About Gronk joke talking about unretiring...

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tbh I don’t care. He isn’t integral to their success, anymore. 

....$53.379 million in career earnings and says he has not touched a dime of it......why come back with decline fairly evident last year?.....

19 hours ago, KollegeStudnet said:

I agree. My thought is if he does unretire and becomes a FA, will this spark other players to retire so they can bypass and play for whoever they wish. I’ve read in some contracts that they can not do this. Not sure about Gronks. 

When a player retires the contract they are playing under “tolls” (i.e. goes on hold).  If they come back, then it is under that contract’s terms.  Gronk has one year left on his contract with the Patriots so he’d play for them under that unless they released him or renegotiated it. 

22 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He was a shadow of himself last year except as a blocker.  I hope for his own sake he's joking around.

missed the playoffs and Super Bowl, did you?

and if your answer is "well that's all he really did all season"....  i think that proves the point?

Edited by row_33

17 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

We Pats fans are expecting him to come back around Thanksgiving. I believe he'll only play for NE. BB was entertaining trading him to Detroit at one point, but Gronk made it clear that he'd retire rather than play for any other team. Once a player retires, they remain the "property" of that team for the duration of the contract. 

BTW, Gronk has yet to cash a single game check from NE. $$ isn't what drives him. It's winning. The "shell" of Gronk is still a top 5 TE in the NFL. Just as a "declining" TB12 is still a top 5 QB. At least for 2-3 more years. 

Gronk has not cashed a single game check yet. I'm not making this up. He's got millions to spare.

That's only because Gronk written in crayon on the back of a check is not an accepted signature.

• Haha (+1) 4

17 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

BTW, Gronk has yet to cash a single game check from NE. $$ isn't what drives him. It's winning. The "shell" of Gronk is still a top 5 TE in the NFL. Just as a "declining" TB12 is still a top 5 QB. At least for 2-3 more years. 

Gronk has not cashed a single game check yet. I'm not making this up. He's got millions to spare.

Should we be impressed by your keen insights on Gronk's finances?  Perhaps he owns the bank.  Who cares!

Just now, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Should we be impressed by your keen insights on Gronk's finances?  Perhaps he owns the bank.  Who cares!

It's not insight. It's common knowledge and often spoken of. If you read the original post that I responded to, you would know why I mentioned it at all.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Ha ha! Still, we should all be as lunk-headed as Gronk..

THIS is why Gronk needs to have his head cudgeled.  His natural skills are offset by his thugishness.  F him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

THIS is why Gronk needs to have his head cudgeled.  His natural skills are offset by his thugishness.  F him.

He committed one dirty play during his entire career, yet was the victim of dirty hits every game. That one play, because it happened to one of your players, defines Gronk to your fanbase. I'm not going to argue that. However, Gronk is honest, genuine, and has never had any issues off the field. You guys would take him in an instant.

3 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

He committed one dirty play during his entire career, yet was the victim of dirty hits every game. That one play, because it happened to one of your players, defines Gronk to your fanbase. I'm not going to argue that. However, Gronk is honest, genuine, and has never had any issues off the field. You guys would take him in an instant.

He should've been arrested for assault and kicked out of the league. There's no room for that behavior in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

That was the most disgusting act I've personally ever seen on a football field. It may have been one, but it was enough. I'm glad Preston Brown is elsewhere because there is no excuse to sit idly by while Gronk potentially ends your star corner's career. Something tells me Ed Oliver and Vosean Joseph aren't "nice" people in those situations.

Of course we'd have taken his previous talent. What's your point?

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That was the most disgusting act I've personally ever seen on a football field. It may have been one, but it was enough. I'm glad Preston Brown is elsewhere because there is no excuse to sit idly by while Gronk potentially ends your star corner's career. Something tells me Ed Oliver and Vosean Joseph aren't "nice" people in those situations.

Of course we'd have taken his previous talent. What's your point?

Too bad Shaq was injured and Jerry was the sidelines, because you know they wouldn’t have let that fly. You had Preston and Pitts standing there pointing instead of doing anything.

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, ricko1112 said:

No we wouldn't.  We maybe losers but we like to lose with class & a little bit of dignity.  

6 minutes ago, Gordio said:

No we wouldn't.  We maybe losers but we like to lose with class & a little bit of dignity.  

Yeh we need to get off some high horses... I remember Jim Haslet stepping on Bradshaw's head in a playoff game.  Cost Bills the game

On 5/6/2019 at 3:40 PM, Gordio said:

Your best player murdered his ex-wife and her new boyfriend...