“Still Miles Away” -Colin Cowherd

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Rosen makes the Dolphins better. Those believing he is trash and think Allen is a rising superstar, they had similar stats last year

Allen:  11 starts, 5 wins, 18 TDs, passer rating 67.9, QBR 52.3

Rosen:  13 starts, 3 wins, 11 TDs, passer rating 66.7, QBR 26.6

I mean, the passer rating is similar but not much else.  The supposedly "NFL-ready" and accurate QB Rosen completed 55.2% of his passes.

Both Buffalo and Arizona had crappy OLs, but one could argue Arizona had better players at receiver.

Who knows, maybe Rosen was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and will blossom in Miami.  For some reason I doubt it.

• Like (+1) 2

To me, the biggest falsehood is his claim that a young quarterback needs an offensive head coach.   For every cherry picked example of that there is an example that disproves it. For example, big Ben and Tom Brady say hi. On the other hand, any young quarterback at least needs a good coordinator. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think I read maybe two or three posts in this thread that countered Cowherd's reasons for his prediction rather than simply insulting him for not embracing the Bills.   Of course, fans wearing their Bills-colored glasses have been attacking the messengers for two decades because the Bills have been a crappy team for that long.

Until the Bills actually do something on the field to demonstrate that they've become a significantly better team than they've been for the last two decades -- a team that's had all of three winning seasons since 2000 -- why should anybody -- fan or sports commentator alike  -- realistically think the Bills are going to be good this season when the team's actual play proves that the naysayers are right far more often they are wrong?  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BobChalmers said:

Not recently.

I think more importantly, he is a among a set of idiots who 1) made up their mind way too early that Josh Allen sucks and 2) don't like reevaluating their premises, but prefer to stick to their biases.

Cowherd is 100% useless as an analyst.

Of course he is, but if he picked the Bills to win 12 we would want to name a street in Orchard Park after him.

Expect this until the Bills ACTUALLY prove it.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Yes and I wouldnt hire any one of you as Bills GM either.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sees us as last in the Division. Obviously, he has many critics, but I’ve always liked him and he makes points.

*Alarming 7 Blowout loses

*Young QBs do better with Offensive HC

*Fish go from 7-9 pretenders to WC consideration w/Rosen

*Pats* great Draft

*Jets did much to improve 

I’m good with this analysis as we all (AFCE) play a comparatively favorable schedule and no Bills fans really know what we have or who we are yet. We’re putting a lot of stock and hope that all the pieces will fit nicely very quickly. If not, and it’s unreasonable to expect it, we’re going to lose games we likely should and could have won, while learning ‘who we are’.

I still think 10 wins is possible, but it’ll take at least 3 Division wins to accomplish.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/buffalo-bills-still-miles-away-from-competing-in-afc-says-colin-cowherd.html

CC is an absolute joke of a media member his opinion is always based on some weird ways of thinking and outright outrageous comparisons.  I hate his guts to be honest not as a person but as a media member?

2 historical greats had a premonition that Bills fans eons later would be dealing with bloviating talk show host "experts" today:

"Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is considered wise; When he closes his lips, he is considered prudent." 

---Proverbs 17:28 (King Solomon). 

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."
— Abraham Lincoln.

Mr. Cowherd should have more in-studio guests on his show, to help him have to speak less. That is all. :D

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I don't get "upset" at national media projections like this because it is so easy to see that his analysis is not well thought out.  Let's look at the AFCE.

The Fish do not have a good roster -- and Rosen played worse than Allen last year.  Colin's argument that "young QBs play better with an offensive HC" apparently doesn't apply to the Fish I guess, since Flores is their coach?  Lazy.

The Pats*** draft grades are all over the board.  Yes, as long as Belichick and Brady are there (or someone topples them) they are rightfully the favorites, but they are not a "powerhouse" like in some years past and they have holes.

The Jets added flashy pieces (Bell, Moseley) and drafted a very good DT in Williams.  They have improved on paper -- but why is their "paper" worth more than the Bills' "paper?"  Arguably no team in the NFL did as much to improve their roster "on paper" as the Bills did in FA and the draft.  Both the Bills and Jets have 2nd year QBs, and one could argue that the continuity on the Bills' coaching staff is more of a benefit to Allen than "crazy eyes" Gase is to Darnold.

After the Pats*** both the Bills and Jets are logical choices to show improvement.  The Fish are a mess.  If Rosen plays better they could be a .500 team.

I think Cowherd does this, truthfully, to drive social media "outrage" among rabid fan bases like the Bills.

They've won 3 of the last 5 SBs and were in 4 of them in the same time frame.....how is that NOT a powerhouse ?

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, JXCOL3 said:

I listen to Cowherd every so often. He has strong opinions on the QB's taken in the 18' draft, they are ( Baker is a bust and completley undraftable, Josh Allen has a low completion percentage which also makes him a bust, Josh Rosen is going to be a superstar, Lamar Jackson is also a superstar, Sam Darnold is the birth child of Elway and Rodgers.)

He has actually softened on Josh Allen. He is more in the "still got something to prove but was better than I thought" camp. One of his regular guests (can't remember which) loves him and I think that has brought him round a bit. 

Beano has built the roster the right way for the long haul. The jets built a roster on high priced free agents, that never works. The dolphins are just beginning the roster rebuild and are a couple years out. The patriots have a 42 year old quarterback plus lost trey flowers, trent Brown,  Rob gronkowski. The bills have a complete roster for the first time in 20 years. If the rookie class plays to their potential, the bills will challenge the patriots this year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

They've won 3 of the last 5 SBs and were in 4 of them in the same time frame.....how is that NOT a powerhouse ?

Yeah, after I typed that I knew it would come across the wrong way, lol.  I just mean they aren't blowing people out left and right.  It's amazing the run they are on, but I never get the sense they just roll over other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

Yeah, after I typed that I knew it would come across the wrong way, lol.  I just mean they aren't blowing people out left and right.  It's amazing the run they are on, but I never get the sense they just roll over other teams.

The thing I hate the most about NE is that they've set the bar at such a high level ,.. that no other team will ever compare...we are doomed for the rest of our lives....we'll always hear..." they're great, but they're not NE..."

Funny enough, the 1 year they were blowing people off, they ended up losing the SB....

Cowhert has a history for apologizing for being wrong. He's probably wrong 85% of the time. His miscalculations must be his appeal, it's certainly not his prognostications.

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Constantly amused at folks like Colin Cowherd rattling you guys. You all know he doesn't pay attention to the Bills so why do you care about his analysis? 

Is the complaining therapeutic or something?

Don't worry. Colin Cowherd and other pundits are necessary parts of the food chain!

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He has actually softened on Josh Allen. He is more in the "still got something to prove but was better than I thought" camp. One of his regular guests (can't remember which) loves him and I think that has brought him round a bit. 

Well that is nice to hear, I always felt he was pretty quick to jump to a conclusion. I will have to try and listen more often to his show.

Just now, JXCOL3 said:

Well that is nice to hear, I always felt he was pretty quick to jump to a conclusion. I will have to try and listen more often to his show.

The youtube extracts of his show is some of my treadmill material. There was almost a year where I couldn't get any WGR stuff because of the European General Data Protection Regulation but now that Radio.com is compliant I can get the on demand stuff from there again.