Team QB Situations according to Yardbarker

To this and the other threads on the Buffalo disrespect.......I do not care one bit as it has no impact on the 2019 win total and outcomes.  Poor attempt to be relevant, will never read or click even if they are saying good things.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

We do this every off-season....

PSA: Most of the media is reactionary. You get good reviews once you start winning.

So why is Darnold and Rosen higher?  Also why do they keep beating the drum that Mayfield is the second coming of Brady?  It's easy journalism to find the big market and give them some hope.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Not long ago actually.

That's a fair point. I guess I should have specified I can't remember the last time that we were seen as better than 3rd in our division at best by the majority of pundits.

How can you even take that list seriously?

Goff at #5 over Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ryan, and Big Ben

Trubisky at #13

Prescott at #17

Jameis Winston at #21 (above Allen, Carr, Flacco, Garappolo...does he really think Arians can make Winston into something he isn't?)

Jackson and Rosen ahead of Allen

I know he's looking at the entire QB room, but is Jackson/RG III better than Allen/Barkley/Anderson/Tyree? Does having Blaine Gabbert as a backup really propel Winston over the guys I mentioned above? Does having Blake Bortles as a backup really put Goff ahead of Brady and Brees? This list is a joke.

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Barkley has a career 66 qb rating.  We literally saw the best game of his career.  He’s a low end backup. 

And the best thing about this is Allen has complete control of this situation.  It’s the best thing about sports.  Don’t cry because someone say said. Prove them wrong.  

I'm crying, Right? I can careless to read crap from media that has absolutely no clue wtf they are talking about. They did get the clickbait they wanted as it was posted here so they won either way. 

I assume the following teams from the 30 are ahead of us?

Az, Denver, Balt, Miami, Cincy, and Tampa?  The list is a complete joke.

You get real butthurt about BU QB's I've seen? At least consider Tyree Jackson whom was not even mentioned. 

How do people get paid actual $$$ to pump out uninformed, ignorant garbage like this?  It has simply polluted the internet, everywhere you look, not just football, so called “journalists” giving their broad strokes opinions like they are gospel without doing the actually dirty work like, ya know, bothering with explicit details, for example-watching actual games and noticing how much Allen’s play improved towards the end of the season, factoring in drops %, or the vastly improved OL going in to 2019.  Everybody just wants to put out content, nobody seems to give a flying 747 about the actual quality of said content.  If anything, more writers just seem to want to stir the pot and generate reactions/clicks/likes rather than providing serviceable information or presenting well informed opinions.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

Goff, Wentz and Wilson are ahead on Tom Brady on this list. Way to put a chip on his shoulder.

Whoever made the list apparently didn't see this thread:

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's the QB situation in totality, not just Rosen vs Allen.

If you're looking at the backup QB, how would you rank Fitzpatrick vs Anderson + Barkley?

The week 17 game was great, but I've watched a final game of the Bills season before and gotten all filled with hope for the future.

I agree that Allen is a better athlete and further along than I thought, with a chance to be a star, and I hope we've given him enough WR and OL that this season he SHINES

Agree with this except a ranking of 31st is not reasonable.  A proper ranking might not be where we would like it to be (yet), but it’s better than that.

Pump the brakes on the week 17 game.  The Dolphins were 7-8, playing away in the snow and their coach was goes away from being fired.  Any NFL team that is trying should be able to beat up like that on a team that isn’t. 

Agree on Allen.  Time for him to step up and show us what he has.  The offensive players around him are certainly good enough for him to succeed.  Let’s see some development.

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

95% of the football world thinks Josh Allen sucks.  95% of the football world only watched Josh Allen play once last year. If that.

...thus, "under the radar" is perfect......who really cares about the national urinalists' proclamations at this point?....if it sticks, then throw it....want to measure validity?...if, IF Bflo outperforms the prognostications ( may or may not take another year to gel), see who has the bawls to come back with "mea culpas" versus hiding under the safe confines of their desks, saying nothing....

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

We do this every off-season....

PSA: Most of the media is reactionary. You get good reviews once you start winning.

Much like the Jests. They started winning last year and boom....great press. Oh wait.... dang nevermind.

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

How do people get paid actual $$$ to pump out uninformed, ignorant garbage like this?  It has simply polluted the internet, everywhere you look, not just football, so called “journalists” giving their broad strokes opinions like they are gospel without doing the actually dirty work like, ya know, bothering with explicit details, for example-watching actual games and noticing how much Allen’s play improved towards the end of the season, factoring in drops %, or the vastly improved OL going in to 2019.  Everybody just wants to put out content, nobody seems to give a flying 747 about the actual quality of said content.  If anything, more writers just seem to want to stir the pot and generate reactions/clicks/likes rather than providing serviceable information or presenting well informed opinions.

Step 1: Figure out what will piss off most fans

Step 2: wait for a fan to read it

Step 3: wait for said fan to post it on a forum for clicks and discussion

Step 4: profit

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Lol. 

I have stood against Josh Rosen since last draft season. I don’t care for him for a plethora of reasons but the main one is I just don’t have a good feeling about him. My feelings usually do well for me, so I trust it.

That being said, I am expecting him to flame hard in Miami. I could definitely be wrong, but I am looking forward to seeing what happens. Also, any objective football fan who sees the jets doing anything but imploding with Darnold being “meh” probably aren’t being real about the situation.

I don’t understand the logic that Gase in New York > Gase in Miami.  

2 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

So why is Darnold and Rosen higher?  Also why do they keep beating the drum that Mayfield is the second coming of Brady?  It's easy journalism to find the big market and give them some hope.

Name recognition, dude. Rose just traded... He's a story. And you nailed it: market.

Mayfield was very good last year. Browns started winning after Hugh was fired.