Singletary, elusive, amazing vision and a Travis Henry type of burst. 

Travis Henry is my player comp to Singletary because just because players just seem to slide off of him just like back in the day with Travis

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

McD loves the high motor, intense competitor guys.  I've started wondering whether there's too much focus on that type of player.  Maybe you can't have too many of them.

They got Murphy based on his motor. Maybe he will still work out.  I just give as an example.

It seems to me they got Trent for his nine sacks in 2016. 

8 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Travis Henry is my player comp to Singletary because just because players just seem to slide off of him just like back in the day with Travis

Unfortunately trouble seemed to stick to Trav.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

McD loves the high motor, intense competitor guys.  I've started wondering whether there's too much focus on that type of player.  Maybe you can't have too many of them.

They got Murphy based on his motor. Maybe he will still work out.  I just give as an example.

If you think you can discipline those types of players so they don't get a ton of penalties...there can never be too many

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

This was a bad pick that the Bills did not have a need for to begin with.  

do you even know what you're talking about, or do you just throw stuff out there to see if it'll stick?

I believe you have no idea what you're talking about there niagara, dude.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

They are both black? Is that what you are saying?

No, apparently they are both funny and about the same size....

Edited by HOUSE

3 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Yes.  I think I speak for all Bills fans when I say that the "Geriatric Plan," was going to be great.  There was absolutely ZERO NEED to get younger at a meaningless position like Running Back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It's good to hear so many Bills draftees excited to be picked by the Bills. 

What did you expect the draftees to say? That they were not happy to be drafted by the Bills? Did you expect Singletary to say that as a life long Floridian he shuddered at the thought of freezing his thin skin arse off in the land of tundra? 

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Travis should have learned to unstick himself a tad earlier with all those baby mommas.

Travis probably has to pay child support to trouble along with all those women for as much as he's been in it. 

He plays much bigger than 5'7", that's for sure.  He's 203 pounds, that's pretty built for a guy 5'7".  His quickness and ability to run through tackles is a lethal combination, hence his success in college.  Those are translatable attributes into the NFL that mean something for a running back.  A 40 time isn't as translatable.  How many times a game do running backs sprint in a straight line? 

His cuts/jukes were decisive and explosive and just made tacklers look silly, just like we see with Shady.  I think Beane took this year's Harrison Phillips to learn from a great veteran that's already on the team.  What better guys to learn from than two of the best long lasting running backs in this league?  I like Devin's chances to be a big impact player by the later half of the season.  Who knows, injuries happen and we do have two old backs.  He could be the starter by then...If Oliver, Ford and Singletary can be impact players this year, then Beane did his job. This is assuming Mccoy and Gore both make the team, which I think they will. 

Can't wait to see this kid in camp.  I liked Montgomery too but this kid looks like a better fit with Mccoy on the roster.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yes.  I think I speak for all Bills fans when I say that the "Geriatric Plan," was going to be great.  There was absolutely ZERO NEED to get younger at a meaningless position like Running Back.

Sarcasm noted. 

Better a year early than a year late.

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What did you expect the draftees to say? That they were not happy to be drafted by the Bills? Did you expect Singletary to say that as a life long Floridian he shuddered at the thought of freezing his thin skin arse off in the land of tundra?

I'd expect them to say nothing if they weren't happy or at least give the pat "I'm just glad to be drafted..." answer.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think mccoy pulled a hammy just reading your post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

Ugh.  Never heard the original version until just now.  The "at Budokan" version is far superior.  No wonder the song never went anywhere until then.

3 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

It may be a bad pick. But if it is, it won't be because they didn't need him.

If he's good, they'll find a way to use him. Rookie contracts are four years long and the guy drafted in Singletary's spot last year earned $936K per year for his four year contract. A good RB at that salary would be very useful for this team.

Probably by next year, Gore and Shady will be gone. A good RB at that salary would be very useful for this team, particularly looking into the future.

It'll only be a bad pick if he doesn't become a good player. Which is true of all draft picks, really.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2