What is everyone paying for a haircut these days?

SDS

Free.  Wahl’s clipper, no shoe attachment, and set as low as it can go.  Been like this since the late 80s, none of my coworkers ever took me up on my offer of ‘free haircuts’.

And it does look better than the one Mark Davis gets!

18 minutes ago, mead107 said:

15 with a $2 tip 

old age discount. Otherwise 15 and tip. 

A female barber 

That’s like 37 meadcents?

I went to Super Cuts, Hair Cuttery, etc for YEARS. $18 for a cut and wash, plus $5-6 tip. Great deal except for the fact that you’re spinning a roulette wheel of “decent haircut” and “dumb and dumber” because they have what seems to be 4000% turnover. I found a place here where I just

moved (yes. I moved again, now I’m in Hoboken) that was $35 for just a haircut. 

I know again understand that you get what you pay for. $45 after tip but a hell of a haircut. 

A visit to the salon is $130 + tip for me. I tip both my stylist and his assistant, so that brings it to over $170 for me.  He just went on vacation, so I am sure his prices will go up next visit.  I go every three weeks. 

Note: I never "just" get a haircut. I wouldn't know how much that is broken out.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

A visit to the salon is $130 + tip for me. I tip both my stylist and his assistant, so that brings it to over $170 for me.  He just went on vacation, so I am sure his prices will go up next visit.  I go every three weeks. 

Note: I never "just" get a haircut. I wouldn't know how much that is broken out.

My wife is getting her hair done now. I know it’s crazy expensive, but if you look at as a hourly cost it’s not as bad. She’ll be there all afternoon. She tries to go every five weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 base, 4-5 buck tip, all in all still feel like that’s too much $$. :(

Of course, relative to my dear wifey, that’s bargain basement—I prefer not to think about how much hers cost :D

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12