“Still Miles Away” -Colin Cowherd

22 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I have a theory, but it's really out there:

Maybe he doesn't think the Bills are going to win a lot of games this year.

I know it sounds nutty, but it could be true. He may think an overhauled offense with a lot of new starters might take a minute to come together, and that we still don't really know how Josh Allen will progress in year 2.

It could well be true.  But against that possibility, he really should look at the fact that 4 of the Bills blowout losses came in games our QB did not start, one in his first start.

The Dolphins tied the Cards for 52 QB sacks last year, lost key OLmen in FA, and didn't do much to shore up the line either in FA or draft (3rd round G).  They too, might take a minute to come together as a team, and meanwhile they just traded for a QB who will stand in like flank steak to be pounded, whereas our QB will sidestep and light the afterburners to shoot down the field, stiff-arming LBs on the way (yes, Kiko, I see you).

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Rosen's entitlement & wokeness will elevate the team.

Rob, I mean no disrespect, but don't you think you are being a little obtuse?

It's important to understand that when you are a rookie QB on a bad football team, going from one bad football team to another bad football team is all that is necessary to make you look good, especially when you had nothing to do with the bad football team being a bad football team other than being the bad football team's starter for 13 games at the most crucial position in sports.

My apologies if I was a little hard on you.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Rosen's entitlement & wokeness will elevate the team.

Elevate, you mean like elevated sluice gates allow the waters to rush through enroute to the QB?

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Sarcastic, more like

Colin i use to listen too about 10 years ago liked because he was honest and never said what he did not believe. I do not have opportunity now to listen so assuming status quo that way: he likes "intellectual" qbs not big strong arms. Colin liked Captain Checkdown because of Stanford therefoe Rosen is his kind of guy and Allen is not- the question is will he admit how wrong he is at end of year?

I don't agree with him on the Fins, but he's spot on with the Jets. Does it really matter if we finish 3/4 or 4/4? Several of the teams on the rise (Jets, Browns, Jags, Chargers) have gotten better. It's going to be a very uphill battle for us to compete this year. Outside of the Dolphins, there isn't a team we should be counting on being stronger than (on paper) in the whole conference. The Raiders, Titans, Bengals, Ravens, Broncos, and maybe even the Steelers could end up being weak teams this year, but the AFC in general should have a pretty high floor. We should be a more talented team than last year, but I think we're less improved than a lot of other squads.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It's important to understand that when you are a rookie QB on a bad football team, going from one bad football team to another bad football team is all that is necessary to make you look good, especially when you had nothing to do with the bad football team being a bad football team other than being the bad football team's starter for 13 games at the most crucial position in sports.

My apologies if I was a little hard on you.

Be gentle with me.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Yep, a guy who is thought of so highly that they barely got a 2nd round pick for him.

only 3 picks better than Tyrod. The Market was just salivating for him

Watched a few of Rosen's games from last year. The Cardinals made the right call. I dont know if Murray will be good, but I have lots more doubts about Rosen

Very Combo or Trent and EJ. Lots of quick throws and lots of underthrows and overthrows. Came away very unimpressed. Perhaps most damning, in the game against the chargers the Cards started hot and had a 10 -0 lead then it got out of hand because that was just a bad team. In the second half, the ran the ball nearly the entire second half. No effort to put the game on Rosen to make some plays, almost like they didnt trust him. It was bizarre.

I never once felt like the Bills tried to hide Allen (at least after his injury). I couldnt believe it. The Cards had not faith in Rosen and it showed

I used to have to listen to Cowherd on my drive home because it was either that or Mo Egger's excessive bitching about Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton. If you listened to his show, you would know that every point that he made is something that has said in the past. He picks games based on who he thinks has the better QB and head coach. He had very strong opinions on the 2018 draft class, and since we now have 3 of the four first-rounders in our division that will drive his rankings almost exclusively. In his rankings, Darnold was the next coming of John Elway and Rosen was right behind him. Allen was on the bottom, second only to Baker Mayfield. Also, that thing about offensive head coaches is something that he says all the time. He's been disabused of this notion by countless guests, most notably Greg Cosel on a weekly basis, but sports talk guys are like message board posters; once they take a public stance on something, it takes a lot to move them off of that position. His professional reputation depends on Rosen and Darnold being superstars and Allen and Mayfield failing.

He also spends a lot of time making really stupid weak analogies between sports and business, but that has nothing to do with this except to say that he thinks that anyone who lives in a cold weather small city is a loser. He also thinks that any fan who would sit outside for a game is a loser because winners sit in luxury suites or watch on big screen TVs. He also questioned why any football player would go to Ohio State or Michigan when the women there have "cankles" while all the women at USC and UCLA are really hot. 

He also thinks that Vegas oddsmakers are completely flawless.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Wasnt he one of the Josh Allen haters then suddenly reversed himself?

F him

To be fair, I was one of the Josh Allen haters who suddenly reserved himself. But Cowhers is still an idiot, only a half step above Skip Bayless.

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

The jets had 4 blow out losses. I don’t think he realized we replaced our entire offense pretty much.

Bills blowout losses

Ravens - Peterman

Chargers - Allen's first Start. Second half was very competitive

Packers- Allen had a rough day

Colts - Derek Anderson gets out of a wheelchair to play football

Pats* - Derek Anderson gets beat up

Bears - Peterman

Pats* Allen struggled, drops all over the place

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

Stephen A yells at me! I don’t like being yelled at. 

Lol.  I love it when SAS yells at me.  It’s the Chris Rock version of debate. He’s like Floyd and Connor. The louder you talk the more you get paid. And he’s getting paid

13 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Bills blowout losses

Ravens - Peterman

Chargers - Allen's first Start. Second half was very competitive

Packers- Allen had a rough day

Colts - Derek Anderson gets out of a wheelchair to play football

Pats* - Derek Anderson gets beat up

Bears - Peterman

Pats* Allen struggled, drops all over the place

oh i know the deal man. what i'm saying is he very clearly did not see the wholesale changes we made at four spots on our o line, 2 wrs, te and rb. Literally overhauled the whole damn thing.  The jets brought in an aging guard who had a rough year last year, a very talented but very headcase rb who may or not be in shape and a lb who can't play pass downs.  But he says they imrpoved somehow

Just now, aristocrat said:

oh i know the deal man. what i'm saying is he very clearly did not see the wholesale changes we made at four spots on our o line, 2 wrs, te and rb. Literally overhauled the whole damn thing.  The jets brought in an aging guard who had a rough year last year, a very talented but very headcase rb who may or not be in shape and a lb who can't play pass downs.  But he says they imrpoved somehow

The improved because they play in "NY"

I'd argue even if they got more talent they absolutely botched the hiring of Gase. They lost out to Kingsbury and then their lame duck GM wanted control over the Baylor coaches staff and he balked. Gase was the last chick at the party. He was a bad coach in Miami and I dont see that changing anytime soon 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Allen:  11 starts, 5 wins, 18 TDs, passer rating 67.9, QBR 52.3

Rosen:  13 starts, 3 wins, 11 TDs, passer rating 66.7, QBR 26.6

I mean, the passer rating is similar but not much else.  The supposedly "NFL-ready" and accurate QB Rosen completed 55.2% of his passes.

Both Buffalo and Arizona had crappy OLs, but one could argue Arizona had better players at receiver.

Who knows, maybe Rosen was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and will blossom in Miami.  For some reason I doubt it.

As bad as our o-line was last year, Arizona's was much worse. And Miami's this year looks to be around the same level of awful. Although Miami's QB situation (and likely coaching) is much improved this year, that awful line will "hinder" (not really in the grand scheme of things because it's a rebuild) them. The Dolphins are in a great rebuilding situation for 2020: If Rosen doesn't work out, there are plenty to chose from in next year's draft. But if he does, the team will likely still be near the bottom and they'll be in a great position to get a haul for a likely top pick.

• Like (+1) 1