Team QB Situations according to Yardbarker

I know you homers can't admit it, but this article is dead on accurate. The only team in the NFL with a worse QB scenario than the Bills is the Giants. My greatest fear is that it will take OBD far too long to realize this like the Dolphins did with Tannehill or the Bucs with Winston. We'll remain an afterthought until a new HC comes in and says he wants a new QB. We'll also be crying over the fact that we could have had Mahomes, but Whaley (and his scouts) blew it.

My goodness how butthurt everyone is over this!

Edited by GreggTX

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Agree with this except a ranking of 31st is not reasonable.  A proper ranking might not be where we would like it to be (yet), but it’s better than that.

Oh, sure, sure.  Over all it's not credible.  I was just addressing the Dolphins higher than Bills thing.

4 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

So why is Darnold and Rosen higher?  Also why do they keep beating the drum that Mayfield is the second coming of Brady?  It's easy journalism to find the big market and give them some hope.

Darnold deserves to be higher. Rosen might turn out better too. Also, he never said Mayfield is the 2nd coming of Brady. You just made that up.

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

95% of the football world thinks Josh Allen sucks.  95% of the football world only watched Josh Allen play once last year. If that.

We watch this team, they don't.

We know the kind of QB we saw in Allen the first game, and the kind of QB we had in the final game that stepped on Miami's throat and did not let up.

There are more reputable places that do deeper dives, and it "ain't" that hard to tell them apart.

Sure Allen has work to put in, but we have already seen that his game is trending in the right direction.

Gotta win games now to shut'em up, but I don't want them fawning all over us either when we turn the corner. I am not conditioned to handle that.

Edited by WideNine

18 hours ago, Bongo said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ranking-qb-situations-following-the-nfl-draft/ss-AAAOhZo?li=BBnba9I&ocid=ientp#image=31

Boy, if this doesn't give Josh some motivation. And Rosen two spots higher. Wow. Thanks for the chip on his shoulder...…….

They forgot to factor in the yards rushing he had running for his life!!!!

21 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

We do this every off-season....

PSA: Most of the media is reactionary. You get good reviews once you start winning.

Then why did he not react to Rosen playing like crap and being discarded by team which drafted him?

"reactionary" is wrong term - it implies some sort of action and this is just shoveling out to get page views.

22 hours ago, Bongo said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ranking-qb-situations-following-the-nfl-draft/ss-AAAOhZo?li=BBnba9I&ocid=ientp#image=31

Boy, if this doesn't give Josh some motivation. And Rosen two spots higher. Wow. Thanks for the chip on his shoulder...…….

It's not that Rosen is two spots higher. It's that Rosen and the Amish Rifle and Jake Rudock, who I've never heard of till just this instant, are two spots higher than Josh, Matt Barkley and Derek Anderson all put together.

Which seems reasonable to me. Fitz is probably one of the two or three best backups in football. Anderson and Barkley not so much.

Maybe if he hears about it it might give Josh some motivation. I can't imagine it, myself. He knows the situation. He's got a ton to prove. As do all the young guys from last year and this year, particularly Rosen. I'd imagine Josh is already just about as motivated as he's likely to get.

14 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Darnold deserves to be higher. Rosen might turn out better too. Also, he never said Mayfield is the 2nd coming of Brady. You just made that up.

Seriously everything has been how Mayfield and the Browns are going to go for a Super Bowl run.  As far as I'm concerned The Jets and Browns weren't much better than the Bills last year and the QB situation is similar.  As far as Brady is concerned yes I made up the fact about Brady himself but they act like he is the best player in the league when they talk about him.  Half a year doesn't prove that.

19 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

So why is Darnold and Rosen higher?  Also why do they keep beating the drum that Mayfield is the second coming of Brady?  It's easy journalism to find the big market and give them some hope.

'Cause Mayfield has been terrific, though the Brady comparison is your own.

And because they're comparing Darnold + McCown to Rosen + Fitz. Both of those look better to me than Allen + Barkley + Anderson.

And probably there's a smidge of it being pretty legit to think that while Allen's running ability absolutely destroys Rosen's or Darnold's that both of those to could be said to have shown more throwing the ball. And that in the long run passing ability trumps running ability at QB. Disagree? Fair enough, but I think it's a pretty reasonable opinion at this point. 

As for slanting it towards big markets, please. Kansas City is around the 30th biggest market and yet they're ranked number one. And if they cared what New York thought in that way, they wouldn't have ranked them 29th. That's hardly blowing wind up their skirts.

It's tough to know how to view this.  Is this a short term view (2019 only?) or a longer term view?  The Bills have their most stable situation in decades, no training camp competition, no holdovers from previous management, no lame duck starter waiting to be pulled from the lineup.  The source of the this content is hung up on comp% and it pretty much begins and ends there.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

22 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

We do this every off-season....

PSA: Most of the media is reactionary. You get good reviews once you start winning.

Is that like the level of Darnold and the Jets at 20 winning or Arizona and Murray at 27 winning? Trying to see where the bar needs to be set in order for Allen and the Bills to be ranked ahead of more than just the Giants, the corpse of Eli Manning, and draft bust in waiting Daniel Jones... the reason not to get upset about it is it’s a trash article written by a moron tasked with captioning a slideshow. 

14 hours ago, GreggTX said:

16 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Seriously everything has been how Mayfield and the Browns are going to go for a Super Bowl run.  As far as I'm concerned The Jets and Browns weren't much better than the Bills last year and the QB situation is similar.  As far as Brady is concerned yes I made up the fact about Brady himself but they act like he is the best player in the league when they talk about him.  Half a year doesn't prove that.

You're making up "best player in the league" too. Why don't you settle for what they're really saying about Mayfield ... that he doesn't look like a rookie while the other three do, and that being that good in his first year is really really promising. That he looks much more at home behind center than any of the other rookie QBs. That so far he looks like he's going to be the kind of QB who can take a team to Super Bowls, though it's still early.

Me, I agree with what I mostly read about Mayfield.

A lot of the Browns Super Bowl talk is about the whole team, though. They've got a terrific lineup in terms of talent, one of the absolute best in the AFC.

Man, it drives me nuts how sometimes the "EDIT" feature disappears on me and I can't edit some posts. Above I mistyped "29th" rather than "20th" for the Jets and I can't correct it. Oh, well.

Edited by Thurman#1

36 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

You're making up "best player in the league" too. Why don't you settle for what they're really saying about Mayfield ... that he doesn't look like a rookie while the other three do, and that being that good in his first year is really really promising. That he looks much more at home behind center than any of the other rookie QBs. That so far he looks like he's going to be the kind of QB who can take a team to Super Bowls, though it's still early.

Me, I agree with what I mostly read about Mayfield.

A lot of the Browns Super Bowl talk is about the whole team, though. They've got a terrific lineup in terms of talent, one of the absolute best in the AFC.

Man, it drives me nuts how sometimes the "EDIT" feature disappears on me and I can't edit some posts. Above I mistyped "29th" rather than "20th" for the Jets and I can't correct it. Oh, well.

Ok I will restate because I think people don't want my overdramatazation.  Mayfield is a good player but I don't see much more promise than Allen or Darnold.  Cleveland is being hyped up and for the most part it is because they think they have a great QB.  The defense hasn't changed and neither has much of the offense aside from a very good Odell.  The bar is very low in Cleveland because of back to back horrid seasons.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/3/2019 at 11:54 PM, dma0034 said:

Oh.... the Completion Percentage argument only tells me he didn't watch any games.

Absolutely. He had some bad picks, a few floaters. But anyone who watched the post injury Allen and isn't optimistic just doesn't know a quality qb with incredible upside when they see one.