“Still Miles Away” -Colin Cowherd

I hated CC long before this but holy crap are some of you sensitive.  We made the playoffs once in 18 years and were 6-10.  I think we should be better but why would any national media think that?

when the Bills are good, we get so much love from the media.  Hopefully the Bills don’t cry about being disrespected in the media and just prove it on the field.

but yeah, CC sucks and has a very punchable face.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Personally never been a fan of "Sellin Cowturds" - just a squawk box IMO.  Rosen is also an East Coast media darling given his millennial, me-too, anti-MAGA agenda.  Forget he has a weak OL and no receivers in MIA.  They will struggle to win 6 games.

Like most major media outlets, Cowturd caters to NYC, MIA and the supreme beings in New England.  Wouldnt pass my litmus test of asking a media member to name 6 starters on each side of the ball.   

Cowherd is a lifelong west coast guy, grew up, went to school, and lives out there. Or are you just here to drop MAGAt turds in the punch bowl? So edgy. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dave in Bluffton said:

I'd rather think about blow out losses with Josh at QB.  Don't remember offhand, but most of his losses last year were close games.  I like under the radar Bills.  Hopefully we can get a good start to the season and roll on.  It isn't impossible to win the division if we play like we did in 2017 and catch a few breaks.

Yup peterman/anderson blowouts should be thrown out immmediately, and are 11 or 12 pt losses really considered blowouts now too??? Cowherd is off his rocker.. haha

Looking back the only blow out i see with JA was @GB when we got shutout 22 - zip.

Edited by badassgixxer05

37 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

To be fair, remember when the Bill's were supposed to be tanking 2 years ago and they ended up in a wildcard spot?

That was only outside perception though. I never thought the Bills were tanking, personally. I bet most Dolphins fans and others who follow their team closely do think that they are tanking.

13 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Cowherd loved Rosen before the draft, claimed he'd be the best of the bunch. I don't mind Rosen myself but this is a classic case of a media guy hanging onto the guy he rated before the draft

You realize all of these QBs have played a grand total of a year?  

5 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yup peterman/anderson blowouts should be thrown out immmediately, and are 11 or 12 pt losses really considered blowouts now too??? Cowherd is off his rocker.. haha

Looking back the only blow out i see with JA was @GB when we got shutout 22 - zip.

I don't care what the final score was; the Chargers game was a blowout.  It was over at halftime but the Bills added a couple garbage-time scores to make it look somewhat respectable.  Hell, I thought we were going to have a Cardale Jones sighting...   

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Here's all you need to know in order to understand Colin Cowherd's football opinions:

NYC: #1 metro area in population

Miami: #7 metro area in population

Boston: #10 metro area in population

Buffalo: #50 metro area in population

He has openly expressed his disdain for blue collar people and small cities and feels that the NFL would be a better league if the Buffalo Bills had moved to Toronto.

Why I always find that view shortsighted (and I do not disagree with you at all, I think it is true, merely shortsighted on the national level) - Toronto does not count for metro-area population viewership, yet they do get local stations. It is one of the reasons Buffalo local TV stations are such an advertising value - many times the potential area viewers as the advertiser is actually paying for.  If the Toronto area viewership is included (and it isn't, only because it is in Canada - stating the obvious), Buffalo jumps above Miami. 

"Know your entire viewing audience", would be my advice if anyone bases their opinions on US numbers alone. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don't care what the final score was; the Chargers game was a blowout.  It was over at halftime but the Bills added a couple garbage-time scores to make it look somewhat respectable.  Hell, I thought we were going to have a Cardale Jones sighting...   

OK. a rookies first ever career start against a playoff bound team after our former starting QB ***** the bed and we were forced to feed our new rook to the wolves... yeah that one should count too...

Wasn't that also the week that play calling got taken away from frazier post game for the ***** show of a defense that showed up? Became one of the best D's in the league following that game to end of season..

Edited by badassgixxer05

4 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

OK. a rookies first ever career start against a playoff bound team after our former starting QB ***** the bed and we were forced to feed our new rook to the wolves... yeah that one should count too...

absolutely. it's the same coaching staff. the team expands beyond the QB.

6 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Wasn't that also the week that play calling got taken away from frazier post game for the ***** show of a defense that showed up? Became one of the best D's in the league following that game to end of season..

It was a blowout at home.  Period. 28-3 at halftime.  No one said it was all Josh Allen’s fault, although he did not play well.

Edited by mannc

What Coward fails to realize is that a big reason for last years blowouts were because the Bills couldn't sustain drives early in the season. With not much of a run game by the RBs. and the new Bills OC calling for deep passes far too often with a craptastic offensive line that wouldn't usually give those WBs time to throw deep. 

Things have changed drastically on this years offensive line with many new faces. Most notably a solid veteran stud at OC who can help set protections for the line. New faces at LG Spain, RG Long, RT Ford. that new RT is a punishing run blocker.

What he also fails to see is that the worst WR on the team who only caught 37% of his passes is gone. The new Bills slot WR is Cole Beasley who caught 74% of targets in Dallas last year and should resemble a Bills fan favorite in WR Andre Reed. Just what Josh Allen needed besides adding deep WR John Brown to compliment Robert Foster and the CFL's leading receiver in Duke Johnson. 

The 2019 Bills offense should be much, much better with the run and pass. Plus, the defense added an already #1 pass defense with EJ Gains and #1 pick in DT Ed Oliver. Also, special teams coach was fired and new blood brought in by the name of Heath Farwell, not to mention picking up Jets all pro KR/PR Andre Roberts. 

This season I can see the Bills knocking the New England Patriots off their lofty perch of division champs.

OTOH, the Dolphins have the worst roster in the NFL and lost their starting LT, LG to free agency. I can see Miami drafting @#1 overall in 2020 and guess what position their pick will be...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

It was a blowout at home.  Period. 28-3 at halftime.

But is it a moment you look back on going into this season and say, "no way the bills can be good! they got destroyed at home by the chargers in week two playing ***** defense and starting a rookie for the first time.. It has zero barrings.. that was the point i was trying to make.

Miami had a large net loss of free agents - they don't know who their QB will be (which affects everyone as we saw last year - reps are important in camp for young QBs especially).  

Parker, stills, wilson sounds good on paper - then you watch them play and none of them ever seems to do anything that amazing.  Oline had net losses.  Drake i like - but i also find it strange that he gets outcarried by others every year.  Wilkins fits right in - but no wake means they'll have no pass rush.  They have solid safeties but i expect teams to carve them up.  

There's nothing to fear on that team from a defensive perspective, and while fitz is capable of good games and putting the team on his back - the turnovers will always doom him.  As for rosen, its not a good situation to be starting for another team that isn't crazy strong up front, doesn't have a strong run game, and was a bottom 5 offense with Tannehill.  They didn't really bring in anyone to improve that bottom 5 offense either so... it's not looking promising.  I would also not be surprised to see them move on from a WR during camp or pre-deadline.

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

But is it a moment you look back on going into this season and say, "no way the bills can be good! they got destroyed at home by the chargers in week two playing ***** defense and starting a rookie for the first time.. It has zero barrings.. that was the point i was trying to make.

You are the one who said 11 or 12 point losses shouldn’t count as blowouts.  I simply pointed to the Charger game as an example of an 11-point loss that was utterly non-competitive.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Beware of people that present goofy reasons for a prediction

Buffalo was blown out in 4 games not 7

Young QBs do best with a OC that can fit talent that matches skill & game plan

So the tanking Dolphins go 7-9 with Rosen, the QB traded after one season....red flag?

Buffalo's draft was every bit as good as the Patriots, some say better...

The Jets have a new head coach & staff, 7-9 is a reach IMO

It may be -and I’m not defending him- he meant over the coarse of McDermotts’ 2 seasons as HC. In that case, there were 8 blowouts, 4 each season by my count. A disturbing trend which must be addressed and fixed, even with Peterman far removed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

What Coward fails to realize is that a big reason for last years blowouts were because the Bills couldn't sustain drives early in the season. With not much of a run game by the RBs. and the new Bills OC calling for deep passes far too often with a craptastic offensive line that wouldn't usually give those WBs time to throw deep. 

Things have changed drastically on this years offensive line with many new faces. Most notably a solid veteran stud at OC who can help set protections for the line. New faces at LG Spain, RG Long, RT Ford. that new RT is a punishing run blocker.

What he also fails to see is that the worst WR on the team who only caught 37% of his passes is gone. The new Bills slot WR is Cole Beasley who caught 74% of targets in Dallas last year and should resemble a Bills fan favorite in WR Andre Reed. Just what Josh Allen needed besides adding deep WR John Brown to compliment Robert Foster and the CFL's leading receiver in Duke Johnson. 

The 2019 Bills offense should be much, much better with the run and pass. Plus, the defense added an already #1 pass defense with EJ Gains and #1 pick in DT Ed Oliver. Also, special teams coach was fired and new blood brought in by the name of Heath Farwell, not to mention picking up Jets all pro KR/PR Andre Roberts. 

This season I can see the Bills knocking the New England Patriots off their lofty perch of division champs.

OTOH, the Dolphins have the worst roster in the NFL and lost their starting LT, LG to free agency. I can see Miami drafting @#1 overall in 2020 and guess what position their pick will be...

The pre-injury josh allen games weren't pretty.  But a full camp would do wonders for him - he had to split reps 3 ways last year in camp.  

Ravens disaster.  Chargers beatdown.  Shutout by the packers.  The bears and colts games were just... comic fails.  The patriots one reads as a blowout but it was what 12-6 entering the 4th quarter? 

I like the performance of the defense overall. But a few games really got away from them - and that needs to get cleaned up for them to be a contender.  3 times teams ran for 200+ on us.  That doesn't happen if they're elite.

As for the offense - 8 games sub 300 yards of offense, 2 games sub 200! 7 games with 3 or more turnovers.  We didn't win a game when we turned it over more than once.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Jesus. You’re not even trying to hide it anymore.

if one has been paying attention, his love affair with the Patsies has been quite evident for years.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

You are the one who said 11 or 12 point losses shouldn’t count as blowouts.  I simply pointed to the Charger game as an example of an 11-point loss that was utterly non-competitive.

well thanks for clarifying for me as i didn't remember much about the game. I do remember the next week though when we blew out Minnesota at their house with that same qb and defense and the Barr leap was born. They should just sell their franchise after that one. no hope(using cowherd logic...)?