Kentucky Derby Predictions?

What if the horse didn't like what he saw ahead of him and just moved to a place that looked friendlier to run? Jockey can't control everything... especially an animal that does what it wants for self preservation on a ***** mud track.

23 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Hate to see the refs determine the outcome, but it was a foul and quite possibly impacted Country House.

It’s always been a phrase that rubbed me funny even when I’ve used it... isn’t a ref deciding not to enforce the rules injecting himself into the outcome of the game just as much

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

It’s always been a phrase that rubbed me funny even when I’ve used it... isn’t a ref deciding not to enforce the rules injecting himself into the outcome of the game just as much

I suppose so if it's the "ignoring endless series of cheap shots by Brad Marchand" variety, but I'm generally a fan of fewer penalties, especially if borderline.

I'm not enough of a horse racing guy to know where this foul fell on that scale, but changing the outcome of the biggest event in the sport is a big deal.