What is everyone paying for a haircut these days?

SDS

22 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

A visit to the salon is $130 + tip for me. I tip both my stylist and his assistant, so that brings it to over $170 for me.  He just went on vacation, so I am sure his prices will go up next visit.  I go every three weeks. 

21 hours ago, Augie said:

My wife is getting her hair done now. I know it’s crazy expensive, but if you look at as a hourly cost it’s not as bad. She’ll be there all afternoon. She tries to go every five weeks. 

Yeah, like anyone on this board is going to tell their wife that they spend too much money on their hair stylist. :doh:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Yeah, like anyone on this board is going to tell their wife that they spend too much money on their hair stylist. :doh:

My husband says, "I don't want to know."

He's a smart man. ? 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

My husband says, "I don't want to know."

He's a smart man. ? 

I don’t care and I don’t even want to know. I text her before she gets home and tell her how awesome it looks! (It really does! But I’d have done that before she found her current place when it may have been...slightly less awesome.) 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I think we're all in the same boat there.  They just opened another 'blow dry bar' here in town.  :rolleyes:

A local woman here just opened a “gentlemen’s salon” near my home.  They specialize in men’s haircuts, old school shaves, and beard trimmings.  They also have an extra deal where you get a shoulder and neck massage.  Sounds like an interesting place.  The owner is a former bartender at night/hairdresser at day.  Complete smoke show.

The only weird thing about the place is that the 3 girls who work there (all young attractive women) wear very scantily clad uniforms.  I’m talking cleavage popping out the top of their low-cut v neck shirts and yoga pants.  Of course my wife has already warned me to stick with Sport Clips.  If I went to the new gentlemen’s salon, I would probably be sleeping in the guest bedroom for a week.  Might be worth it though?  ??

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

A local woman here just opened a “gentlemen’s salon” near my home.  They specialize in men’s haircuts, old school shaves, and beard trimmings.  They also have an extra deal where you get a shoulder and neck massage.  Sounds like an interesting place.  The owner is a former bartender at night/hairdresser at day.  Complete smoke show.

The only weird thing about the place is that the 3 girls who work there (all young attractive women) wear very scantily clad uniforms.  I’m talking cleavage popping out the top of their low-cut v neck shirts and yoga pants.  Of course my wife has already warned me to stick with Sport Clips.  If I went to the new gentlemen’s salon, I would probably be sleeping in the guest bedroom for a week.  Might be worth it though?  ??

Cleavage is like a wallet vacuum.  Some guys see a bit of boob and they start spending like there is no reason to stop.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Cleavage is like a wallet vacuum.  Some guys see a bit of boob and they start spending like there is no reason to stop.  

And??   

Boobs are a natural wealth redistribution mechanism.  Works better than any government program ever could.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

$25+tip.

I actually know a place that's $15, which has got to be the cheapest cut in DC.

9 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I tell my wife not to try to save money on her hair and nails.  Because I know she enjoys it, and I know I'll hear about it for the rest of my life if she skimps on it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

$25+tip.

I actually know a place that's $15, which has got to be the cheapest cut in DC.

I tell my wife not to try to save money on her hair and nails.  Because I know she enjoys it, and I know I'll hear about it for the rest of my life if she skimps on it.

Take this and pipe it...most stylists rent chairs...good places take 60 % of their income.

Tip well .

On 5/4/2019 at 1:28 PM, stevestojan said:

I went to Super Cuts, Hair Cuttery, etc for YEARS. $18 for a cut and wash, plus $5-6 tip. Great deal except for the fact that you’re spinning a roulette wheel of “decent haircut” and “dumb and dumber” because they have what seems to be 4000% turnover. I found a place here where I just

moved (yes. I moved again, now I’m in Hoboken) that was $35 for just a haircut. 

I know again understand that you get what you pay for. $45 after tip but a hell of a haircut. 

Took my kid to Super Cuts once. I am 99.99% sure the woman who cut it was stoned. Hairxut turned out bad so I  bought a kit and learned myself. I have been cutting my boys' hair for years...

18 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Johnny - Sports Clips is the dimwitted younger brother of Supercuts, you need to do better....That wife is not the boss of you, you are a MAN, dammit!

Its time you man up and march into that Cut n' Tug and order the full menu.  I am talking cut, shave, reacharound, waxed eyebrows, even a Tennesssee Muzzleloader (if you are into that).  And when you get home, tell that wife of yours how it is.....

Then you are welcome to crash at my house until you are back on your feet.  But don't tell my wife you went to that place, she'd never let you in the house. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/4/2019 at 11:59 AM, SDS said:

I’m at $35 with tip. ?

Let your hair grow till the opener.  

We can raffle off having someone cut your hair at the opener.  

Money could be donated to your favorite charity. 

$5 ticket. 

On 5/4/2019 at 7:25 PM, The Senator said:

When I lived in DC, the gorgeous Israeli girl that cut my hair would serve you a glass of wine, and make sure to shove her breasts in your face!

As the scene of the girl washing the car from "Cool Hand Luke" flashes before me.?

Edited by Greybeard
  • Like (+1) 1