Favorite TV Show & Movie Theme Music?

The other day I flipped over to Barney Miller and my 13 year old looked up from his video game long enough to tell me the theme song was really cool, so for TV I'l go with that.

The Bond theme song is perfection.

And for hybrid TV/Movie I'll go with J@ckass....only because I just recently came across the original recording and had to google to figure out where I'd heard it before.

• Haha (+1) 1

I still get nerdgasms when I hear the theme songs for Star Trek The Next Generation and Star Trek Deep Space Nine

The score of the Lord of the Rings trilogy really sets the mood and the tone

Not an official theme song, but Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon really does work quite well for Wizard of Oz

• Like (+1) 1

TV: Family Guy

Film: Most any score by John Williams - there are so many, but Schindler’s List was my favorite -particularly the haunting violin solo by Itzhak Perlman;  also most any score by Randy Newman, but really liked Avalon and Awakenings.

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I still get nerdgasms when I hear the theme songs for Star Trek The Next Generation and Star Trek Deep Space Nine

The score of the Lord of the Rings trilogy really sets the mood and the tone

Not an official theme song, but Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon really does work quite well for Wizard of Oz

With ya on the Trek themes—Voyager too. 

In other news, I feel like the NFL theme music also used to be better back in the 90’s matching our glory years—check out the below—sends chills down my spine to this day! :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

In other news, I feel like the NFL theme music also used to be better back in the 90’s matching our glory years—check out the below—sends chills down my spine to this day! :thumbsup:

The SEC on CBS music is pretty awesome too. 

I'm a B1G Conference kinda guy but that music gets me pumped up for a matchup of teams I don't really care about or another Alabama blowout of Duke or Vanderbilt

Goddammit, after watching that I'm ready for some college football!!!  Aaaaagh, 4 more months :wallbash:

Edited by /dev/null
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

The SEC on CBS music is pretty awesome too. 

I'm a B1G Conference kinda guy but that music gets me pumped up for a matchup of teams I don't really care about or another Alabama blowout of Duke or Vanderbilt

Solid! 

Also would be remiss of me not to point out how good MNF intro used to be too:

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yeah besides the Bills being real strong back in the 90's, I tended to just like sports better then.  Maybe I understand the business side to it as I got older?  

I was a big basketball fan back in the 90's.  Today I haven't watched a second of the NBA playoffs this year but this is of a similar vein to what you posted:

• Thank you (+1) 1