“Still Miles Away” -Colin Cowherd

he's good at what he does, heck he has us talking about him, but he is a fan like someone pointed out above, not a pro.

to me, Rosen sucks.  he's physically weak and has attitude problems on top of that.  he was developed really early in his life as a QB, so he is skilled, but i don't think he will deliver the goods.

i do suspect, assuming miami put some talent around him, that early in the season he may play a couple good games, but when the cold comes and he gets worn down over a season, he will fold.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd rather think about blow out losses with Josh at QB.  Don't remember offhand, but most of his losses last year were close games.  I like under the radar Bills.  Hopefully we can get a good start to the season and roll on.  It isn't impossible to win the division if we play like we did in 2017 and catch a few breaks.

• Like (+1) 1

Cowherd is a loud mouthed naysayer. He throws cold water on teams that have real hope of improving.  He pumps up the obvious and big market teams.  I’m sure it’s a schtick. He might be perfectly nice or a total tool in real life.  No idea.  Either way, view everything he says through that lens.  Him dogging the Bills just means we are looking like we could really improve. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Who is a "pro?"

in this context, someone who gets paid for his knowledge, like a pro scout or front office employee.

cowherd gets paid to entertain, which the numbers show he does, not to be accurate or insightful

what do you think a pro is?

I'm sorry, but Colin Cowerd is schmuck. I've thought that for a long time and it has nothing to do with anti-bills statements. 

Now, about what he said, we really are miles away until we show that we're not. But if he thinks the dolphins are a contender with Rosen, then he's in the lump of media idiots who can't let go of their predraft lovefest for Rosen. 

Related image

Cowherd was born in Aberdeen, Washington.[1] His father, Charles, was an optometrist and his British-born mother Patricia (d. 2014)[2] was a housewife who immigrated to the United States at age 14.[3] He has an older sister named Marlene. Cowherd grew up in Grayland, Washington, a small fishing village about 130 miles away from Seattle. His parents divorced while he was young, due to his father's alcoholism, and he and his sister were raised mainly by their mother.[4]Cowherd described himself as a loner during his childhood, spending much time sitting on his roof, listening to baseball games on the radio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Cowherd

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Which is like just about everyone in the sports talk profession....

Not really.  There are a lot of ex-athletes whose opinions actually mean something.  

23 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

The credibility of his words is shot when he states that Fins are WC conterders. The Rosen statue will crumble behind that O-Line!!

He correctly states the Fish have beaten NE* twice in 2 years (somehow always play them well) and were 7-9 last season which was better than us and NYJ. I’m not endorsing his take, but by nearly all accounts, our Division has the most favorable schedules of all Divisions, so who beats who within will likely be in position for a WC spot. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Cowherd was born in Aberdeen, Washington.[1] His father, Charles, was an optometrist and his British-born mother Patricia (d. 2014)[2] was a housewife who immigrated to the United States at age 14.[3] He has an older sister named Marlene. Cowherd grew up in Grayland, Washington, a small fishing village about 130 miles away from Seattle. His parents divorced while he was young, due to his father's alcoholism, and he and his sister were raised mainly by their mother.[4]Cowherd described himself as a loner during his childhood, spending much time sitting on his roof, listening to baseball games on the radio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Cowherd

...should have jumped....dammit..........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

"7 alarming blowouts"

how many were there After Allen came back?

who was the QB for most of them?

not much thought went into that statement 

Edited by TPS

He's right about the blowout losses being a concern. The defense especially against the run collapses for long periods of time. The defensive ranking last year is a mirage. The defense did not pressure the QB and turnovers were down. The pass rush needs to get much better and the offense needs to stay on the field longer.

I have no idea what he is talking about with the young QB do better with offensive minded HCs. 

Manning x 2, Brady, Cam Newton, Luck, Lamar Jackson, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger and hell even the likes of Andy Dalton, Carr, and Bridgewater all started their careers with defensive minded head coaches. LA , Dallas, and Philadelphia are recent examples of offensive minded coaches having success with young QBs.

Rosen is better than this board thinks and was a great move by Miami. The rest of Miami's roster is a dumpster fire. They will struggle to get to 3-13.

Brady had stretches last year where he looked his age and with Gronk gone the offense will be different.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Doc said:

Not really.  There are a lot of ex-athletes whose opinions actually mean something.  

Cowherd isn’t a former NFL player but he runs marathons at 55 years old. He openly admits he trains so he can try and have the mindset of an athlete. I find that impressive, lots of media personalities look like slobs. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

He correctly states the Fish have beaten NE* twice in 2 years (somehow always play them well) and were 7-9 last season which was better than us and NYJ. I’m not endorsing his take, but by nearly all accounts, our Division has the most favorable schedules of all Divisions, so who beats who within will likely be in position for a WC spot. 

Yea Miami is one of New England's least favoured stadiums to play in. They have a pretty poor record there the last decade. I still see Miami 4th of the 4 to be honest but they did have a decent enough draft and if that oline does hold up then Rosen could well be an upgrade on Tannehill.

Personally never been a fan of "Sellin Cowturds" - just a squawk box IMO.  Rosen is also an East Coast media darling given his millennial, me-too, anti-MAGA agenda.  Forget he has a weak OL and no receivers in MIA.  They will struggle to win 6 games.

Like most major media outlets, Cowturd caters to NYC, MIA and the supreme beings in New England.  Wouldnt pass my litmus test of asking a media member to name 6 starters on each side of the ball.  

I do think Jets/Bills will be the great AFCE rivalry going forward in the next decade.  Pretty cool that Allen and Darnold are buds too.  

I don't get "upset" at national media projections like this because it is so easy to see that his analysis is not well thought out.  Let's look at the AFCE.

The Fish do not have a good roster -- and Rosen played worse than Allen last year.  Colin's argument that "young QBs play better with an offensive HC" apparently doesn't apply to the Fish I guess, since Flores is their coach?  Lazy.

The Pats*** draft grades are all over the board.  Yes, as long as Belichick and Brady are there (or someone topples them) they are rightfully the favorites, but they are not a "powerhouse" like in some years past and they have holes.

The Jets added flashy pieces (Bell, Moseley) and drafted a very good DT in Williams.  They have improved on paper -- but why is their "paper" worth more than the Bills' "paper?"  Arguably no team in the NFL did as much to improve their roster "on paper" as the Bills did in FA and the draft.  Both the Bills and Jets have 2nd year QBs, and one could argue that the continuity on the Bills' coaching staff is more of a benefit to Allen than "crazy eyes" Gase is to Darnold.

After the Pats*** both the Bills and Jets are logical choices to show improvement.  The Fish are a mess.  If Rosen plays better they could be a .500 team.

I think Cowherd does this, truthfully, to drive social media "outrage" among rabid fan bases like the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

Cowherd’s 2018 NFL Division Predictions

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxsportsradio.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2018-07-17-colin-cowherds-2018-nfl-season-predictions/

Solid except for Falcons & Packers. All the others were in the playoffs & Steelers were a tie away.

AFC North

Steelers

AFC East

Pats*

AFC South

Texans

AFC West

Chargers

NFC North

Packers

NFC East

Eagles